• Oct 20th, 2011 7:38 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 10, 2010
45 posts
4 upvotes

S2 coming out to rogers tomorow

i called rogers like 5 times and every employee said they dont know, and even one said it might come before christmas

i made a final call a few minutes ago, and the lady said S2 is in stock oct 18 for sure, and she said the other pepole must've not checked all their emails.

HURRAH!
24 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41491 posts
6511 upvotes
omgbbq2 wrote: i called rogers like 5 times and every employee said they dont know, and even one said it might come before christmas

i made a final call a few minutes ago, and the lady said S2 is in stock oct 18 for sure, and she said the other pepole must've not checked all their emails.

HURRAH!

The SII LTE you mean?
Proud to be an Indian.
Aug 6, 2009
500 posts
57 upvotes
GTA
omgbbq2 wrote: yes

Do we know if the Rogers ones will work with Wind / Mobilicity like the Telus one will?
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3621 posts
497 upvotes
Toraen wrote: Do we know if the Rogers ones will work with Wind / Mobilicity like the Telus one will?

Doesnt sound like it will
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2003
1229 posts
136 upvotes
Brampton, ON
T-Mobile S II should work on Wind, and mostly their will be unlocked versions sold by others (newegg.ca comes to mind)
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2145 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
I haven't searched yet, but is Rogers releasing a competitive LTE data package that is not significantly more then their $30/6GB plan?
Dec 25, 2009
142 posts
10 upvotes
mannyb wrote: I haven't searched yet, but is Rogers releasing a competitive LTE data package that is not significantly more then their $30/6GB plan?

$50 for 9-10GB I believe.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2010
2366 posts
386 upvotes
Thunder Bay
hmmm... where have I heard the "It will be here in a month, next week, tomorrow" charade before?

Oh yeah, a year ago when Rogers released the Captivate.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1959 posts
314 upvotes
Brampton
I always take CSR's info with a grain of salt.

I did get my reservation email letting me know their ready to ship my S2 LTE, even then - i wouldnt be surprised if it comes out and shipped next month or so.
Mar 18, 2010
43 posts
2 upvotes
mannyb wrote: I haven't searched yet, but is Rogers releasing a competitive LTE data package that is not significantly more then their $30/6GB plan?

Go to http://www.rogerslte.com/new-lte-device ... sunggalaxy and click on "See LTE plan details". If you scroll down to the "Voice & Data Plans", you'll see a decent looking $62.97 / month plan that gives you 200 minutes, eve & weekends starting at 9PM, and one of four options (e.g. unlimited messaging, double your minutes, My 5, unlimited local network calling) - with 2GB of Data. That's the cheapest way to get more than 1GB of Data, I think, and it's LTE to boot.

I'm going to see if Retentions will give me the same $15/month credit on this plan that they offered me on another $60 (non-LTE) plan last week.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5426 posts
1349 upvotes
Toronto
Obsolete before it comes out on Rogers.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2010
2366 posts
386 upvotes
Thunder Bay
infamouskid wrote: do we know that aws bands will be supported for home network or is that support only in there for roaming?

Considering Telus doesn't use 1700, it would be there for roaming, or to use a Wind/Tmo sim with.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)