[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2003
1710 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto

Safety Recalls

Hi All,

I have a safety recall on my Lexus, and I was just wondering if I need to bring it back to he original dealer that I purchased it from or can I choose to go to a different one to have it fixed?

Thanks.
MechanicalMan64
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
4762 posts
4606 upvotes
Toronto
MechanicalMan64 wrote: Hi All,

I have a safety recall on my Lexus, and I was just wondering if I need to bring it back to he original dealer that I purchased it from or can I choose to go to a different one to have it fixed?

Thanks.
Any Lexus dealership service department.

You may also be able to take your Lexus to a Toyota dealership service department since they should be able to order Lexus parts.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1235 posts
610 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: You may also be able to take your Lexus to a Toyota dealership service department since they should be able to order Lexus parts.
While this statement is true, a Toyota dealership cannot perform any warranty work for a Lexus vehicle, and vise versa. Same goes for Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infiniti, VW/Audi, etc.
Feb 17, 2015
960 posts
1116 upvotes
Canada
The letter you received from Lexus will tell you exactly what are your options.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4961 posts
1841 upvotes

Thanks.
Try reading the letter or email that you received for the recall. It clearly tells you there.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2