Expired Hot Deals

Safeway

100 Bonus Miles when you buy $150 in Safeway Gift Cards

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2020 3:47 pm
12 replies
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2005
615 posts
233 upvotes
Offer is also on at Sobey's in ON.

Get 100 Bonus Miles when you buy $150 in Sobeys Gift Cards*

Valid Thursday, December 3 to Wednesday December 9, 2020 at Sobeys.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5435 posts
1977 upvotes
badbeerbreath wrote: Not as good as the old days but not bad if you shop at Safeway and collect AM's still.

https://www.safeway.ca/flyer
100 miles = $10.53 if you take cash miles. $150/($150 + $10.53) = 93.44% or 6.56% discount.

I think either moola or ugo has a 10% discount promo on now. Check their threads here.
Newbie
Jun 6, 2009
57 posts
4 upvotes
Careful you’ll pay tax on a bunch of GCs at Sobeys/Safeway including Netflix. Brutal.

I took advantage of this 100AM promo last month and to avoid paying tax I settled for Best Buy, Petco, and Starbucks - both were no tax when scanned at the till.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47131 posts
7532 upvotes
Richmond Hill
seanjohnalpha wrote: Careful you’ll pay tax on a bunch of GCs at Sobeys/Safeway including Netflix. Brutal.

I took advantage of this 100AM promo last month and to avoid paying tax I settled for Best Buy, Petco, and Starbucks - both were no tax when scanned at the till.
I believe it's more a problem with Netflix than it is with anything else. It is certainly the exception, not the norm.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1919 posts
1261 upvotes
Amex Reserve Air Miles card let's you book flights at about 1.3x the value so it's almost like 8.6% cash value
Sr. Member
Aug 24, 2018
777 posts
1049 upvotes
Langley BC
Ugo has Safeway cards (buy $100 get $110) so if you can combine this with Safeway AM deal you could save even a bit more. On $300 you would get ($30 extra in Safeway GC plus 200AM so around another $20). Not a bad deal if you can find some good GC.
Don..
Member
Jun 18, 2006
252 posts
232 upvotes
Burnaby
DonM28020 wrote: Ugo has Safeway cards (buy $100 get $110) so if you can combine this with Safeway AM deal you could save even a bit more. On $300 you would get ($30 extra in Safeway GC plus 200AM so around another $20). Not a bad deal if you can find some good GC.
I don't think you can use gift card to buy gift card.
Sr. Member
Aug 24, 2018
777 posts
1049 upvotes
Langley BC
In the Ugo tread someone had commented that you can. I have not tried this personally so I am not 100%
Don..
Newbie
Apr 16, 2011
47 posts
23 upvotes
You can buy a third party gift card with Sobeys or Safeway GCs (system will allow it), but I think you would be hard pressed to find any cashier who would let you buy a Sobeys or Safeway GC with a Sobeys or Safeway GC...
Member
User avatar
Jul 29, 2016
212 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
powerlord wrote: You can buy a third party gift card with Sobeys or Safeway GCs (system will allow it), but I think you would be hard pressed to find any cashier who would let you buy a Sobeys or Safeway GC with a Sobeys or Safeway GC...
Amen, not just "hard pressed", but buying Sobeys gift card with Sobey gift card is strictly against corporate policy. If they allowed that, I can just keep buying $150 Sobeys GC with the Sobeys GC for the Air Miles over and over and over with multiple AM accounts and spend $0 net out of pocket.
Toronto Raptors 2018-2019 NBA Champions
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1676 posts
478 upvotes
Edmonton
powerlord wrote: You can buy a third party gift card with Sobeys or Safeway GCs (system will allow it), but I think you would be hard pressed to find any cashier who would let you buy a Sobeys or Safeway GC with a Sobeys or Safeway GC...
Just wondering if this is a certain thing?
I have a need, Xmas gifts purposes for all the teenagers in my extent family, total around $500 GC of varieties that likely Safeway carries. It would be cool if i can benefit 300-400 AM out of that budget. :-)
TIA and stay safe.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)