Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Safeway

Buy Safeway $150 GC, get 100 AM

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2020 6:55 pm
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
newfbc wrote: Yes.. that's correct... you cannot buy one of their own gift cards with their own gift card. I think this is mostly to prevent abuse of promotions - you could buy a $150 gift card to get 100 Air Miles, then use it to buy another $150 gift card for more miles, and so on... Some cashiers/managers may try to make up their own rules.. in that case, show them the 'official terms' at the site listed.

Ron.
careful though, you dont wanna be dubbed as a 'karen'.
if they dont allow it, best to move to the next location.
May 5, 2007
21 posts
7 upvotes
Anyone know if this would count towards the 1 of the 5 partners for the Safeway Mega Miles offer?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
2054 posts
2032 upvotes
Winnipeg
mikecm wrote: Anyone know if this would count towards the 1 of the 5 partners for the Safeway Mega Miles offer?
No, this is not a Mega Miles offer. But you can use the gift card to pay for $150 in groceries for the Safeway offer.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2004
1367 posts
2419 upvotes
Vancouver
ml88888888 wrote: Some cashiers/managers may try to make up their own rules. Some don't even allow you to buy gift cards using a credit cards.
Monday I bought a $100 Shell gift card along with other items using my Safeway gift card. The lady processed through with no question asked. Wed. I went to a different location near Granville & W 70th Ave. The cashier refused to accept my Safeway gift card. Later the manager came and gave me some kind of BS like money laundering using gift card to buy gift card. I even showed him my receipt from Monday. He said the staff made a mistake. I went back to the same store as Monday. Now a different cashier told me I could not use the same gift card to buy another Shell gift card.

Their system will process through. It's only depending on which cashier is scanning the items.
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10055 posts
6147 upvotes
wranglery wrote: Monday I bought a $100 Shell gift card along with other items using my Safeway gift card. The lady processed through with no question asked. Wed. I went to a different location near Granville & W 70th Ave. The cashier refused to accept my Safeway gift card. Later the manager came and gave me some kind of BS like money laundering using gift card to buy gift card. I even showed him my receipt from Monday. He said the staff made a mistake. I went back to the same store as Monday. Now a different cashier told me I could not use the same gift card to buy another Shell gift card.

Their system will process through. It's only depending on which cashier is scanning the items.
that is correct. Some cashier are new or don't care to remember the rule.
especially during the bonus AM sale this week. Any smart cashier or manager would know what you are trying to do by buying Sobeys gcs, then turn around and buy 3rd party gcs using Sobeys gcs. May be buy the 3rd party gcs next week.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)