Expired Hot Deals

[Safeway/Sobeys] Get 100 Airmiles for buying 5 products like yogurt, granola bars. Starting on Dec. 3 - 9.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2020 3:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3718 posts
2116 upvotes

Get 100 Airmiles for buying 5 products like yogurt, granola bars. Starting on Dec. 3 - 9.

Retailer:
Safeway/Sobeys
It is not clear if you have to buy 5 different products in that group or can buy 5 of any kinds. If it is 5 of any kinds, then the lowest price is $2.5 for yogurt. So 5 x$2.5=$12.5 and get 100AM.

Updated: it can be 5 items of the same kind. I bought 5 yogurts @2.50 each for $12.50 and got 100 AM. It is like > 80% back in AM.
Last edited by ml88888888 on Dec 4th, 2020 6:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
60 replies
Mar 20, 2006
392 posts
158 upvotes
Sounds like a good promo but I don’t have enough AMs to participate (don’t wanna pay otherwise). Still waiting for 50 airmiles from last aisles of miles or whatever the name was, from a similar promo. Contacted airmiles earlier and they asked to wait for 120 days. I took the liberty to tell them that their 120 days time frame is a hopeless try to make people forget about the promo. That promo was not that long ago but I did not get points from Shell three purchases and another promo either.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3718 posts
2116 upvotes
2good wrote: Sounds like a good promo but I don’t have enough AMs to participate (don’t wanna pay otherwise). Still waiting for 50 airmiles from last aisles of miles or whatever the name was, from a similar promo. Contacted airmiles earlier and they asked to wait for 120 days. I took the liberty to tell them that their 120 days time frame is a hopeless try to make people forget about the promo. That promo was not that long ago but I did not get points from Shell three purchases and another promo either.
For Safeway/Sobeys or Shell AM bonus, contact the company directly, not AM.
Jan 29, 2008
470 posts
112 upvotes
Participating products are General Mills salutes
  • Chex (cereal) 395g @ $4
  • Yoplait Source 650g @ $2.5
  • Yoplait Tubes 8x60g, 6x60g $2.5
  • Natural Valley Sweet & Salty 192-210g, Protein 148g, Fibre 1 125-175g, Granola cups 175-191g, Crocker Fruit Shapes 226g $4, buy 2+ $3
  • Lucerne, Dairyland or Natrel Milk 2L, 4L
Dec 3- Jan 6 2021 (according to flier which may be region specific)
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2413 posts
1102 upvotes
Edmonton
Good deal ...4 granola bars = $12 plus 1 milk to wash down $5 17-10 for $7. Thx op, didn't notice it in flyer.
Screenshot_20201203-103942.png
Dec 7, 2007
109 posts
56 upvotes
can you buy 10 and get 200 AM on the same transaction?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2413 posts
1102 upvotes
Edmonton
kuchunwah wrote: can you buy 10 and get 200 AM on the same transaction?
I'm suggesting yes based on experience with the cereal promos buying 5 to get 95ams and bought 20 once and earned 95amx4 on one transaction.....
Deal Addict
May 14, 2004
1118 posts
1188 upvotes
Vancouver
Back in June, I participated similar promo with purchases of 8 yogurt. All I got was the base AM. The receipt never gave me the 100 AM. I asked the service rep. She told me to contact AM. But I had to wait at least 6 mths to contact them. It's almost 6 mths now. I am getting ready to call them about my missing AM. It's a HUGE hassle. I won't bother with it again!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3718 posts
2116 upvotes
wranglery wrote: Back in June, I participated similar promo with purchases of 8 yogurt. All I got was the base AM. The receipt never gave me the 100 AM. I asked the service rep. She told me to contact AM. But I had to wait at least 6 mths to contact them. It's almost 6 mths now. I am getting ready to call them about my missing AM. It's a HUGE hassle. I won't bother with it again!
Like I said in my post(#5) above, 'For Safeway/Sobeys or Shell AM bonus, contact the company directly, not AM.'. and you don't have to wait 120 days to call. Wait for a week. Your problem could be that you bought the wrong thing(i.e. wrong size, wrong brand of the same company, wrong flavour, etc.) since the bonus AM didn't show on your receipt. It is hard to argue about that. If the AM shows on your receipt, that is easier to complaint.
May 2, 2017
910 posts
1768 upvotes
wranglery wrote: Back in June, I participated similar promo with purchases of 8 yogurt. All I got was the base AM. The receipt never gave me the 100 AM. I asked the service rep. She told me to contact AM. But I had to wait at least 6 mths to contact them. It's almost 6 mths now. I am getting ready to call them about my missing AM. It's a HUGE hassle. I won't bother with it again!
Rookie mistake. Bonus AM should show on receipt. Redo transaction or refund if non existent. Customer service can also add miles manually if it doesn't show.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5744 posts
1243 upvotes
Toronto
I participated a similar promo with purchases of 9 bag of chips (sign mentioned 9 on the shelf), however the flyer mentioned 10. So I got 9, and did not get the bonus miles on receipt. Luckily the cashier manually added the miles to my card. or else I would complain to AM after 120 days (not 4 months). you can just live chat them, or click missing miles link and provide detail to them. No need to call.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3718 posts
2116 upvotes
frankmp wrote: Good deal ...4 granola bars = $12 plus 1 milk to wash down $5 17-10 for $7. Thx op, didn't notice it in flyer.

Screenshot_20201203-103942.png
The ad says buy 5 participating products. Does it mean 5 different products or can be 5 of the same product? If it can be 5 of the same product, then best deal is to buy 5 yogurts @ $2.5 each. So 5 x $2.5 = $12.5 and get 100 AM.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3718 posts
2116 upvotes
ricedion wrote: I participated a similar promo with purchases of 9 bag of chips (sign mentioned 9 on the shelf), however the flyer mentioned 10. So I got 9, and did not get the bonus miles on receipt. Luckily the cashier manually added the miles to my card. or else I would complain to AM after 120 days (not 4 months). you can just live chat them, or click missing miles link and provide detail to them. No need to call.
Lucky you had a nice cashier. Otherwise when you call AM and you didn't buy 10, then you won't get the AM.
Feb 8, 2012
167 posts
95 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Sobeys and Safeway have the ability to fix this at the customer service desk. Anytime I had a problem it was fixed right there without any hassle. They have a Airmiles code that appears MAKE IT RIGHT on the receipt.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3042 posts
901 upvotes
Thanks for the heads-up Op! I love Natrel milk and gonna buy $5!
Aug 8, 2020
267 posts
92 upvotes
Air miles is such a delayed post program, you have to chase them left and right.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3718 posts
2116 upvotes
CALITSLA wrote: Air miles is such a delayed post program, you have to chase them left and right.
Because the AM rewords are owned & handled by Loyalty One which is a separate 3rd party which is different from PCOptimum points which are owned by the same internal company Loblaw.
Jun 18, 2006
128 posts
87 upvotes
Burnaby
For this kind of promo, how many times can one participate during the promo period? Is there a limit per day?