Greater Saskatchewan…

Safeway/Sobeys/IGA(west) Air Miles Blue Friday - February 28,2020 only

Price:
varies
Expiry:
February 28, 2020
Safeway/Sobeys/IGA(west) Air Miles Blue Friday - February 28,2020 only

The once a month event is on again.

There are Bonus Air Miles (BAM) when you purchase a certain quantity of selected products.

The usual junk food deal on potato chips is on. This time, it is Old Dutch chips 255g, Ridgies 220g and Dips 425g, at 2/$6. Buy 4, get 40 BAM (~$4), so unit price is about $2. ($12 - 4 = 8/4). OR Buy 8, get 100 BAM (~$10), so unit price is about $1.75. ($24 - 10 = 14/8).

Buy 5 for $3.99 Family Size General Foods, POST or Alpen cereals, such as Shreddies 725g and Honey Nut Cheerios 725g, get 100 BAM (~$10), so unit price is about $2. ($20 - 10 = 10/5)
blue-friday-cheerios-2020-02-28.jpg

I didn't notice any other super HOT Blue Friday deals but maybe I missed it in the flyer. Feel free to post any noteworthy deals.
Last edited by saskwatcher on Feb 27th, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:arrow: Literally by doing nothing at home, you can save lives during the Covid-19 Crisis.
:arrow: Keep physically distant but socially connected.
:arrow: Sask distracted driving - the old fashion way - with alcohol and MJ.
16 replies
Mar 1, 2014
570 posts
670 upvotes
saskwatcher wrote: Safeway/Sobeys/IGA(west) Air Miles Blue Friday - February 28,2020 only

The once a month event is on again.

There are Bonus Air Miles (BAM) when you purchase a certain quantity of selected products.

The usual junk food deal on potato chips is on. This time, it is Old Dutch chips 2555g, Ridgeies 220g and Dips 425g, at 2/$6. Buy 4, get 40 BAM (~$4), so unit price is about $2. ($12 - 4 = 8/4). OR Buy 8, get 100 BAM (~$10), so unit price is about $1.75. ($24 - 10 = 14/8).

Buy 5 for $3.99 Family Size General Foods cereal, such as Shreddies 725g and Honey Nut Cheerios 725g, get 100 BAM (~$10), so unit price is about $2. ($20 - 10 = 10/5)

I didn't notice any other super HOT Blue Friday deals but maybe I missed it in the flyer. Feel free to post any noteworthy deals.
2555g chips gotta be HUGE bags. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Nov 10, 2011
570 posts
484 upvotes
St. Catharines
gshrfd wrote: 2555g chips gotta be HUGE bags. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Might have to borrow my son's pickup truck to get 'em home.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Aug 28, 2019
45 posts
389 upvotes
Calgary
Nothing well enough priced for a food bank donation haul, especially since they devalued the bonus miles from the usual $100/100BM to $125/75BM.

Hoping for enough resistance to this month's deals to make their next Blue Friday's offers more attractive...
Sep 11, 2011
347 posts
139 upvotes
HelloDealy wrote: Nothing well enough priced for a food bank donation haul, especially since they devalued the bonus miles from the usual $100/100BM to $125/75BM.

Hoping for enough resistance to this month's deals to make their next Blue Friday's offers more attractive...
The bonus air miles coupon is pure crap. I think Safeway will be the next store to close down. Their prices are insane and now they’re getting rid if brand name products and replacing them with their crappy house brand My Compliments.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10023 posts
2631 upvotes
bellagirl wrote: The bonus air miles coupon is pure crap. I think Safeway will be the next store to close down. Their prices are insane and now they’re getting rid if brand name products and replacing them with their crappy house brand My Compliments.
Safeway is popular in the west, they have a great deli, bakery, meats are good, and a good overall product selection. the prices are not always higher, and in the Edmonton area, they offer 15% off the first Tuesday of the month, which can turn into some major savings. the quality blows superstore out of the water.
Jun 27, 2019
25 posts
18 upvotes
Hi, sorry if this is a dumb question, but can you apply the bonus miles you've just earned to pay for the purchase in which you accumulated them?
Aug 28, 2019
45 posts
389 upvotes
Calgary
rocking23nf wrote: Safeway is popular in the west, they have a great deli, bakery, meats are good, and a good overall product selection. the prices are not always higher, and in the Edmonton area, they offer 15% off the first Tuesday of the month, which can turn into some major savings. the quality blows superstore out of the water.
Same in Calgary. Plus every so often they have a GC promotion, last one a few months ago was $150GC/150BAM. So that's another 10+% savings.

So strategic shopping on the first Tuesday of the month, on Blue Fridays as well as during MegaMiles and ShopThe Block can make a lot of sense. Even more so if you have the Scotiabank Gold Amex, which gives a 5% cashback on all Safeway/Sobeys/IGA purchases,
Aug 28, 2019
45 posts
389 upvotes
Calgary
Clarissa15 wrote: Hi, sorry if this is a dumb question, but can you apply the bonus miles you've just earned to pay for the purchase in which you accumulated them?
No, unfortunately the BAMs aren't applied to your account right away.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11849 posts
10786 upvotes
Clarissa15 wrote: Hi, sorry if this is a dumb question, but can you apply the bonus miles you've just earned to pay for the purchase in which you accumulated them?
Yes, you can redeem cash miles to pay for the purchase and still collect AM for next purchase.
But it is getting harder to get BAM on Blue Friday.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7439 posts
3538 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote: Safeway is popular in the west, they have a great deli, bakery, meats are good, and a good overall product selection. the prices are not always higher, and in the Edmonton area, they offer 15% off the first Tuesday of the month, which can turn into some major savings. the quality blows superstore out of the water.
Prices are definitely expensive but sometimes it can be worth it for the significantly better produce than Loblaws-chain stores. Also, every week there is at least 1 item in the flyer that is worth buying.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2004
1315 posts
343 upvotes
Greater Saskatchewan…
MaxPower19 wrote: Pretty sure Shreddies is Post so not on sale.
I stand correct and corrected

Post and Alpen (who?) Family Size Cereals are also included in the deal.
blue-friday-cheerios-2020-02-28.jpg
:arrow: Literally by doing nothing at home, you can save lives during the Covid-19 Crisis.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2004
1315 posts
343 upvotes
Greater Saskatchewan…
gshrfd wrote: 2555g chips gotta be HUGE bags. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Dumb cat walking on the keyboard. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes Posting corrected.
cpfan wrote: Might have to borrow my son's pickup truck to get 'em home.
I can easily fit 3 bags of Loblaws 750g jumbo potato chip bags in a Mini-Cooper. Winking Face
potato-chips-750g-noname.png
Last edited by saskwatcher on Feb 27th, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 28, 2019
45 posts
389 upvotes
Calgary
WTF??? This is beyond ridiculus!

Some of their flyer items now have an unknown price - the shown $ amount is preceeded by 'Starting At' in the smallest font size possible - how the heck are we supposed to plan our Blue Friday shopping?

Super shady IMO
Images
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 5.38.57 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 5.40.03 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 5.40.32 PM.png