345 upvotes
Greater Saskatchewan…

Safeway/Sobeys/IGA(west) Air Miles Blue Friday - March 27,2020 only

Price:
various
Expiry:
March 27, 2020
Safeway/Sobeys/IGA(west) Air Miles Blue Friday - March 27,2020 only

The monthly event on the last Friday of the month is on again.

Normally I would be promoting a casual shopping trip for junk food but during this Covid-19 Crisis, I don't want to encourage unneeded shopping trips just to get some Bonus Air Miles.
Make a trip only if you need essentials and then since you are already there, pick up some comfort food too.
- maintain "physical distancing" but stay "socially connected" e.g. smile, wave, eye contact
- respect the senior hours for those more at risk
- shop quickly
- acknowledge the front line workers that are keeping the lights on

That being said, here are some Bonus Air Miles (BAM) offers when you purchase a certain quantity of select products.

This month's junk food deal is Doritos Tortilla chips and Cheetos at 2 for $7. Buy 4, get 40 BAM (~$4), so unit price is about $2.50. ($14 - 4 = 10/4).

For Haagen-Dazs fanatics, 414-500 ml tubs are $4.99. Buy 2, get 40 BAM (~$4), so unit price is about $3. ($10 - 4 = 6/2).

I didn't notice any other super HOT Blue Friday deals but maybe I missed it in the flyer. Feel free to post any noteworthy deals.

Signing off,
Stay kind. Stay patient. Stay strong. Stay healthy. Stay away. Stay home. We are in this together.
Literally by doing nothing at home, you can save lives.
:arrow: Literally by doing nothing at home, you can save lives during the Covid-19 Crisis.
:arrow: Keep physically distant but socially connected.
:arrow: Sask distracted driving - the old fashion way - with alcohol and MJ.
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
5070 posts
3579 upvotes
Vancouver
saskwatcher wrote: Safeway/Sobeys/IGA(west) Air Miles Blue Friday - March 27,2020 only

The monthly event on the last Friday of the month is on again.

Normally I would be promoting a casual shopping trip for junk food but during this Covid-19 Crisis, I don't want to encourage unneeded shopping trips just to get some Bonus Air Miles.
Make a trip only if you need essentials and then since you are already there, pick up some comfort food too.
- maintain "physical distancing" but stay "socially connected" e.g. smile, wave, eye contact
- respect the senior hours for those more at risk
- shop quickly
- acknowledge the front line workers that are keeping the lights on

That being said, here are some Bonus Air Miles (BAM) offers when you purchase a certain quantity of select products.

This month's junk food deal is Doritos Tortilla chips and Cheetos at 2 for $7. Buy 4, get 40 BAM (~$4), so unit price is about $2.50. ($14 - 4 = 10/4).

For Haagen-Dazs fanatics, 414-500 ml tubs are $4.99. Buy 2, get 40 BAM (~$4), so unit price is about $3. ($10 - 4 = 6/2).

I didn't notice any other super HOT Blue Friday deals but maybe I missed it in the flyer. Feel free to post any noteworthy deals.

Signing off,
Stay kind. Stay patient. Stay strong. Stay healthy. Stay away. Stay home. We are in this together.
Literally by doing nothing at home, you can save lives.
Where did you find the Blue Friday deals? I checked online flyers, not showing...

Ron.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2301 posts
602 upvotes
newfbc wrote: Where did you find the Blue Friday deals? I checked online flyers, not showing...

Ron.
Same here. No Blue Friday deals showing up in Calgary flyer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2004
1323 posts
345 upvotes
Greater Saskatchewan…
Thrasher wrote: Same here. No Blue Friday deals showing up in Calgary flyer.
My paper flyer has the Blue Friday deals. Try one of the 3rd party websites that show flyers such as reebee.com.
Sidebar: yes i still get paper flyers. Has anyone noticed the paper Superstore flyer now contains only the front and back pages? When it first changed, i thought the middle pages had fallen out and was ready to call the flyer delivery company. Nerd Face
:arrow: Literally by doing nothing at home, you can save lives during the Covid-19 Crisis.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2004
1323 posts
345 upvotes
Greater Saskatchewan…
MaxPower19 wrote: None in Victoria...this must have been cancelled.
Phone your local store to find out.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12653 posts
3427 upvotes
Scarberia
nothing as hot as those 100ams for 4 quaker oatmeals from last month huh
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Oct 17, 2004
98 posts
43 upvotes
Canmore
mikka2017 wrote: nothing as hot as those 100ams for 4 quaker oatmeals from last month huh
Our flyer is showing 100 airmiles if you buy 6. Sale price is 2/7$.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2004
1323 posts
345 upvotes
Greater Saskatchewan…
mikka2017 wrote: nothing as hot as those 100ams for 4 quaker oatmeals from last month huh
How HOT was it? Face Screaming In Fear Details please. What was the price huh?
Last edited by saskwatcher on Mar 27th, 2020 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 8, 2015
320 posts
191 upvotes
East York, ON
this is what the sobeys flyer looks like regarding air miles (Toronto) Mar 26 - Apr 1st. doesn't look like blue Friday (
soobbb.JPG
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2364 posts
1029 upvotes
Edmonton
MaxPower19 wrote: OP please update thread title to “Saskatchewan only” thanks.
Why.????...Good in Edmonton flyer.....guess not yours....
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1092 posts
340 upvotes
YYC
Thrasher wrote: Same here. No Blue Friday deals showing up in Calgary flyer.
I have the print flyer from Safeway in Calgary and the Blue Friday deals are right on a flap on the front of the flyer and a two pages in the middle of the flyer.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3639 posts
9192 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
In order to minimize the amount of people going out to the stores curious what the deals are during this timeframe, please check out the Edmonton 14 page flyer (there are 2 flyers) online through Reebee for Sobeys or the single flyer for IGA also on Reebee.

If there are items that you feel you could use, I would suggest calling over to your local Sobeys/Safeway/Foodland/Thrift Foods/IGA and ask if they are currently participating in the event.
Aug 28, 2019
47 posts
390 upvotes
Calgary
I just called my local Safeway, Calgary Westbrook.

They said they will honor the Blue Friday flyer deals if product is in stock, but told me that they did not order additional supplies in anticipation of Blue Friday, so most of the decent deals are already sold out. And this time they will not give rainchecks.