[OP]
Nov 27, 2008
146 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto

[Safeway] SAFEWAY (western canada) - BONUS AIRMILES COUPONS -DEC 28-JAN 3

SAFEWAY - BONUS AIRMILES COUPONS -DEC 28-JAN 3

Hi everyone,

I really hate living in Toronto everytime I get an email from Safeway , lol. The Bonus Airmiles are always amazing from Safeway.

Copy and paste the following link to view and then be able to print out the coupons.

http://safeway.ca/emaildirect/offers/em ... 3_2008.pdf

DEALS ARE:

40 bonus AIR MILES with every 6 purchases of TWO Litre bottles of COKE product.
- if anyone knows the current price of TWO litre bottles of COKE product, please post it.

30 bonus AIR MILES with every 3 purchases of DUTCH CRUNCH KETTLE CHIPS.
- if anyone knows the current price of DUTCH CRUNCH KETTLE CHIPS, please post it.

Enjoy all of you where there are SAFEWAYS... and to SAFEWAY if you are listening, OPEN UP A STORE IN TORONTO PLEASE :) :) :)
10 replies
Dec 18, 2008
949 posts
24 upvotes
i always stock up on Toilet paper when they have the bonus air miles :)
[OP]
Nov 27, 2008
146 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry, there are two more pages of deals for AIR MILES... just look at the 2nd and 3rd pages to see the deals yourself.... sorry i should have mentioned there were more deals.
[OP]
Nov 27, 2008
146 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Spongeg wrote: i always stock up on Toilet paper when they have the bonus air miles :)
I have done the same thing, but that was at a grocery store called Dominion here in Toronto, now being called METRO...

Like i said, i really wish there was a SAFEWAY in Toronto :)
Sep 3, 2008
205 posts
10 upvotes
mkassapian wrote: SAFEWAY - BONUS AIRMILES COUPONS -DEC 28-JAN 3
DEALS ARE:

40 bonus AIR MILES with every 6 purchases of TWO Litre bottles of COKE product.
- if anyone knows the current price of TWO litre bottles of COKE product, please post it.
2L Coke products are 3 for $4 dollars this week --> 40 miles for $8

I miss the spend $100 get 100 miles coupons. There's not one in the flyer this week either :(
Jul 21, 2006
582 posts
186 upvotes
Everyone reacts to the Airmiles events at Safeway. I just found the last time I actually used Airmiles points what I paid them in taxes and fees was almost the same as what I could have bought the ticket direct from airline myself yet I was out all the points I had earned (short flight Vancouver <-> Saskatoon)

The fees that Airmiles charges are excessive for the flights yet people keep using it... I just dunno about it.
Feb 1, 2005
193 posts
28 upvotes
"Collectors must pay taxes, fuel surcharges and other applicable charges and fees on air travel. "

"other charges" would include airport tax... 911 fee... and any other BS tax they tack on to the ticket price. If you price out the ticket on somewhere like westjet... and see that the taxes and fees on top of the ticket price are around $100 for a $300 ticket... expect to be paying airmiles $100 per ticket.

I'm pretty sure aeroplan is the same way. I think the only way you can get around this is if you get something like TD points... which would reimburse for the whole thing (costing you more points of course).
Aug 13, 2004
774 posts
227 upvotes
Vancouver
true true -- i stopped chasing airmiles YEARS ago -- after they devalued my earned miles several times over I felt ROBBED!! They got away with it and I didn't even see so much as a whimper in public forums... if you consider a mile used to be worth a mile you'll have only 1/2 the picture -- the added fees and taxes have also increased over the years....

lesson??? spend your miles now and move on to something that's worth your efforts before they devalue your points again.... TD is the only way to go in my books.... second place is some 1% cards but.....
Banned
Nov 11, 2006
8770 posts
31 upvotes
man u guys have it nice with safeway stores where u luve...NONE in the GTA area.... i have NO clue y they don't have any here...i'd shop here all the time if they had 1, easily get 1000 ams in a couple months

have u guys tried to email headquarters and PETITION a store here lol

i don't use AMs pts for air travel..but for gc redemptions only

there pts reward per item is a fcukin joke! like 20 000pts for a small tv? lulz ..it take u 10 years to collect that much pts
E5200 @ 3.5200 Ghz BIOS 1.38125v 24/7 | Asus P5Q PRO | G.Skill F2-8000CL5D 8GB ram @ 853MHz on 2.10v | 1 TB Samsung F1 Spinpoint HD | 1 TB Seagate 7200.11 rpm| 1 TB WD1001FALS Black Caviar | Antec SONATA 500w Designer Case | BFG NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT OC+ 512MB PCIe 2.0 | OCZ Vendetta 2 HSF | Samsung LN40A530 C(rappy) panel | Logitech G51 sound | Xbox 360 60gb | *PS3 w/ 263gb | Nintendo Wii LU37 | Vista Ultimate x64

/me wuz pwn3d by GAG forums lolz
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4876 posts
1336 upvotes
Regina
kleptodathief wrote: man u guys have it nice with safeway stores where u luve...NONE in the GTA area.... i have NO clue y they don't have any here...i'd shop here all the time if they had 1, easily get 1000 ams in a couple months

have u guys tried to email headquarters and PETITION a store here lol

i don't use AMs pts for air travel..but for gc redemptions only

there pts reward per item is a fcukin joke! like 20 000pts for a small tv? lulz ..it take u 10 years to collect that much pts
you said you could collect 1000 ams in a couple months...viewing your 'couple' as between 2 and 3 months that small tv should only take you between 40 and 60 months or up to 5 years, therefore your 10 year logic is wrong...
Feb 1, 2005
193 posts
28 upvotes
according to my airmiles statement... last year I collected just shy of 5K (4997 actually).

That was from primarily using the amex platinum AM card (costco only takes amex, so it works out) and shopping at safeway. A small portion came from other retailers... but a drop in the bucket compared to safeway.

Last month I checked the airmiles westjet deals and I had enough for 2x tickets to orlando, so I could spend the AM on that and pay for the fees. Or I could just wait for a seat sale, eat the entire cost for the tickets (will work out to $1100 or so for 2) and spend the airmiles on $700US worth of car rental vouchers.

Or I could spend them on rona gift certificates... would be able to get about $750 worth (some kind of patio furniture would be pretty sweet... hmm) If it's fees that are the problem for you... there are many other options when it comes to spending your miles.

The same goes for aeroplan... I knew I wasn't going to accumulate enough of those for a flight... so I blew em on a $100 costco cash card... no fees to get it... win/win.