Expired Contests

[Daily] Safeway - "What Would You Do w/ 100K AirMiles?" (ends 3/May/12, BC/AB/SK/MB/N.ON, FB)

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2012 12:41 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106493 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Safeway - "What Would You Do w/ 100K AirMiles?" (ends 3/May/12, BC/AB/SK/MB/N.ON, FB)

"What Would You Do With 100,000 Air Miles Contest"

Prize:
  1. GRAND PRIZE One (1) Grand Prize of 5,000 AIR MILES reward miles.
  2. SECONDARY PRIZES Five (5) Secondary Prizes of 1,000 AIR MILES reward miles
ARV: YMMV

Rules: embedded
  • The Contest is open to all residents of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Northern Ontario where Safeway stores exist only.
Enter: https://www.facebook.com/SafewayCanada/ ... 6406894278 (don't forget to "like" them first)
  • Entries should answer the question "What Would You Do with 100,000 AIR MILES reward miles?" All essay entries should be 500 characters or less.
  • The Grand Prize will be awarded by random draw to one contest participant. Five (5) secondary prizes will be awarded by random draw.
Search: SafewayCanada

[INDENT]Ed. note: after reading through the rules and some careful consideration, I'm quite sure that this is related to, but not the same contest, as what TYinTVR posted two days ago.
Evidence:
  • entry method is different (Facebook vs. instore entry)
  • prizing is different (one Grand Prize of 5,000 Air Miles vs. weekly prizes of 100,000 Air Miles)
  • and this, from the entry page: "Be creative and tell us what you would do If you won Safeway’s in-store weekly giveaway of 100,000 AIR MILES® reward miles and you could WIN a Grand Prize of 5,000 AIR MILES® reward miles or 1 of 5 prizes of 1,000 AIR MILES® reward miles."
  • Online entry requires an essay submission (although it's still random draw), instore does not
  • Online entry does not require an Air Miles number, instore does
  • Frequency of entry - daily vs. other
  • Entering in one contest does not automatically enter you in the other one
[/INDENT]
Good luck!

E.&O.E.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: I'm not actively monitoring this thread. If you have a question regarding the contest, or encounter a problem and would like me to look into it, please PM me about it. Thanks.
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
13 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106493 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Read more closely. They are not.
ronin1701 wrote: [INDENT]Ed. note: after reading through the rules and some careful consideration, I'm quite sure that this is related to, but not the same contest, as what TYinTVR posted two days ago.
Evidence:
  • entry method is different (Facebook vs. instore entry)
  • prizing is different (one Grand Prize of 5,000 Air Miles vs. weekly prizes of 100,000 Air Miles)
  • and this, from the entry page: "Be creative and tell us what you would do If you won Safeway’s in-store weekly giveaway of 100,000 AIR MILES® reward miles and you could WIN a Grand Prize of 5,000 AIR MILES® reward miles or 1 of 5 prizes of 1,000 AIR MILES® reward miles."
[/INDENT]
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Expert
Jul 6, 2008
18726 posts
1660 upvotes
Scarborough Bluffs
good luck
Deal Expert
Jun 11, 2007
15769 posts
1682 upvotes
Maple Ridge
Entered. Thank you.
Prize Won:
(2015-2016) Nothing big/Small...
(2014) Huawei Mini Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2011
10585 posts
20617 upvotes
Maple Ridge
I posted a question on facebook to Safeway whether this was a once only or daily and they responded that it was a daily entry.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106493 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Missycat wrote: I posted a question on facebook to Safeway whether this was a once only or daily and they responded that it was a daily entry.

OK, thanks for the heads up.

Next time, please PM me (as it says in my post) - it was just blind luck that I came across your comment.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
18748 posts
5411 upvotes
If it's Facebook, I can't enter either. I have 3 access code numbers. First 3 PMs get one each... :D
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2009
17762 posts
3550 upvotes
Toronto
thanks & good luck

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)