• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2020 12:48 am
[OP]
Oct 22, 2013
162 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Sail] Fjallraven Vidda Pro Men's Pants $138.75

this is the lowest price i've seen for these pants in the past two years; lowest i've seen before was $160. they rarely go on sale and are usually excluded from site-wide sales.
the bay is selling these for $180 plus their promo of 25% off, if spending more than $100, so effectively the same price. however, they have less sizes and colors.

check your size with this size guide here, before purchasing.

these pants aren't for everybody, but for those that spend a lot of time hiking, camping, or bushcrafting.
even though they're expensive, they will last for many years if they are taken care of and well worth the investment, imo.

blessings and stay safe, everybody!
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 9th, 2020 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
26 replies
Nov 17, 2015
166 posts
315 upvotes
Banff, AB
I’ve had these pants for about three years now and they refuse to rip. They’ve been up some jagged peaks in summer and bad winter branches in winter. You can buy the wax to change how waterproof they are and they should be owned by every single outdoorsman. Good price if you’re an outdoorsman. If not, stick to your white sneakers and arcteryx jackets.
Aug 29, 2018
293 posts
367 upvotes
cheelos wrote: If not, stick to your white sneakers and arcteryx jackets.
No need to throw shade.
Aug 17, 2008
937 posts
476 upvotes
SASKATOON
cheelos wrote: I’ve had these pants for about three years now and they refuse to rip. They’ve been up some jagged peaks in summer and bad winter branches in winter. You can buy the wax to change how waterproof they are and they should be owned by every single outdoorsman. Good price if you’re an outdoorsman. If not, stick to your white sneakers and arcteryx jackets.
So edgy
Dec 18, 2005
45 posts
15 upvotes
Glencairn
Great pants virtually indestructible, thanks needed another pair. Not due to damage due to loving them heh
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1830 posts
442 upvotes
Calgary
Is this sold out? I can't add to the cart, just the wishlist
Apr 8, 2007
452 posts
109 upvotes
Same here, tried different browsers as well but no luck.
Mar 13, 2006
77 posts
52 upvotes
cheelos wrote: I’ve had these pants for about three years now and they refuse to rip. They’ve been up some jagged peaks in summer and bad winter branches in winter. You can buy the wax to change how waterproof they are and they should be owned by every single outdoorsman. Good price if you’re an outdoorsman. If not, stick to your white sneakers and arcteryx jackets.
This is such a loaded post. What kind of jagged peaks are you traversing in heavy-ass pants like this? And what the hell is a winter branch? And who the hell coats their pants in wax? Easy there, Bear Grylls.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
1428 posts
185 upvotes
Bought for work in the office. I hope they last a couple of years.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3145 posts
2021 upvotes
Langley
jayess wrote: This is such a loaded post. What kind of jagged peaks are you traversing in heavy-ass pants like this? And what the hell is a winter branch? And who the hell coats their pants in wax? Easy there, Bear Grylls.
I was just thinking who could even use these? The only application I can see is if you're a tradesman in the north pole or something. Who's going to hike in something like that? I snow shoe in shorts and merino long sleeve, how would anyone survive in these crazy pants
Aug 17, 2019
67 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto, ON
They're a great pair of pants, I use them from camping in the summer to ice fishing in the winter. They've extremely durable and kept me dry even after kneeling in ice and snow for over an hour. The wax is cheap and easy to apply, you can always apply a thicker layer for areas of abrasion if you really want to as well.
Aug 8, 2015
44 posts
48 upvotes
Farted in these one time, blew the back seam out pretty good. FR CS replaced them within a month and ensured mine would be repaired and donated to a needy renaissance man. No brainer at this price tbh.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1090 posts
794 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
FJCanada has sales on these fairly often (like maybe 4 times a year) at $105'ish I believe.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Nov 16, 2019
72 posts
21 upvotes
Arcteryx is bombproof. Pricey but excellent.

Looks like Vidas are sold out.. Kebs are on sale as well for $180. They have zipper on the side for more ventilation... tough choice in this environment.
Nov 17, 2015
166 posts
315 upvotes
Banff, AB
jayess wrote: This is such a loaded post. What kind of jagged peaks are you traversing in heavy-ass pants like this? And what the hell is a winter branch? And who the hell coats their pants in wax? Easy there, Bear Grylls.
If you're asking all these questions, don't drink your own piss, then they're not for you.

https://www.explor8ion.com/2008/06/22/roche-miette/
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/canada/ ... -route?u=i
etc
Last edited by cheelos on Apr 9th, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1090 posts
794 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
dmitrym879060355 wrote: Arcteryx is bombproof. Pricey but excellent.

Looks like Vidas are sold out.. Kebs are on sale as well for $180. They have zipper on the side for more ventilation... tough choice in this environment.
There are now new vidda pros with side vents :D Waiting to find a pair for $100 before I buy, though.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1090 posts
794 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
dmitrym879060355 wrote: Any idea when the next one is? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
tough to say, but if you are patient enough to wait some weeks/months.... :P Be sure to sign up for their notifications.

Generally I wait for their sales, then pricematch with altitude sports for another 5% off (and use store credit if I have it)
Nov 24, 2016
9 posts
12 upvotes
cheelos wrote: If you're asking all these questions, don't drink your own piss, then they're not for you.

https://www.explor8ion.com/2008/06/22/roche-miette/
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/canada/ ... -route?u=i
etc
If you're comparing Goretex Pro Shell with G-1000 you probably don't need either. Both excellent, very different uses and strengths.

The fact that Arcteryx is popular with the wannabe outdoorsy crowd does nothing to diminish the bomber quality of their gear.