Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sail

Garmin Venu 2 - $267 + tax - in-store only

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2022 1:35 pm
Jun 30, 2016
250 posts
654 upvotes
Vancouver

[Sail] Garmin Venu 2 - $267 + tax - in-store only

Venu 2 GPS Smart Watch - 47% off. This beats the recent sale price from Running Room (~$285).

NOTE: Final sale.

UPDATE: now only available in-store
Last edited by DizzyYak on Dec 23rd, 2022 10:32 am, edited 7 times in total.
29 replies
Apr 12, 2007
581 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
Careful with Rakuten.. bought a Garmin Edge last year and they denied cashback because it's an "orientation device"

"Cash Back is not available on the purchase of gift cards, marine and ice fishing items, sport rifles, bathing suits, orientation and electronics items. Use of coupon/promo code not found on Rakuten.ca may void Cash Back."

Current terms say electronics which this might fall under as well.
Apr 6, 2003
464 posts
116 upvotes
Ottawa
This is a great price for an excellent watch!
Oct 19, 2014
98 posts
91 upvotes
Saint-Laurent, QC
I wanted the Venu 2s White for my gf but for some reason it's the only one that's not on sale/available for shipping :(
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2017
1533 posts
2767 upvotes
Toronto
Apparently a phenomenal device with sleep tracking being an issue.
Nov 5, 2006
382 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered the blue/grey Garmin Venu 2 from the Running Room last week, and my early impressions are excellent on this watch.

Great screen quality, good haptic feedback for alarms, awesome battery life (my old Apple Watch was awful), and last but not least the watch looks great on the wrist.

I don't text/call/read emails on my watch; I have a phone for that. I'd recommend this watch if you're interested. $266 plus tax is a phenomenal price.
Nov 21, 2018
56 posts
116 upvotes
eiafuawn wrote: I ordered the blue/grey Garmin Venu 2 from the Running Room last week, and my early impressions are excellent on this watch.

Great screen quality, good haptic feedback for alarms, awesome battery life (my old Apple Watch was awful), and last but not least the watch looks great on the wrist.

I don't text/call/read emails on my watch; I have a phone for that. I'd recommend this watch if you're interested. $266 plus tax is a phenomenal price.
agreed! another thing to note, Garmin pay is basically useless. No major Canadian banks are supporting it

If you care about replying to texts or answering calls, then this is not the watch for you.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
Only 5% GST for orders to BC! I used Airmilesshop for almost 10% cash back (3X + 15X points) instead of risking it with Rakuten or GCR.

The only thing is I'm not sure if the Explorer+ (new customer) 15% off promo code would have stacked on top or not... Oh and I had trouble checking out using Google Chrome and had to use MS Edge instead.

Right after I ordered, SAIL has changed the website to disallow "ship to home" as an option... hopefully my order goes through *fingers crossed*
Last edited by tmonies on Nov 30th, 2022 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
gravufo wrote: I wanted the Venu 2s White for my gf but for some reason it's the only one that's not on sale/available for shipping :(
Buy her the black Venu 2s and swap out the straps... sure the body of the watch won't be white/rose gold, but is that worth spending $300+ more?
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Oct 6, 2020
345 posts
761 upvotes
I bought this watch from Altitude Sports last week. I price matched but the rep ended up giving me the watch for a net cost of $171. Although, I did receive the refund in Alti dollars..and I will have to figure what I should buy with it
Oct 19, 2014
98 posts
91 upvotes
Saint-Laurent, QC
tmonies wrote: Buy her the black Venu 2s and swap out the straps... sure the body of the watch won't be white/rose gold, but is that worth spending $300+ more?
Thanks for the suggestion, actually I already bought it from Garmin directly when they had it on sale so I paid 100$ more + tax. I definitely would've prefered getting it 100$ less, but then buying straps seems to be at least 50$ + tax so it essentially comes back to almost the same price but with more hassle and not the look she wanted :D

Had it been me, I would've been fine with any of the available colours. Oh well.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
2139 posts
2551 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
eiafuawn wrote: I ordered the blue/grey Garmin Venu 2 from the Running Room last week, and my early impressions are excellent on this watch.
I bought the blue/grey version about six months ago and have really enjoyed this device since then. Glad I went for the blue as it's a nice change from the standard black.
eiafuawn wrote: I don't text/call/read emails on my watch; I have a phone for that. I'd recommend this watch if you're interested. $266 plus tax is a phenomenal price.
slashdash11 wrote: ...If you care about replying to texts or answering calls, then this is not the watch for you.
I did not intend to make use of texts or calls on the watch at first, and still would not spend extra for the Venu 2 Plus just to get voice controls. That being said, I have found the ability to view texts (and send simple responses) very useful. It cuts down on the number of times I look at my phone since I can scan the text on the watch and decide if it needs an immediate response. As for phone calls, while you cannot talk through the Venu 2, being able to answer the phone and put the call on speakerphone is helpful.
Jun 30, 2016
250 posts
654 upvotes
Vancouver
FYI: Running Room denied my price match request.
Dec 25, 2007
768 posts
782 upvotes
Vancouver
My price match was also denied! It was available for shipping when I submitted but ah well. I am happy to be getting my delivered tomorrow.
Jun 9, 2019
772 posts
906 upvotes
darkhero168 wrote: Careful with Rakuten.. bought a Garmin Edge last year and they denied cashback because it's an "orientation device"

"Cash Back is not available on the purchase of gift cards, marine and ice fishing items, sport rifles, bathing suits, orientation and electronics items. Use of coupon/promo code not found on Rakuten.ca may void Cash Back."

I would have escalated this, it's like saying a car is an MP3 player. Or that a fridge actually counts as just an ice dispenser. What a sneaky and ridiculous way of trying to prevent cashback.

Additionally, why does some random Rakuten employee care so much about their job to deny you your cashback, as if they get a commission for it? Surely escalation to someone more reasonable would have resolved it.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2759 posts
1122 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I had this watch. I can go on for on a week without charging. Then I upgraded to their higher end Fenix 7 but find it too bulky and flashy with the steel frame. Now I'm sporting the all black Forerunner 955 fulltime where I can go 2 full weeks without charging. I could never go back to wearing fashion watches anymore. Absolutely love all my Garmin watches and if you've never tried one this deal is a good start.
[solicitation removed]
Apr 19, 2013
256 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
Nice find OP! Unfortunately OOS online.
Mar 4, 2014
534 posts
872 upvotes
darkhero168 wrote: Careful with Rakuten.. bought a Garmin Edge last year and they denied cashback because it's an "orientation device"

Purchase registered, but no cash back. Must be considered an electronic device :(

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)