Students

Is SAIT BBA (Accounting) good for CPA/CGA?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2014 11:53 pm
[OP]
May 31, 2012
11 posts
calgary

Is SAIT BBA (Accounting) good for CPA/CGA?

I got an offer for 3yr / 5th semester entry into SAIT BBA (Accounting) program. I’m coming from Toronto and I have an accounting diploma from local Seneca College. So far I research, it seems to me that SAIT BBA (Accounting) is a very good option if you target CGA. Can anyone give me a clear idea about SAIT BBA and how it might be valued in this transition period (CGA to CPA)? I appreciate for any feedback on job prospects of this program.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2008
3373 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
mdkalam wrote: I got an offer for 3yr / 5th semester entry into SAIT BBA (Accounting) program. I’m coming from Toronto and I have an accounting diploma from local Seneca College. So far I research, it seems to me that SAIT BBA (Accounting) is a very good option if you target CGA. Can anyone give me a clear idea about SAIT BBA and how it might be valued in this transition period (CGA to CPA)? I appreciate for any feedback on job prospects of this program.
CGA is confirmed to merge with CPA, with a final application deadline for the old CGA program in Sept 2015. You're most likely going to be pursuing for CPA by the end of your program.

Also, it doesn't matter where you take the courses as long as the credits are accredited by the CPA association. If the program has Co-op or offers any competitive advantage for employment, then that would help I guess.
[OP]
May 31, 2012
11 posts
calgary
SAIT - BBA (accounting) definitely cover all pre-requisites for CPA PEP.... Earlier it covered CGA L4 + some courses from PACE, I think, level.... Can anyone have any updated info?? Is it possible to complete the 3rd + 4th year in 16 consecutive months at SAIT?
[OP]
May 31, 2012
11 posts
calgary
I appreciate comments from SAIT graduates or current students...
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
2031 posts
395 upvotes
GTA
Looks like you can take everything online. Welcome to the E world.