SAIT - Medical Lab Tech Program

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2015 5:34 pm
[OP]
Jan 5, 2014
2 posts

SAIT - Medical Lab Tech Program

Hello everyone :)

I got offered an interview for the MLT program at SAIT for the 2013 intake! I'm doing it over skype since I live far away and they make exceptions for students outside of a 400 km radius of Calgary.

Anyway, I'm fairly nervous for the interview and upon searching the web I've only found two posts about the MLT interview - one saying it was extremely hard and you needed to impress them; another contradicting it saying it was easy and straightforward. I'm really hoping for any input on what to expect and if you remember any questions or what they were like.

Any general helpful information about the program is welcome too. Please share your experiences.

Thank you,
Violetta
4 replies
Nov 27, 2013
3 posts
Calgary, AB
Hi Violetta

I think you meant to say 2014 intake ;) . I applied to MLT program last Oct, took the assessment last Dec, and finally got their offer earlier this month. How did your application go? I really hope you succeed! It is exciting if I could get a classmate before the school starts!

If there is anyone who is going to take MLT program, currently in that program, or completed the program at SAIT, please leave your thoughts about it. Any kind of information will be great!

Thank you in advance! :D
Nov 27, 2013
3 posts
Calgary, AB
BTW, I saw from the other forum that it is better for us to take 3 first semester courses online to reduce the study load from 10 to 7 courses. Has anyone done that before?
Any advice will be appreciated!
Nov 25, 2014
1 posts
Calgary, AB
Hello everyone. I'm in the middle of deciding which date I should choose for the assessment. I'm kinda anxious as to what will be the coverage of the assessment. I'm planning to do it nxt month. Any advice? Do I have to study math chem etc? Or do they only assess you on your ability to follow instructions?
Nov 27, 2013
3 posts
Calgary, AB
I would say the sooner, the better. The material covered in the assessment test is definitely not hard, and I personally don't feel like it's necessary to prepare for it. It will have a little bit math, but nothing more than high school simple math.
Hope this helps! Good luck!