• Jul 31st, 2015 12:06 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2005
1213 posts
107 upvotes
Vaughan, On
Ducky wrote: Anyone know a particular store in gta with good prices for the sakura range hoods? Or even online?

I am interested in the sakura 8168 model... The best price i can get from a Mississauga store is $550 tax in + $60 installation
don't cheapen out on the installation, we refused it and tried to install it ourselves, this thing is a bitch to lift and hold it in place, spent 3 times more than our dishwasher, gas burner despite it's quite simpler than formers, the weight is the major hinderance when installing range hood, one guy has to hold it all DAMN time.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6484 posts
2389 upvotes
Mississauga
jian1 wrote: don't cheapen out on the installation, we refused it and tried to install it ourselves, this thing is a bitch to lift and hold it in place, spent 3 times more than our dishwasher, gas burner despite it's quite simpler than formers, the weight is the major hinderance when installing range hood, one guy has to hold it all DAMN time.
I was talking about a better price for the range hood...

The $60 installation is a fixed cost and not negotiable...
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1206 posts
360 upvotes
TORONTO
Ducky wrote: Anyone know a particular store in gta with good prices for the sakura range hoods? Or even online?

I am interested in the sakura 8168 model... The best price i can get from a Mississauga store is $550 tax in + $60 installation
Which store did you buy? I am thinking to get U-2A from Walmart.ca with 10% discount. Your price even better with tax in. I like to get one from that store. Can you PM me the store name? Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6484 posts
2389 upvotes
Mississauga
HappyValley1 wrote: Which store did you buy? I am thinking to get U-2A from Walmart.ca with 10% discount. Your price even better with tax in. I like to get one from that store. Can you PM me the store name? Thanks.
In Mississauga, the Chinese food court mall... Dixie rd... North of eastgate and south of eglinton... There is only one kitchen store in the tiny mall...
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1206 posts
360 upvotes
TORONTO
speedyforme wrote: We just bought from Amazon.ca the AKDY for $300. No idea how good it is but we dont use much oil for cooking and no crazy chinese style stuff.

Will install and test out.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00PZ8T4S6/ref= ... 00_TE_item
After you install your AKDY range hood, can you let us know how it goes? I also looking at couple AKDY hoods I like but the reviews are mixed. I go for Euro style from GOLDEN VANTAGE same as AKDY company. The price is pretty good in $300 range and free delivery.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13064 posts
3755 upvotes
HappyValley1 wrote: After you install your AKDY range hood, can you let us know how it goes? I also looking at couple AKDY hoods I like but the reviews are mixed. I go for Euro style from GOLDEN VANTAGE same as AKDY company. The price is pretty good in $300 range and free delivery.
Will do. Unfortunately Im buying this way ahead of schedule as my kitchen reno wont happen until Nov :(
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto, ON
HappyValley1 wrote: Did you buy the Sakura B-2A? How was it? I am also looking at this model, it looks stylish and has enough power 780CFM to suck all smell. Would you mine to tell me how much is the best price to buy? Currently Walmart selling for $734 + tax free shipping. Staples has the same price but you can use some coupons to reduce $10 - $20. Thanks.
We didn't end up buying a Sakura. Decided we didn't like the style and look, since it has those weird little oil drip things. Also we wanted something bigger/stronger. Went with a Bosch with 8" duct and 800 cfm. Such a nicer look for a modern kitchen too
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1206 posts
360 upvotes
TORONTO
speedyforme wrote: Will do. Unfortunately Im buying this way ahead of schedule as my kitchen reno wont happen until Nov :(
Is it too early to buy for Nov? What happen if it does not work? It is over 3 months before you can test it. Did you take out of the box and plug in to test it? I will do it end of Aug ad I will post my update. I buy it because it is less than half price of Sakura.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1206 posts
360 upvotes
TORONTO
foodyforlife wrote: We didn't end up buying a Sakura. Decided we didn't like the style and look, since it has those weird little oil drip things. Also we wanted something bigger/stronger. Went with a Bosch with 8" duct and 800 cfm. Such a nicer look for a modern kitchen too
Would you mind share your experience with the Bosch hood? What is the price range? How noise? how it looks? what is the model number so that I can see the picture. Thanks.
Mar 27, 2013
596 posts
103 upvotes
GTA
jackrabbit000 wrote: I'd still go with the Pacific AC 3300 Auto Clean. No issues and we've had ours for over 8 years.
We were looking at Sakura and decided to go with Pacific. For your model, are the suctions more towards the front or back?

I was thinking of getting the Ekolos EP-7000 Pro-Series (part of Pacific), with a baffle filter, but at $899.00, it's pricey!
- It takes more effort to be sarcastic than polite!
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13064 posts
3755 upvotes
HappyValley1 wrote: Is it too early to buy for Nov? What happen if it does not work? It is over 3 months before you can test it. Did you take out of the box and plug in to test it? I will do it end of Aug ad I will post my update. I buy it because it is less than half price of Sakura.
Actually I will take it out and test. Its supposed to arrive tomorrow :)

I will take it out because I think I want to switch out the pitiful LED lights based on the reviews and replace them with better ones prior to install.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
6245 posts
1779 upvotes
My parents has a 15 year old sakura and it still works good. I just got a brand called atzeni? Apparently it's suppose to be good. $900 for it 36"
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13064 posts
3755 upvotes
Just arrived! Came early!

Opened the box, no damage and just needs a wipe. Plugged it in, everything seems to work, different settings, lights actually seem brighter than I thought!

Im very happy so far. Hopefully it lasts and isn't a biatch to install.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto, ON
HappyValley1 wrote: Would you mind share your experience with the Bosch hood? What is the price range? How noise? how it looks? what is the model number so that I can see the picture. Thanks.
Now that I looked at my brochure, it is actually a 30" chimney style. 600cfm with 8" duct. So far is good. Sorta loud at max power but can't complain. It sucks everything out. Got it for $1050 tax in. Not happy with the store I got it from since their service was terrible so I won't share that dtore name. But the Bosch range good is good. Looks good. Work normal. Is a little more pricey but matched out stuff better than the Sakura ugly thinf

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)