• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2021 4:10 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 3, 2017
210 posts
175 upvotes

Sales at IKEA?

Hey everyone, looking to purchase some stuff at IKEA but I'm not in a rush. Do they have sales, and typically when do they happen? I'm trying to find when they've happened on the past but no luck.

I'm looking to grab some bedroom furniture (side tables, shelves, walk in closet). It's a lot of $ at regular price haha.

Thanks,
7 replies
Jan 23, 2020
276 posts
371 upvotes
IKEA uses the wording Bedroom Event / Dining Event / Storage Event and it's typically 15% off. Googling that wording, you may be able to figure out the timing with all of the RFD threads! :)
oogedy boogedy, lets win some shmoogedy
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15084 posts
6637 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I’m still waiting for their Billy bookcases to go on sale this year but they haven’t.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22895 posts
21745 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Sylphrena wrote: IKEA uses the wording Bedroom Event / Dining Event / Storage Event and it's typically 15% off. Googling that wording, you may be able to figure out the timing with all of the RFD threads! :)
This

They also have their annual CLEARANCE EVENT which happens in August (like now)

It’s when they get rid of anything they won’t be carrying into the next Catalogue (which comes out in September)

Downside to IKEA Sales … there’s so much demand for their stuff, that their sales aren’t really big savings … ever

You want a deal … then you pretty much got to keep going to your local store to see what’s in their AS IS Section … or buy used from someon on Kijiji etc
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22895 posts
21745 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
clueless dude wrote: Or go look at their competitor JYSK.
Competitor in name / idea only …
Stuff @ IKEA is definitely better made
[OP]
Jun 3, 2017
210 posts
175 upvotes
Sylphrena wrote: IKEA uses the wording Bedroom Event / Dining Event / Storage Event and it's typically 15% off. Googling that wording, you may be able to figure out the timing with all of the RFD threads! :)
PointsHubby wrote: This

They also have their annual CLEARANCE EVENT which happens in August (like now)

It’s when they get rid of anything they won’t be carrying into the next Catalogue (which comes out in September)

Downside to IKEA Sales … there’s so much demand for their stuff, that their sales aren’t really big savings … ever

You want a deal … then you pretty much got to keep going to your local store to see what’s in their AS IS Section … or buy used from someon on Kijiji etc
Thank you very much :)
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2504 upvotes
Check out the Expired Hot Deals forum to search for past IKEA sale threads.