• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2020 5:08 pm
32 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
1385 posts
116 upvotes
GTA
best bbq pork / roasted pork takeout is from a stall in Dixie Park Mall. I think it's called Dynasty BBQ.
Emerald on Eglinton/Hurontario or Golden Fountain on Eglinton/Creditview are good alternatives.
There is also a Chinese BBQ restaurant in the plaza, 4040 Creditview Rd.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2793 posts
1341 upvotes
Toronto
Ducky wrote: the asian supermarkets have it....

oceans
tnt
btrust
etc...
I find that stuff from the supermarkets don't taste as good as stuff from Sam Woo (or other restaurants for that matter).
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2564 posts
1139 upvotes
ds2chan wrote: I find that stuff from the supermarkets don't taste as good as stuff from Sam Woo (or other restaurants for that matter).
Btrust roast pork is pretty good very tasty for 1/2 the price at Samwoo. For bbq pork Yuan ming is pretty good. Other supermarket are just meh. They also go on sale quite often for 3.99/lb

I never takeout at Restaurant because they are more expensive. BBQ pork is pretty easy to make yourself with store spices. Roast pork is not so easy.
Last edited by xpressmerchant on Feb 4th, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6152 posts
1996 upvotes
Mississauga
ds2chan wrote: I find that stuff from the supermarkets don't taste as good as stuff from Sam Woo (or other restaurants for that matter).
i can't really tell... but even if it is better... is it worth double the price? lol
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9121 posts
3012 upvotes
Mississauga
BBQ take out at Blue Lagoon is the best.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2793 posts
1341 upvotes
Toronto
Ducky wrote: i can't really tell... but even if it is better... is it worth double the price? lol
I ask that myself everytime I get a mouth full of tasty oil.. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

I think for some items the price is worth. I have eaten some cooked meats at T&T. I'm content with T&T food but I get more enjoyment from Sam Woo and Congee Queen. It's the same for T&T sushi. I'm content but some Japanese Sushi places actually taste that much better.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
5163 posts
3452 upvotes
Miss the good old days back in the 90's when there was still a Sam Woo's in downtown Chinatown. It was on the north side of Dundas Street West just east of Spadina Avenue.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11093 posts
5988 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote: Miss the good old days back in the 90's when there was still a Sam Woo's in downtown Chinatown. It was on the north side of Dundas Street West just east of Spadina Avenue.
wow there was one in dt too? Astonished Face
Last edited by Pochacco on Feb 5th, 2020 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Feb 5, 2007
823 posts
402 upvotes
Mississauga
Live beside it. RIP Sam woo. Even though I stopped going long ago cause their food quality went down/ prices went way up. But was an icon growing up
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6152 posts
1996 upvotes
Mississauga
S14_Raven wrote: uGH.. Comparing Sam Woo to supermarket..

It's like Luca Pizza vs Pizza Pizza. Pizza is pizza right?? :facepalm:

If you can't tell the difference.. that's on you
nah... it doesn't vary that much...

it's more like uncle tetsu cheesecake vs the supermarket Japanese cheesecake...lol
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2564 posts
1139 upvotes
S14_Raven wrote: uGH.. Comparing Sam Woo to supermarket..

It's like Luca Pizza vs Pizza Pizza. Pizza is pizza right?? :facepalm:

If you can't tell the difference.. that's on you
No it is not. There are tons of supermarket out there and definitely one will be better than Sam Woo. Pizza Pizza is just one company and it's the same everywhere. I would buy BBQ at Sam Woo for convenience sake if I eat there otherwise I would not pay twice to 3 times the price for BBQ. The only reason they could charge that much because they can but not anymore due to lots of competition now. Does it taste better to justify the price? I don't think so.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4916 posts
3117 upvotes
Milton, ON.
No idea how much Sam Woo pork was, but at BTrust $7.49/lb and looked the same at it looks in Oceans or T&T. Dont know about the taste, have not had it.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2564 posts
1139 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote: No idea how much Sam Woo pork was, but at BTrust $7.49/lb and looked the same at it looks in Oceans or T&T. Dont know about the taste, have not had it.
The roast pork at Btrust is very good. Ocean and T&T not so good (very bland). Yuan Ming is good too. Yuan ming BBQ rib and pork is very tasty.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6152 posts
1996 upvotes
Mississauga
Pochacco wrote: wow there was one in dt too? Astonished Face
i think it was on dundas st... just east of spadina.... North side... you need to walk down the stairs for the entrance...
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4916 posts
3117 upvotes
Milton, ON.
xpressmerchant wrote: The roast pork at Btrust is very good. Ocean and T&T not so good (very bland). Yuan Ming is good too. Yuan ming BBQ rib and pork is very tasty.
Gonna stop by on my way home and grab some. Dinner is ready :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)