SampleSaleGuys Le Parc Thornhill (Leslie and Hwy 7) Winter Parka Sale

Deal Link:
Lots to choose from. Moose Knuckles, Para Jumpers and more

https://www.thesamplesaleguys.com/event ... 2-3-2-2-3/

WINTER PARKA SALE
OCT 10 - 13 2019
THORNHILL, ONTARIO

Thanksgiving Winter Parka Sale

Due the Huge demand. We have increased our inventory.

**OVER 15,000 WINTER PARKA COATS AT UP TO 70% OFF**

Canada Goose, Mackage, Rudsak, Parajumpers, Vegan Jackets, Nobis, Fred Perry, Soia and Kyo,
Save the Duck, North Bear, Arctic North, Laundry, UGG, Versace Sarves and more.

Women / Men / Kids. All sizes available.

OPEN TO THE PUBLIC:

**NO TICKETS REQUIRED**

We accept Visa, Mastercard, Debit, Cash (No Gift Cards)
17 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1289 posts
973 upvotes
North York
Went this morning. There wasn't any men's goose, mackage or nobis whatsoever. Tons of moose knuckles.

Sizes are fantastic if you're xl to xxxl.
Nov 22, 2017
153 posts
176 upvotes
Went there on VIP night (Wendesday 7pm) and only found 2pcs men's Canada Goose. One is Ontario Parka for -30 and the other is thin one for 0-10. Didn't find any women's CG. Not worth the trip at all.
Sep 29, 2019
4 posts
How do you get the vip night access?
I went today, loads of moose knuckles. I did see a few mackages but not theodels I like.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
12155 posts
8895 upvotes
GTA, ON
xblackrainbow wrote: Went this morning. There wasn't any men's goose, mackage or nobis whatsoever. Tons of moose knuckles.

Sizes are fantastic if you're xl to xxxl.
Wow... XXXL!!!

Family sized... 🤣
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9909 posts
4571 upvotes
Toronto
Saw three guys with their coat purchased in a plastic bag.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2356 upvotes
No samplesaleguys threads should be allowed on RFD. Every sale is the same trash. Ridiculously low to zero stock of brands they claim to stock just to get people to go, accusations of selling fakes, shills banned for shilling in samplesaleguys threads.

Just search past threads over the years.
Jul 4, 2017
220 posts
379 upvotes
bombdiggity wrote: No samplesaleguys threads should be allowed on RFD. Every sale is the same trash. Ridiculously low to zero stock of brands they claim to stock just to get people to go, accusations of selling fakes, shills banned for shilling in samplesaleguys threads.

Just search past threads over the years.
Won't justify what shills have done in the past on this board, but after reading the old threads and looking at the evidence, it's unlikely the items are fake. A quick email reply from a company, is not proof. The customer service rep might have taken a minute to look up the authorized supplier list and not see their names. Sample buyers are usually not authorized retailers (hence why they are sample buyers), akin to the guys who buy and sell returned electronics.

To be operating in plain public, with this much inventory as fake, for so many years, the police would've shut them down almost immediately. Someone trying to sell counterfeit DVDs in a chinese mall, get shutdown within months nowadays. A google search for news reports of police action, confiscation, or lawsuits, showed up nothing.

regarding the selection from this weekend's sale: If you are looking for coats, you got tons of coats, but zero canada goose. A surprise was to see some superdry clothing. Yes it can be hit and miss or some styles are off, but there was enough selection that you could find something that fits you. Treat this like a trip to winners - the fun is in the hunt.

regarding the quality: IF - and that's a big IF - these coats were fake, they were the most well-made fakes I've ever seen. Quality and stitching were spot on, and the super warm winter coats, felt like putting on heated bodyarmour. My wife bought a coat and using the online fake identifier, it popped up as authentic.

If you enjoy going to winners to hunt for treasure, it's worth going, even if you don't find anything. If not, stay away. It's A LOT to pick through, and it can be a madhouse.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9909 posts
4571 upvotes
Toronto
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2356 upvotes
michaelthebear wrote: Won't justify what shills have done in the past on this board, but after reading the old threads and looking at the evidence, it's unlikely the items are fake. A quick email reply from a company, is not proof. The customer service rep might have taken a minute to look up the authorized supplier list and not see their names. Sample buyers are usually not authorized retailers (hence why they are sample buyers), akin to the guys who buy and sell returned electronics.

To be operating in plain public, with this much inventory as fake, for so many years, the police would've shut them down almost immediately. Someone trying to sell counterfeit DVDs in a chinese mall, get shutdown within months nowadays. A google search for news reports of police action, confiscation, or lawsuits, showed up nothing.

regarding the selection from this weekend's sale: If you are looking for coats, you got tons of coats, but zero canada goose. A surprise was to see some superdry clothing. Yes it can be hit and miss or some styles are off, but there was enough selection that you could find something that fits you. Treat this like a trip to winners - the fun is in the hunt.

regarding the quality: IF - and that's a big IF - these coats were fake, they were the most well-made fakes I've ever seen. Quality and stitching were spot on, and the super warm winter coats, felt like putting on heated bodyarmour. My wife bought a coat and using the online fake identifier, it popped up as authentic.

If you enjoy going to winners to hunt for treasure, it's worth going, even if you don't find anything. If not, stay away. It's A LOT to pick through, and it can be a madhouse.
People have accused them of selling fakes outside of RFD for years as well (FB, Reddit, IG, etc), so there are a lot of people who are randomly making accusations if they can't tell. Some of these people are the types who should be able to tell because they're very invested in the type of item they claim to be fake (certain brands, handbags, etc). There are always people who get paranoid after buying items from grey market sellers or "sample" sale events, but for samplesaleguys, there's an unusually large amount of accusations of fakes even with that taken into account. Costco and Winners have also been accused of having fakes slip in before, and if true, then it's even less of a stretch to think samplesaleguys could have fakes mixed in with their real items. I personally never thought Costco or Winners sold fakes though, and never thought samplesaleguys did either, though there is always that possibility due to the reasons explained above. I've never examined any of the items people have claimed were fake from any of these places.

As for your claim that police shut down places selling fakes immediately, well I can assure you that is most definitely untrue. I've seen fake items being sold for years at certain stores and they've never been shut down once for selling their fakes. Police do shut down places selling fakes in a high profile counterfeit mall like PMall every so often when they get pushed to do so from certain companies or movie studios but for every bust they make there are hundreds that they didn't bother with being sold at other stores in other malls. There are fakes being sold in PMall that have never been confiscated and those stores have never been shut down before.
Last edited by bombdiggity on Oct 13th, 2019 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Sep 2, 2013
72 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga
I went there on the 10th right when they launched to see what the hype was all about, and here are my takes:

First of all this thing is OVERHYPED!!! and OVERRATED. I didn't know what to expect when I went there but you can expect a damn ZOO.

The line is huge, there is no parking in the damn plaza, so you wait and search around and after 15-20 mins you're lucky enough to get one. You get to the start of the queue to get in, and the line up literally goes all the way around. So by then you've already waste an hour and 15 mins of your life.

You get in there, everythings on the ground and the volunteers/employees can't keep up. Some tags are ripped off so you can only find out at the cash on the system how much the coat is worth (but in order to do so, again LINES AND QUEUES)

From what I see they had RUDSAK, Mackage, Parajumper, Mooseknuckles, Soia and Kyo, The North Bear (tried to look that brand up and all you get is a facebook page...and ont he fb page it links to their dead website).

One thing is, it's definitely was not fake. IF youre ok paying 899 for a Mackage coat then by all mean this place is for you. The RRSP is 1115 at Sporting life and I could tell it was the real thing. That said, I wasn't in the market for those coats with fur (or faux-fur) on the hoodies. More of a P-Coat or something more minimalist and stylish, and if I did happen to find one, my size was not there. Personally, I thought it was a complete waste of time. They sold Superdry and even Gucci scarves at 99.99... and they were really thin.

It was my first and most definitly my LAST time. You're better off going to The Bay to be honest and wait for sales there.
Sep 3, 2019
6 posts
6 upvotes
Definitely not fake. I contacted moose knuckles last year and they told me it was covered by their warranty. The sample sale guys is one of their retailers. You can email them and find out.
Jul 4, 2017
220 posts
379 upvotes
bombdiggity wrote: As for your claim that police shut down places selling fakes immediately, well I can assure you that is most definitely untrue. I've seen fake items being sold for years at certain stores and they've never been shut down once for selling their fakes. Police do shut down places selling fakes in a high profile counterfeit mall like PMall every so often when they get pushed to do so from certain companies or movie studios but for every bust they make there are hundreds that they didn't bother with being sold at other stores in other malls. There are fakes being sold in PMall that have never been confiscated and those stores have never been shut down before.
It's about scale and scope right? I agree that tiny shops selling a few counterfeits are still present, but sampleguys run multi million dollar operations with ton of inventory of designer brands. If the majority of their inventory was fake - as people have accused them of being, and not the random item that slipped through as you pointed out - there would have been arrests by now.

Kal Penn does a great episode about this on Amazon Prime. It's worth a watch.
Dec 9, 2013
127 posts
147 upvotes
Ontario
I don't know about fakes, but these sample sales are always the worst. Big waste of time. Then again, I don't think spending a thousand dollars on a winter jacket makes any logical sense, but that's personal opinion.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42481 posts
6786 upvotes
I’ll stick to my North Face Gotham 3 or McMurdo parka. Keeps me warm enough in winter.
Blanka
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20097 posts
5528 upvotes
Good Morning
Gf bought a Moose Knuckle bomber for 379. She didn't want the fur trim ones which were 699.

It was a zoo in there. 80% of the items were Moose Knuckles, can confirm all the other comments by other posters.
Dec 13, 2014
390 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Half/Quarter if the inventory are fake products. You need to look carefully on the tags and logo. You will be able to tell, they have been doing this for years now.