• Sep 21st, 2021 12:56 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3087 posts
2918 upvotes
Montreal

[Samsung] $100 trade-in credit when trading a smartwatch for New Galaxy Watch 4

$100 off plus free Wireless charger duo and 10% SPC!

Don't forget $10 coupon which you must apply manually from SPC!

Review of Galaxy Watch 4

Images
  • Screenshot_20210811-134848_Samsung Internet.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210812-083454_Gmail.jpg
  • Screenshot_20210812-083216_Gmail.jpg
Last edited by danzerino on Aug 14th, 2021 7:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
Elrondolio wrote:
How to obtain a free Samsung Multistore account. You can currently obtain a free account from Samsung's Multistore that gives you the same discount Perkopolis does. You can also get an essentially free 1 year SPC subscription with the same discount as Samsung's Multistore or Perkopolis if you don't already have an SPC account and want one (student or not).

As an example: either method will get you a Watch 4 Bluetooth 44mm for $232.99 before tax. That includes 10% off from Samsung and and additional $100 trade-in immediate credit (even if you have no real trade-in to send). If you do send in a trade-in with value, an additional cheque will be sent back to you after they receive it. To take advantage of this, see this post:

samsung-100-trade-credit-when-trading-s ... #p34881647
Elrondolio wrote:
Link with step by step instructions to order a Watch 4 with discounts

samsung-100-trade-credit-when-trading-s ... #p34950125
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Direct link for the curious:
https://www.samsung.com/ca/watches/gala ... atch%204-w

For those using SPC, be sure to use the $10 off promo code copied to your clipboard when you click through to Samsung. Also before signing up for new SPC, if you have a CIBC account please check whether you are eligible for a free SPC membership - https://www.cibc.com/en/student/spc.html

The trade-in credit of $100 is what you will see immediately. If your trade-in device was eligible for $$ value, you will receive it as cheque after you mail-in your trade-in device.
Elrondolio wrote:
You do *not* have to send in your trade-in device, even if you received an immediate additional discount ($100 in this case). See the following FAQ from Samsung. All people who have decided not sent in their trade-in have had zero issues keeping the initial discount.

"If you decide after you make your purchase that you do not want to trade in your old device you are welcome to keep it."
https://www.samsung.com/ca/trade-in-program

This has been the way for many years with the Samsung site, from phones to watches and everything in between. The fine print doesn't say anything about clawing back the initial discount (nor do the emails they send you), only that you'll lose the trade-in value of the item if you don't send it in. Having said all that: your mileage may vary as they can change their policy anytime they want.
Elrondolio wrote:
Here are two links to track your order if you ordered from Perkopolis, SPC, etc (each are slightly different). If you didn't order with a 10% discount, use your standard Samsung account to track with.

Perkopolis and other business discount users:
https://shop.samsung.com/ca/multistore/ ... rack-order

SPC, Student Beans and other education discount users.
https://shop.samsung.com/ca/multistore/ ... rack-order

If one doesn't work, try the other. Important: to use these links, once the page loads make sure to click the "TRACK ORDER" tab at the top of that page then put in the Order number and your email address that was sent to you in your order confirmation from Samsung.
Elrondolio wrote:
You can unlock blood pressure and ECG monitoring. Health Canada has not yet approved these features on the Watch 4 here in Canada. You can, however, fully unlock these today.

Dante63 from XDA has unlocked the Samsung Health Monitor app for any Android phone, not just Samsung phones. This, in turn, unlocks blood pressure and ECG monitoring here in Canada on the Watch 4 (does so worldwide). The procedure is pretty simple, see this post for description, link and video:

samsung-100-trade-credit-when-trading-s ... #p34889737

Here's a post with a bit more info on installing the unlock without a PC:
samsung-100-trade-credit-when-trading-s ... #p34948875

Here's the direct link to Dante's XDA thread:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rest ... 1.4322527/
Elrondolio wrote:
Watch 4 capabilities, apps and features:

Here's a somewhat detailed, but not exhaustive, post outlining the useful capabilities, apps and features available on the Watch 4:

samsung-100-trade-credit-when-trading-s ... #p34958944
Elrondolio wrote:
Quick Start Guide, Warranty and User Manual downloads in PDF:

Galaxy Watch 4, Watch 4 Classic Quick Start Guide & Terms and Conditions / Warranty (2 pgs, 402 KB):
https://manualsfile.com/download/pj14h0yee5/0.html

Galaxy Watch 4, Watch 4 Classic User Manual (76 pgs, 4.61 MB):
https://manualsfile.com/product/pj14h0yee5.html
3394 replies
Jul 23, 2020
56 posts
90 upvotes
I wonder WT* is happening that up to this date Samsung hasn't released the ECG feature for the old Active 2 watches in Canada. I noticed that on the Watch4 and Watch4 Classic pages, here in Canada, they're not mentioning ECG like they did with the Active 2.
Lots of people asked Samsung for status update on the supposed approval by Heath Canada so that they would release the ECG feature here but the company always gave a generic answer. That sucks a LOT, I truly hope to hear there's a way to know if Samsung actually applied to get approval to release the ECG feature in Canada and the actual status of it.

FYI, if you return an Active 2 44mm watch Samsung will give you a cash-back of $86 + the $100 discount on top of the Watch4 price, so it's actually a good deal considering, in the end, you're getting a discount of $100*tax + $86 on top of the watch price. It can also be applied on top of the 10% discount available through Perkopolis.

The only thing that holds me from getting it is the ECG feature that Samsung shamefully hasn't released here although the Active 2 watch was released 2 years ago.

PS: yes, there're means of enabling the feature on Active 2 watches in Canada if you install a specific app on your phone and watch, but it's a PITA that apparently you need to do that every time the watch firmware is updated. Samsung is the one who should fix this given they advertised the feature when they released the watch here.
Mar 7, 2005
12 posts
3 upvotes
For some reason the trade-in value of my old watch doesn't appear on my total. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm not quite sure how this whole trade-in program works as well, does the price charged get adjusted after I send in the old watch?
Dec 30, 2017
250 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
thecoolmoose wrote: I wonder WT* is happening that up to this date Samsung hasn't released the ECG feature for the old Active 2 watches in Canada. I noticed that on the Watch4 and Watch4 Classic pages, here in Canada, they're not mentioning ECG like they did with the Active 2.
Lots of people asked Samsung for status update on the supposed approval by Heath Canada so that they would release the ECG feature here but the company always gave a generic answer. That sucks a LOT, I truly hope to hear there's a way to know if Samsung actually applied to get approval to release the ECG feature in Canada and the actual status of it.

FYI, if you return an Active 2 44mm watch Samsung will give you a cash-back of $86 + the $100 discount on top of the Watch4 price, so it's actually a good deal considering, in the end, you're getting a discount of $100*tax + $86 on top of the watch price. It can also be applied on top of the 10% discount available through Perkopolis.

The only thing that holds me from getting it is the ECG feature that Samsung shamefully hasn't released here although the Active 2 watch was released 2 years ago.

PS: yes, there're means of enabling the feature on Active 2 watches in Canada if you install a specific app on your phone and watch, but it's a PITA that apparently you need to do that every time the watch firmware is updated. Samsung is the one who should fix this given they advertised the feature when they released the watch here.

Wait how would I get 86$ back if I have active 2

edit : and trading that in?
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1879 posts
595 upvotes
Toronto
where do i get more information about this? I have a gear fit 2 does that qualify?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1633 posts
1650 upvotes
I keep getting a We're sorry, an error occurred. when I try to enter in my serial number
Jul 15, 2010
271 posts
520 upvotes
Vancouver
Ya tried to enter in my fossil watch as a trade in to see how much it would cost, but no avail.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1600 posts
1253 upvotes
Toronto
Do Google Pay and Google Assistant work on the Galaxy Watch 4?
Dec 30, 2017
250 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
yesnomaybe wrote: Do Google Pay and Google Assistant work on the Galaxy Watch 4?
Assistant will not be available at launch but in future will be. Gpay will work out of the box
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1517 posts
451 upvotes
Also getting an error with the original watch active ... will try again later.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1895 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone trading up from a Galaxy Watch? Worth it?
May 19, 2015
29 posts
141 upvotes
Certainly seems like the Trade-In system is currently down. Other than that seems like a great deal! Thanks, OP.

-- Edit, took a few tries but eventually went through!
Last edited by RussellL083 on Aug 11th, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 29, 2002
375 posts
194 upvotes
Same thing for me
Heatware: sandrasagra :D

FS [TORONTO ONLY] - PMBOK 4TH EDITION $50
Feb 26, 2012
230 posts
78 upvotes
Edmonton
Would a Fitbit Versa 2 normally qualify for something like this?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
7327 posts
6290 upvotes
Toronto
generaltao99 wrote: Anyone trading up from a Galaxy Watch? Worth it?
I have a LTE Galaxy Watch... Definitely considering it.
Nov 4, 2018
53 posts
110 upvotes
Im not sure if its any watch, i tried universal watch and it says $0. Was planning on trading in a fitbit.

I have a galaxy watch 46mm, Its become too bulky for my liking and was going to trade up. it gives me $76 back for that, but cant get any discounts on a fitbit?
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1600 posts
1253 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like Fossil will be releasing Gen 6 soon. I wonder which one will be better...
Sep 10, 2008
84 posts
101 upvotes
Calgary
Pre-ordering on Samsung,ca's website seems to net you a free wireless charger.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21141 posts
25101 upvotes
I have a 45mm/46mm Watch3. I'm hopefully they'll accept my watch even if it might have a retail-mode OS.

I'm hopeful.
Mar 7, 2005
12 posts
3 upvotes
So does the trade-in value come back later? like I get the $100 discount and then samsung sends me a cheque for the trade-in later?

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 4 guests)

brarO3, grca73, AccioSwagio, eejit100