ENERGY STAR Qualified: No

Stand/Mount Features
Tilt Adjustment: Yes
Swivel Adjustment: No
Height Adjustment: No
VESA Mountable: Yes
VESA Sizes Supported: 100 x 100
Thread Summary
If you're shopping for a new screen, take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best computer monitors!
39 replies
Jan 13, 2013
666 posts
912 upvotes
Saguenay, QC
Upvoted.

No time machine but paid $299 for it in March 2021 and absolutely love it for my use, which is almost never as a computer lol but the features makes it perfect for a recreational use for the kids & wife. They can put Netflix Disney Plex etc and she can use Dex with her S7. All of this without any cable other than power. I sometimes use it with USB-C for my laptop (PD + video + usb hub).

I also own the 43" version which is my main monitor for work/coding. Very poor color and brightness but for coding I don't mind. I have a 100% P3 LG 27" 4k installed vertically next to it, the quality difference is outrageous, but the monitor is also $800 Face With Tears Of Joy
May 15, 2020
28 posts
84 upvotes
tempting.
i bought the 43' m7 and its great. i debated buying the 32' m5 version that was on sale for 250$ on amazon but wasnt sure whether i need the 4k vs 1080p.

altho one pet peeve that i have is that the remote control signal shares the same as other samsung tvs (and google tv products); so when i turn one of them on, they all turn on/off.
May 20, 2011
197 posts
320 upvotes
CALGARY
orditeck wrote: Upvoted.

No time machine but paid $299 for it in March 2021 and absolutely love it for my use, which is almost never as a computer lol but the features makes it perfect for a recreational use for the kids & wife. They can put Netflix Disney Plex etc and she can use Dex with her S7. All of this without any cable other than power. I sometimes use it with USB-C for my laptop (PD + video + usb hub).

I also own the 43" version which is my main monitor for work/coding. Very poor color and brightness but for coding I don't mind. I have a 100% P3 LG 27" 4k installed vertically next to it, the quality difference is outrageous, but the monitor is also $800 Face With Tears Of Joy
This. Also got it for $299 way back when. Another "problem" with it seems to be trying to get Bluetooth devices connected to it reliably. Sometimes it gets confused and just won't connect. Once it connects it's perfect though. I think a recent software update may have made this a little better, but not really sure. Still happens once in a while.
Jan 13, 2013
666 posts
912 upvotes
Saguenay, QC
destrod wrote: tempting.
i bought the 43' m7 and its great. i debated buying the 32' m5 version that was on sale for 250$ on amazon but wasnt sure whether i need the 4k vs 1080p.

altho one pet peeve that i have is that the remote control signal shares the same as other samsung tvs (and google tv products); so when i turn one of them on, they all turn on/off.
Same haha! I have two and have to hide the other one's IR receiver when I power on/off Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Mar 12, 2014
130 posts
109 upvotes
Markham
Bought one 299 with small defect.
Called Amazon and got 75 back. Overall, happy with the purchase. Good contrast. Deep black.
Jun 21, 2012
385 posts
215 upvotes
Montreal
I was interested until I read reviews mentionning it's very dim.
Oct 15, 2020
227 posts
561 upvotes
montreal, QC
Do not risk buying the PO junk .
Had a terrible experience June/July 2021.
What you heard about the poor QA is real.
Sent it in for repairs then cancelled and asked for it to be returned and they broke it even more.

Before RMA : last two photos.
After cancelling the RMA after reading about the company doing it (hint: in Mississauga): first photo
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by jonleo on Jan 2nd, 2022 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: timing
Is this thing on?
Sep 21, 2019
624 posts
436 upvotes
250 seems super dim, I guess it's for people who works in the dark.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11450 posts
6631 upvotes
Paris
Kagaho wrote: 250 seems super dim, I guess it's for people who works in the dark.
I bought one. Love it for work stuff like spreadsheets. Use it for very lite gaming as Im mostly console. Would buy again.
Sep 21, 2019
624 posts
436 upvotes
Cheaper by $1 at amazon.ca right now, lowest price on amazon was 298. Will wait for that. Also want to try 250 brightness and amazon probably has easier return than Samsung.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6839 posts
3360 upvotes
Debtario
So this is a TV without a TV tuner, a monitor with some smart TV functions for displaying web content?

Sounds like trash. I had a samsung hybrid tv/monitor from an RFD deal back in 2012 and the thing died just 2 months outside the warranty period. Never again.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1139 posts
686 upvotes
SASKATOON
I have two, also bought it at 299. I would get another if they also had DisplayPort. I have integrated into graphics for my work laptop so It can only handle 2 monitors with HDMI or usb c.. If they had display port I could do 3 monitors. Something to think about depending on your set up.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1075 posts
686 upvotes
Please tell me this isn't the prelude to manufacturers installing "smart" apps into monitors to gather people's data.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2003
1441 posts
146 upvotes
+1 for this monitor - I also bought it for $299 and love it (my wife didn't like it though, so we bought her a Dell 27" 2k monitor). Also the 43" is on sale for $499. It is one year newer, has hdmi-arc and the better remote. USB-C is a nice plus, it makes it easy to plug in a Samsung phone or tablet with Dex / laptops. Lots of great features, but it won't be as good picture quality as a nice monitor.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/monitors/sma ... m702unxza/
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
2360 posts
1603 upvotes
I use this in my bedroom.

Its bright enough for me (possibly too bright for my lighting)

I didn't have any issues with mine, but QA issues seem to be common with this unit.

The smart features come with pretty invasive TOCs (but this might be the norm?) , and while it doesn't seem intended, is it possible to use remote desktop while the internet is disabled.

The other smart features all require internet access (include Samsung Dex)
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2370 posts
1586 upvotes
Kitchener
M1K3Z0R wrote: So this is a TV without a TV tuner, a monitor with some smart TV functions for displaying web content?

Sounds like trash. I had a samsung hybrid tv/monitor from an RFD deal back in 2012 and the thing died just 2 months outside the warranty period. Never again.
A tv tuner? 2012?
Nov 16, 2015
684 posts
1377 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jonleo wrote: Do not risk buying the PO junk .
Had a terrible experience June/July 2021.
What you heard about the poor QA is real.
Sent it in for repairs then cancelled and asked for it to be returned and they broke it even more.

Before RMA : last two photos.
After cancelling the RMA after reading about the company doing it (hint: in Mississauga): first photo
Had something similar happen with a Samsung phone under warranty. They didn’t fix it and it came back worse then before.