Samsung

32” M7 Smart Monitor UHD/4k VA 350$

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2022 8:44 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
9471 posts
2954 upvotes
If I was to buy a new monitor in 2022, I think HDR would be one of the feature I would want to have. I don't believe this one does
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Mar 2, 2015
421 posts
997 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Note this monitor is a VA panel and quite dim. Great for a TV, not so great for a computer/work monitor. Just my thoughts having purchased and returned back in March.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1010 posts
1095 upvotes
"Dim" isn't necessarily a bad thing for regular computer use imo...a lot easier on the eyes when you are only 2 feet in front of it.
Nov 25, 2021
110 posts
112 upvotes
MonsieurX wrote: Brightness: 250 cd/m²
Guess that explains why it's being discounted. That might be one the worst brightness levels I've ever seen on a monitor or a TV.
May 22, 2014
198 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have this monitor I bought used on Facebook and I’ve loved it since for $350 you won’t find a Monitor that’s 4K and comes with important features like airplay, tv apps & remote. Even though the panel is a little on the lower end side it makes up with the convenience of having usb c pd so that my m1 MacBook Air can seamlessly connect and charge at the same time with one cable. Highly recommended.

Note for HomeKit users: I was able to add this monitor to HomeKit via homebridge (since it runs off of Samsung Tizen OS) so that now I can control the volume, on, off, and inputs all from either iPhones tv remote feature or HomeKit.
Last edited by davidguy on Jan 2nd, 2022 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 31, 2015
805 posts
192 upvotes
How does this compare to Dell 32 Curved 4K UHD Monitor - S3221QS?

I recently got the Dell and I don’t get why it’s so blurry. It’s hurting my eyes. Could it be my USB-C to HDMI cable that is causing the issue? I thought 4K would be super sharp for text and excel etc.
May 22, 2014
198 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto, ON
herculesmaxpower wrote: How does this compare to Dell 32 Curved 4K UHD Monitor - S3221QS?

I recently got the Dell and I don’t get why it’s so blurry. It’s hurting my eyes. Could it be my USB-C to HDMI cable that is causing the issue? I thought 4K would be super sharp for text and excel etc.
It could be the adapter, scaling settings, resolution etc. sometimes the cheap usbc to hdmi adapter won’t have enough bandwidth to properly display true 4K. I learned this the hard way.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5049 posts
4304 upvotes
Vancouver
Kagaho wrote: 250 seems super dim, I guess it's for people who works in the dark.
This is a TV disguised as a monitor.
Dec 31, 2015
805 posts
192 upvotes
davidguy wrote: It could be the adapter, scaling settings, resolution etc. sometimes the cheap usbc to hdmi adapter won’t have enough bandwidth to properly display true 4K. I learned this the hard way.
Any good ones you recommend? Thanks
Sep 2, 2008
203 posts
118 upvotes
Anyone else got a random flickering issue on this monitor with video over its USB-C connection after its been on for a long time. It happens once or twice a week and sometimes it doesn't even reconnect to the laptop until a reboot.
Other than this issue I'm happy with this monitor after 6 months.
Feb 4, 2014
196 posts
142 upvotes
Edmonton
I dig the idea of TV/monitor. Use it as a TV for much better picture quality in streaming services (4K 10bit HDR on TV vs 720p/1080p 8bit SDR on PC) and as a monitor for everything else. However, I'd rather get a used Q50R or the new Q60A 32" ($500 on Amazon) for that purpose.
Aug 27, 2011
438 posts
1223 upvotes
Newmarket
I think this is a good monitor and would be a great deal for $299. At $350, I think it would be worth the extra $70’ish to get the LG 32UN650-W when is on sale or in stock again. It is also 4K, 32”, 5ms, 350 cd/m2, built in speaker (kinda useless) but has IPS panel.
Dec 22, 2010
567 posts
480 upvotes
Ontario
BabyYoda wrote: I think this is a good monitor and would be a great deal for $299. At $350, I think it would be worth the extra $70’ish to get the LG 32UN650-W when is on sale or in stock again. It is also 4K, 32”, 5ms, 350 cd/m2, built in speaker (kinda useless) but has IPS panel.
No offense, but this looks like a message I get from people on kijiji. It's uncanny. lol They always want to lower the price that is already lowest, and explain this and that for reason.
Aug 25, 2013
367 posts
434 upvotes
Got it at $299, it is OK, I guess. BUT quality control is hit or miss - def inspect the unit thoroughly. Had to go through 3 to finally get one that was decent/not broken. The first one had a chipped lower-left corner. The second one's panel at the bottom was not shut properly and the cables were sticking out. 3rd one (right now) has a few dead pixels but I accepted it anyway. See people's experiences: amazon-ca-samsung-32-inch-m7-smart-moni ... 9-2450635/
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5049 posts
4304 upvotes
Vancouver
Really seems to be an instance of getting what you pay for. If you only have room for one monitor on your desk, this probably isn’t it.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2005
1814 posts
1403 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
No display port? Won't work with my older graphics card since it can only output [email protected] on DP. Not sure I need a smart display that is going to be connected to my PC.
Mar 26, 2013
242 posts
178 upvotes
Twin Peaks
Not THAT smart, weak specs and it doesn't even run portable from USB or 12v power, weak tea...
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
3069 posts
1213 upvotes
Windsor
herculesmaxpower wrote: How does this compare to Dell 32 Curved 4K UHD Monitor - S3221QS?

I'd definitely look there, especially if it is from Amazon.

Go to "Display Settings" (or whatever your OS calls it) and see what resolution your computer thinks it is outputting to the monitor. Also go through the settings to find refresh rate (in Windows 11 it's called "Advanced Display") and see if THAT matches what the monitor wants.

4k is about 2k better than your eyes can see, so it should be super crisp.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
Jun 19, 2020
24 posts
38 upvotes
I have a 32" 2.7k 165hz gaming monitor that alot brighter than this for $350 no tax ;) dm for more info!

Model is G32QC.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)