Expired Hot Deals

Samsung 49" VA Curved Ultra Widescreen QLED HDR Gaming Monitors 3840 X 1080 [$1000] 5120 x1440 [$1250]

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2020 2:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6409 upvotes

Samsung 49" VA Curved Ultra Widescreen QLED HDR Gaming Monitors 3840 X 1080 [$1000] 5120 x1440 [$1250]

1080 version @ Canada computers for $1000
https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=112011

Been a bit cheaper before, but if you PM it gets pretty close to the all time low.

$946~ if you PM Visions
https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/3 ... HG90DMNXZA

Update:

Looks like the 1440 model is on sale now @ bestbuy for $1249
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sa ... a/13607591

This is also cheaper if you PM visions but its only sold in stores.
Last edited by kimwoobingsu on Aug 18th, 2020 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
25 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6409 upvotes
Does anyone know if these use HDMI 2.1?
I tried googling, but couldn't find anything, I know ots mostly a TV thing so far.
Sr. Member
Jun 10, 2011
718 posts
686 upvotes
1 x HDMI 2.0 | 2 x DisplayPort 1.4

kimwoobingsu wrote: Does anyone know if these use HDMI 2.1?
I tried googling, but couldn't find anything, I know ots mostly a TV thing so far.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2005
3482 posts
1047 upvotes
Mars
except VA, very tempting for its size at this price. any cons?
Sr. Member
Jun 10, 2011
718 posts
686 upvotes
1080P on a 49" that a huge con!!!
go with with the 5440x1440!
forgetpwd wrote: except VA, very tempting for its size at this price. any cons?
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2516 posts
1483 upvotes
Markham
the 1 year warranty really bugs me...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2005
3482 posts
1047 upvotes
Mars
sobig wrote: 1080P on a 49" that a huge con!!!
go with with the 5440x1440!
yeah, i would go with this one. but "andyyuen" is right, the 1-year warranty bugs me too.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2003
1332 posts
525 upvotes
Get a 43" 4k instead of this
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2005
3482 posts
1047 upvotes
Mars
JustinZ wrote: Get a 43" 4k instead of this
which one, dell or lenovo, how much?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5508 posts
3627 upvotes
Toronto
sobig wrote: 1080P on a 49" that a huge con!!!
go with with the 5440x1440!
The size is kinda misleading because of aspect ratio. It's basically two 27" monitors side by side. While I personally think 1080p sucks at 27", some people seem to be fine with it. Then again if one is spending $1000k on a monitor, what's another $250 lol.
Member
Sep 1, 2008
267 posts
147 upvotes
andyyuen wrote: the 1 year warranty really bugs me...
I managed to get a 5 year warranty (1 + 4) from best buy for $200. A no-brainer for such an expensive monitor.
Sr. Member
Jun 10, 2011
718 posts
686 upvotes
depend how you use it, You can use it as a single 32:9 monitor, most Games support it and look amazing in that resolution.
I've purchased the 5440x1440 about a years ago and even with a I9-9900KF and a 2080ti in most game I cannot achieve the maximum fps the monitor can handle.
I often use it in picture by picture when the game is too demanding 21:9/11:9
Really love the monitor, I don't regret it.
Jep4444 wrote: The size is kinda misleading because of aspect ratio. It's basically two 27" monitors side by side. While I personally think 1080p sucks at 27", some people seem to be fine with it. Then again if one is spending $1000k on a monitor, what's another $250 lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
3805 posts
3835 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
forgetpwd wrote: which one, dell or lenovo, how much?
Not sure which Lenovo you mean, the 43"s on their website arent 4k, its an ultra wide like this, just less wide.

The Dell 43" is 4k and is a TV type of aspect ratio, lots of height. Dell makes great monitors, there's a reason so many companies use them.

My boss has the 49" Dell and I'm not a fan (it's too little height for the work I do), I'd much rather have a 32" and a 27" side by side.
Sr. Member
Nov 28, 2010
578 posts
354 upvotes
FYI amazon has the QHD version at 1250 $ of it with available 0% interest free if you're into that kind of thing...

I myself is REALLY tempted to get this as I believe this would be a great fit for my racing sim.
Jr. Member
Dec 17, 2006
151 posts
54 upvotes
Brampton
slitcher wrote: FYI amazon has the QHD version at 1250 $ of it with available 0% interest free if you're into that kind of thing...

I myself is REALLY tempted to get this as I believe this would be a great fit for my racing sim.
I have it and it is great. I don't play many games on it but the most ideal type of game would be a racing sim. I got it from visions when it went on sale there but I would have done the 0% deal at amazon if it was a choice.
Member
Sep 10, 2006
360 posts
199 upvotes
I'm curious what the differences are between one of these monitors and my QLED Samsung 55" TV that has a 120hz refresh. Other than resolution or widescreen, etc.
Member
Sep 1, 2008
267 posts
147 upvotes
mezzanine wrote: I'm curious what the differences are between one of these monitors and my QLED Samsung 55" TV that has a 120hz refresh. Other than resolution or widescreen, etc.
DisplayPort and the exotic aspect ratio / form factor. Other than that the TV has better HDR because of FALD.
Member
User avatar
Jan 25, 2007
377 posts
192 upvotes
Whitby
I bought this last week and returned it yesterday. It's really immersive and makes quite the statement on your desk, but I found the aspect ratio to be a little annoying (not tall enough) and the image quality not all that great IMO compared to my 75" Q80R.

I'm going to wait it out for the LG 48" CX OLED that's supposed to come out in Canada towards the end of October. I know there were rumours that it's release was cancelled here, but a few sites including Best Buy and Gibby's have it up for preorder. Hopefully I can snag one with price protection during the holiday season.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5508 posts
3627 upvotes
Toronto
sobig wrote: depend how you use it, You can use it as a single 32:9 monitor, most Games support it and look amazing in that resolution.
I've purchased the 5440x1440 about a years ago and even with a I9-9900KF and a 2080ti in most game I cannot achieve the maximum fps the monitor can handle.
I often use it in picture by picture when the game is too demanding 21:9/11:9
Really love the monitor, I don't regret it.
I wasn't criticizing the form factor, I was just commenting on the relative pixel density using form factors users tend to be more familiar with.
Newbie
May 19, 2011
23 posts
46 upvotes
AJAX
slitcher wrote: FYI amazon has the QHD version at 1250 $ of it with available 0% interest free if you're into that kind of thing...

I myself is REALLY tempted to get this as I believe this would be a great fit for my racing sim.
For those that worry about the 1 yr warranty - you can purchase the Amazon 4 year warranty for $110. I think this is very good value for the purchase price of the monitor as it is no question asked replacement.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)