None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2285 posts
809 upvotes
Ontario

Samsung Authorized Repair Shop Fake Reviews

I'm planning on taking my TD bank promo Galaxy Tab A device to a repair shop to fix the weak wifi card (gets very low download speeds when other devices get normal speed).

I contacted samsung and they confirmed it is still under warranty. So now after looking at two repair shops..I realized one is poor service if something goes wrong and the other has fake reviews.

CPR Cell Phone Repair: This one has free diagnoses which is nice but reviews are obviously fake. So many reviewers gave 5 stars/have professional model display pics/also gave reviews for Moving companies. There's 1 person who gave reviews in toronto, vancoucer, cali, texas. I doubt so many ppl moved and visited this repair shop. Fake reviewers are disgusting scums.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=cpr+repa ... 0b281abf,1,,

TechKnow Space: Looked reasonable until you find out there's $40 fee to diagnose and reviews are poor as well. Best parts are the condescending comments by the company, even threatening to sue the review for slander lol. Looks like if I have a bad experience here there is no help.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=tech+rep ... e8dc6998,1,,

So for the sake of true reviews, I trust RFDers. Does anyone have experience with a Samsung Authorized repair shop in GTA or the two above? Thanks
14 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2285 posts
809 upvotes
Ontario
Nvm this is all avoided by free shipping to Samsung service centre.

No dealing with shady repair shops
Oct 8, 2006
61 posts
5 upvotes
I have used the Samsung walk in on Rodeo Dr. Dropped it off, did some shopping and picked it up a couple hours later all repaired. I was pretty impressed. Gets busy so try to get there early.
Feb 16, 2014
737 posts
168 upvotes
London
Samsung has very special way to deal with customers.If your device is under warranty,no doubt to get the service.If out of it,they usually make excuse to fix your device,even you offer paying for their service!My four year old cellphone needed fixing,but they said they no longer repair it!The fun part is that if you buy your device from States,they also refuse to fix it even you again offer to pay for it!

That is like how they support their devices.If your device is more than three years old,it barely upgradable to new Android! I have Samsung tablet,cellphone,and smart watch,but I don't like this manner of customer service at all.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2683 upvotes
Vancouver
The chances of fixing "weak WiFi" are probably slim to none. At best Samsung might give you a refurb replacement, but the hassle of dealing with these third-party "authorized" repair shops probably isn't worth it. If you do decide to try, come back and post your experience.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1299 posts
770 upvotes
Waterloo
I can only speak for my experience at the CPR in Waterloo but they fixed my Samsung S5 no problem the one time I had to go for warranty work with no hassles.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2285 posts
809 upvotes
Ontario
JamesA1 wrote: The chances of fixing "weak WiFi" are probably slim to none. At best Samsung might give you a refurb replacement, but the hassle of dealing with these third-party "authorized" repair shops probably isn't worth it. If you do decide to try, come back and post your experience.
I just figured the service centre I sent the tablet to for repair is just another authorized repair shop - future tel

The reviews are horrible, so I'm kicking my self for having just sent it in the mail. Their website looks legit and professional with many big telecom clients.

Speaking with Samsung chat online, gave me some comfort I can contact them should the repair shop goes rouge. Hopefully Samsung won't be a hassle to deal with to get it fixed.

But yea, Samsung authorized repair shops all 3 I've researched are very worrisome. Based off reviews there is very little assurance of quality work and service. Makes you wonder wth Samsung is doing to pick these authorized dealers.
Oct 18, 2005
413 posts
156 upvotes
Dynasty12345 wrote: I just figured the service centre I sent the tablet to for repair is just another authorized repair shop - future tel

The reviews are horrible, so I'm kicking my self for having just sent it in the mail. Their website looks legit and professional with many big telecom clients.

Speaking with Samsung chat online, gave me some comfort I can contact them should the repair shop goes rouge. Hopefully Samsung won't be a hassle to deal with to get it fixed.

But yea, Samsung authorized repair shops all 3 I've researched are very worrisome. Based off reviews there is very little assurance of quality work and service. Makes you wonder wth Samsung is doing to pick these authorized dealers.
I hope your repair goes smoothly because I have all sorts of issues with Samsung service. I opened a warranty ticket to have my tablet repair beginning of March, they emailed me a UPS label to send the unit to Quebec for repair. I sent it to the address on the label and 3 weeks went by with no update. I called Samsung support and they told the unit got shipped to futuretel and gave me the ticket#. I called futuretel and they want $200 for the repair and they don't have my warranty details. They gave me a direct number with new ticket# and asked me to tell Samsung to call them (complete BS). I called Samsung back and escalate my tickets and waiting in limbo. Its been 6 weeks now and it suppose to take one week for it to be repair and send back.Now I just want to get my table back.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2285 posts
809 upvotes
Ontario
ctc027 wrote: I hope your repair goes smoothly because I have all sorts of issues with Samsung service. I opened a warranty ticket to have my tablet repair beginning of March, they emailed me a UPS label to send the unit to Quebec for repair. I sent it to the address on the label and 3 weeks went by with no update. I called Samsung support and they told the unit got shipped to futuretel and gave me the ticket#. I called futuretel and they want $200 for the repair and they don't have my warranty details. They gave me a direct number with new ticket# and asked me to tell Samsung to call them (complete BS). I called Samsung back and escalate my tickets and waiting in limbo. Its been 6 weeks now and it suppose to take one week for it to be repair and send back.Now I just want to get my table back.
That is a nightmare. I honestly think I just f-ed up by shipping to future tel.

I will follow up with both companies. Please let me know how it goes

There is also an 'email to ceo' option on Samsung support site. Maybe you can try that as well? This is absolutely unacceptable practice. Best of luck to you
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
11645 posts
3329 upvotes
Ontario
So I worked for CPR Cell phone repair for a few years and just recently left. Those reviews that you saw from different locations can actually be real.

CPR is very big in the USA and they recently (a few years) have expanded to Canada. Also our CPR store have had a person mail a phone for repair from somewhere else in Canada, infact it was a RFD user and I recommended them mail it in to us for repair. Our store at least offers mail in service so having reviews from outside of Ontario is very possible.

So I think you are incorrect when it comes to these reviews, now mind you could 1 or 2 be fake? its very possible, many companies have fake reviews however most of them are probably legit.

Dynasty12345 wrote: I'm planning on taking my TD bank promo Galaxy Tab A device to a repair shop to fix the weak wifi card (gets very low download speeds when other devices get normal speed).

I contacted samsung and they confirmed it is still under warranty. So now after looking at two repair shops..I realized one is poor service if something goes wrong and the other has fake reviews.

CPR Cell Phone Repair: This one has free diagnoses which is nice but reviews are obviously fake. So many reviewers gave 5 stars/have professional model display pics/also gave reviews for Moving companies. There's 1 person who gave reviews in toronto, vancoucer, cali, texas. I doubt so many ppl moved and visited this repair shop. Fake reviewers are disgusting scums.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=cpr+repa ... 0b281abf,1,,

TechKnow Space: Looked reasonable until you find out there's $40 fee to diagnose and reviews are poor as well. Best parts are the condescending comments by the company, even threatening to sue the review for slander lol. Looks like if I have a bad experience here there is no help.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=tech+rep ... e8dc6998,1,,

So for the sake of true reviews, I trust RFDers. Does anyone have experience with a Samsung Authorized repair shop in GTA or the two above? Thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2285 posts
809 upvotes
Ontario
Future tel scums won't pick up phone. All you get is this beeping sound.

Contacting Samsung to get these scums in line. Not gonna wait and play games.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
11645 posts
3329 upvotes
Ontario
Should of gone with CPR you would of had your phone back by now.
Dynasty12345 wrote: Future tel scums won't pick up phone. All you get is this beeping sound.

Contacting Samsung to get these scums in line. Not gonna wait and play games.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29354 posts
9941 upvotes
ctc027 wrote: I hope your repair goes smoothly because I have all sorts of issues with Samsung service. I opened a warranty ticket to have my tablet repair beginning of March, they emailed me a UPS label to send the unit to Quebec for repair. I sent it to the address on the label and 3 weeks went by with no update. I called Samsung support and they told the unit got shipped to futuretel and gave me the ticket#. I called futuretel and they want $200 for the repair and they don't have my warranty details. They gave me a direct number with new ticket# and asked me to tell Samsung to call them (complete BS). I called Samsung back and escalate my tickets and waiting in limbo. Its been 6 weeks now and it suppose to take one week for it to be repair and send back.Now I just want to get my table back.
This is standard Samsung "warranty". Hence why I don't usually ever buy anything Samsung. There's tons of similar stories online from computer products, to CE gear, to appliances. I usually tell people "Samsung's warranty ain't worth the paper it's written on." They may make some good stuff, but if it fails? Good luck. Samsung will pretend like they don't know you and have no idea what you're talking about...usually after you've sent your thing in for repair LOL.

I remember there was a huge thread back some years ago on AVS where one guy had sent his large TV back to them and it was a total nightmare that went on for a year or more. They kept denying they even had the TV, despite the fact that he could see it was delivered/signed for from FedEx (or however he shipped it). Eventually he tracked down the TV but it was busted up physically and in much worse shape than he sent it in. I think at the end of it all Samsung either gave him money or a discount on a new product but I don't remember now. Whichever way you slice it I'm pretty sure that guy never bought Samsung again.

Looks like the exact same thing is happening to you. With any luck you'll get your tablet back in 6-8 months, and it will be broken worse than you sent it to them LOL. Trust me, don't buy Samsung no matter how good a product it looks to be.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2285 posts
809 upvotes
Ontario
Just update on my experience...TL;DR DO NOT trust FutureTel or Samsung. You'll be in for a headache. PLEASE listen to this post and dont ship anything to them!

I originally sent in my device for repair for wifi repair. Still under samsung warranty - confirmed by samsung.

After shipping it, I get an email 1 week later from FutureTel confirming it is fixed and they asked to where to ship it to (sounds great but wait....)

The next week I get a call from them saying I owe $200+ to fixed the repair. (Lol what? I might as well get a new device.) I told them I got an email confirming it was fixed and was under warranty.

They hang up and then email me the next day saying that my device was bent and therefore voids warranty. LOL these scums changed their story when finding out it was under warranty. I packed the device very securely with bubble wrap and a strong box. No way that it's bent by me or the delivery. If video taped myself packing the device I swear law suit was in order - since they obviously lied to get more money

Anyways I had to call samsung which wasnt much help. The Executive customer relation with Samsung said he's not sure what caused the bent even after telling him that it only could have been bent under FutureTel's care. The guy's tells me he's no engineer so cant tell me if its bent or not....It doesnt take a genius to figure out FutureTel changed the story to profit. He actually told me to ask for the tablet back at this point if I dont want FutureTel to work on it. FutureTel would have sent the device back bent if that was the case. Anyways I eventually got someone at samsung to contact FutureTel and get them to fix my device after hours on the phone.

The device comes back no indication of it being bent at all or even on the repair report. FutureTel obviously lied that it was bent to void my warranty and make me pay up.

Overall that was a stressful experience between FutureTel's lie and Samsung lack of care. The two are obviously working together or FutureTel is scamming people with fake void warranty.

If you ship to FutureTel VIDEO EVERYTHING.
Feb 16, 2014
737 posts
168 upvotes
London
That is why everybody have better to pay only for Ipad pro tablets,rather Samsung pro! :D