• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2018 10:38 am
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4879 posts
2787 upvotes
Ontario

Samsung battery - where to buy legit?

My galaxy s7 edge battery has started expanding and has popped the back off my phone. Out of warranty, naturally. I'm looking to buy a battery to do my own battery replacement and I'm trying to avoid the garbage batteries out there flooding the market. Where can I buy a legit one which will hold a proper charge online and get shipping to Canada?
8 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1311 posts
1428 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mobile Klinik at Yonge and Dundas does it for $59. A lot safer and genuine option.
-
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
Unfortunately, there is no way to ensure you get a genuine S7 Edge battery from anyone unless it's from an authorised Samsung service centre or from the Samsung Walk-In Customer Service centre on Rodeo in Mississauga. Though at these legit places, they would insist on doing the repair themselves rather than sell you the battery. Anywhere else, don't believe when "OEM" is advertised because it means absolutely nothing.

http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/servicelocation/
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Sometimes generic or aff-brand batteries are better than OEM's. I would rather buy an off-brand than a fake OEM.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4879 posts
2787 upvotes
Ontario
Issue resolved, I got it repaired at an official Samsung authorized repair shop.
Feb 13, 2017
244 posts
238 upvotes
ON
Slawek wrote: Issue resolved, I got it repaired at an official Samsung authorized repair shop.
Good to know. How much did you end up paying?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4879 posts
2787 upvotes
Ontario
cutepoison wrote: Good to know. How much did you end up paying?
Overpaid but had no choice where I live. 140. At least I got the phone sealed again water tight.
Oct 29, 2016
98 posts
9 upvotes
Any source who call themselves "Legit" costs you way more than other sources. It's a battery, the difference is really not that significant compared to the price. So, I suggest you not to look for a legit source but find a good battery for your Samsung device.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
Garethbetty wrote: Any source who call themselves "Legit" costs you way more than other sources. It's a battery, the difference is really not that significant compared to the price. So, I suggest you not to look for a legit source but find a good battery for your Samsung device.
I see people doing phone repairs at the flea market. I'm sure they're cheap. Would you trust their parts and warranty?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)