• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2019 8:28 am
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1642 posts
337 upvotes
Calgary
Odd

When I purchased online at Staples today shipping was supposed to be in about 2-3 weeks.

Just got a shopping notification.
Feb 4, 2014
103 posts
58 upvotes
Lethbridge
Deemo wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 11:31 pm
Odd

When I purchased online at Staples today shipping was supposed to be in about 2-3 weeks.

Me too.
[OP]
May 26, 2007
837 posts
337 upvotes
What colour did you guys order? I went with black but silvers nice too
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4241 posts
533 upvotes
Are there any tablet optimized apps? I was under the impression that android tablet apps were pretty much dead
Aug 17, 2009
55 posts
10 upvotes
Deemo wrote:
Odd

Any mention of the headphones shipping?
Jan 18, 2017
52 posts
13 upvotes
Thinking about jumping on..have a nvidia k1 shield tablet but looking at bigger screen..would this be an upgrade to just a bigger screen or is this overall a better android tablet?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1642 posts
337 upvotes
Calgary
*buzzyon wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 12:05 am
Any mention of the headphones shipping?
No details of anything that was shipped.

That does concern me that if the headphones didn't show up how am I supposed to prove they did or didn't.

Is this supposed to be one day delivery?
Sep 15, 2003
78 posts
8 upvotes
Just placed an order for this bad boy. Anyone find options for a headphone jack adapter or case yet? Options seem to be pretty limited. I admit I'm a bit lax to details on preorders. Are accessories usually released at the product launch? Thanks in advance for any info.
Feb 11, 2019
108 posts
82 upvotes
ON
Headphone adapter is included, haven't found any cases as of yet though
Jan 7, 2011
184 posts
52 upvotes
Markham
I ordered from Samsung which shipped today through Purolator with arrival date for Tuesday. Might be sooner if Purolator is working on Monday. What I did notice is that even from Samsung the Tablet is shipping separately from the headphones. As you can see below
Images
  • ship.png
Jul 23, 2008
904 posts
287 upvotes
Valeclava wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 1:08 pm
Just placed an order for this bad boy. Anyone find options for a headphone jack adapter or case yet? Options seem to be pretty limited. I admit I'm a bit lax to details on preorders. Are accessories usually released at the product launch? Thanks in advance for any info.
There is a keyboard case on Samsung's website but it doesnt say when it's available.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1294 posts
191 upvotes
GTA
Deemo wrote:
Odd

Mine have expected delivery for May 2. I was hoping to be earlier but I will take the $30 off + rebates + AM and be patient.
----------------------------------------------------
Koodo $60/10GB plan - Medium Tab
Dec 16, 2012
551 posts
175 upvotes
Barrie, ON
I have a galaxy tab pro 8.4, the battery started acting up so I decided to buy a new tablet. I purchased the latest iPad (it's the one that gets cellular stuff too).... I absolutely hate it. It's heavy, the colors are horrible, and I hate the Apple OS. I'm gonna get rid of it and go back to android. But I want a good tablet, mostly for watching YouTube before bed and using it to code my car and play the occasional game. So you think I should buy this or buy a S3 second hand, and when are they going to fix the UHD problem? I don't think this iPad is even UHD since the quality looks horrible.

What should I do?

B
Jan 7, 2011
184 posts
52 upvotes
Markham
KillerX wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 6:57 pm
I have a galaxy tab pro 8.4, the battery started acting up so I decided to buy a new tablet. I purchased the latest iPad (it's the one that gets cellular stuff too).... I absolutely hate it. It's heavy, the colors are horrible, and I hate the Apple OS. I'm gonna get rid of it and go back to android. But I want a good tablet, mostly for watching YouTube before bed and using it to code my car and play the occasional game. So you think I should buy this or buy a S3 second hand, and when are they going to fix the UHD problem? I don't think this iPad is even UHD since the quality looks horrible.

What should I do?

B
There is no UHD problem with the Tab S5E, the issue brought up here is HDR which is not about the resolution. The resolution of the screen is 2560 x 1600. UHD generally starts at 3840 x 2160
Dec 16, 2012
551 posts
175 upvotes
Barrie, ON
cillerbee wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 7:51 pm
There is no UHD problem with the Tab S5E, the issue brought up here is HDR which is not about the resolution. The resolution of the screen is 2560 x 1600. UHD generally starts at 3840 x 2160
Ahhh thanks for the explanation... So what would you do if you were me, keep the iPad, or get this tablet.... Or get a used S3?

Thanks again

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)