Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung.ca] Galaxy Tab S 5E $550/$650 bonus AKG Y500 headphones

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2019 9:24 am
Jul 23, 2008
947 posts
294 upvotes
Best buy cancelled my silver 128gb preorder saying they couldn't secure inventory, but they did give a $75 gift card.
Apr 23, 2015
55 posts
34 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Painman wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 7:22 pm
Long time Android tablet user here. I just couldn't bring myself to buy another Android tablet, despite how much I wanted to. Google and other 3rd parties seem to have mostly abandoned the market. Look how few options there are, particularly on the high end. I bought an HP X2 Convertible Chromebook instead. I enjoy knowing that I'll get my OS updated regularly for years. It also comes with a keyboard and stylus and has been great for work or play (Chrome OS runs Android apps if you weren't already aware). Something to at least consider if you are in the market for a tablet.
Where did you buy this from?
Dec 29, 2013
490 posts
254 upvotes
Montr
I don’t understand samsung or apple. Whoever between them come up with a thin bezel tablet of around 8 inches will have the whole “mini” tablet market to themselves; and none of them wants to do it
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3750 posts
3286 upvotes
Desperadude wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 12:18 am
I don’t understand samsung or apple. Whoever between them come up with a thin bezel tablet of around 8 inches will have the whole “mini” tablet market to themselves; and none of them wants to do it
Because the 'mini' tablet market is basically empty. Tablets themselves are very much a negative growth market in many ways. Turns out, most people that want a tablet have one, and most people are happy with the performance their tablet gives them.

Hell, in my household we have a 2nd gen iPad, it's something like 7? years old, battery is still solid, performance is still more then enough. Spec wise it's a joke, but on iOS that doesn't matter as much. Still used every day.

Only reason I've updated by Android tablet is because it was 'free' with the plan I got. It's 3 years old now, and replaced a tablet that was only 2 years old. It's still 'good enough' for it's uses (I don't use a tablet as much, it's mostly for media consumption, especially for the kids). I have zero drive to replace it, even if there were something on the market that appealed to me.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
8907 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto
cool canuck wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 1:51 pm
I think this may have happened to me. I think i solved it by holding the power button down for well over a minute (despite forums saying 10 seconds was enough). Could have been holding the up or down volume button at the same time. Worth a try.
Thanks, but already tried before, no luck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Aug 25, 2008
514 posts
367 upvotes
flowerdealer wrote:
Apr 9th, 2019 8:27 pm
Where did you buy this from?
BestBuy in the States - couldn't find a retailer selling it here. I bought it right after Black Friday as open box. It was $425 USD (vs $600 BNIB).
---------------------
Koodo $39 / 10 gb
[OP]
May 26, 2007
910 posts
412 upvotes
Does anybody know how returns work if you order online from Samsung? can it be returned at physical store? just wondering if I should cancel my order and preorder from bestbuy instead.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1240 posts
891 upvotes
I lucked out and preordered 1 when best buy had that $50 off coupon. Cannot beat that with the free headphones.
Jul 23, 2008
947 posts
294 upvotes
slayerwulf wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 7:04 pm
I lucked out and preordered 1 when best buy had that $50 off coupon. Cannot beat that with the free headphones.
Hey slayerwulf, did you preorder from Best Buy say it would come with bonus headphones? Mine did not and I don't see this on Best Buy's website. Thanks

*** I see that there are now headphones on the best buy website***
May 17, 2012
486 posts
307 upvotes
Montreal
Really hoping Costco has this in store or online soon ... Looking to replace my dying Nexus 9, wanted a top notch tablet with great screen that'll last for a long time but the Tab S4 price point is just absurd. 550$ is a good price (I'd get the 650$ one just for the 6GB ram though) and I have 300$ of gift cards + Executive coupon to spend... If anyone sees this pop up in stores @ Costco or online please come back to share.
Sep 6, 2016
109 posts
78 upvotes
Calgary
Painman wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 7:22 pm
... I bought an HP X2 Convertible Chromebook instead. ...
Interesting suggestion. I much prefer a proper clamshell over a tablet/keyboard. Can your Chromebook, or other Chromebooks for that matter, set up multiple user accounts like you can on some android tablets? I'm talking about completely separate accounts with their own home screen/apps/data that can be easily switched between one another.
Aug 25, 2008
514 posts
367 upvotes
The XP form factor is perfect for me. Great for working on the go and then I dump the keyboard for reading in bed. As far as switching accounts, have a read here to see if it will do what you want (or use the search at the top of the page to describe your issue).
---------------------
Koodo $39 / 10 gb
Jan 20, 2010
352 posts
91 upvotes
toronto
Desperadude wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 12:18 am
If this is what you are looking for, you may want to consider Xiaomi PAD: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 23705aSKnR
[OP]
May 26, 2007
910 posts
412 upvotes
bennyboy84 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 12:04 pm
Really hoping Costco has this in store or online soon ... Looking to replace my dying Nexus 9, wanted a top notch tablet with great screen that'll last for a long time but the Tab S4 price point is just absurd. 550$ is a good price (I'd get the 650$ one just for the 6GB ram though) and I have 300$ of gift cards + Executive coupon to spend... If anyone sees this pop up in stores @ Costco or online please come back to share.
Sell the headphones and use your credit for groceries or nessicities at costco

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)