Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung.ca] Samsung Galaxy S20 series 20% off (SPC) + $200 trade in offer

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2020 5:00 pm
Apr 28, 2019
95 posts
65 upvotes
volvobrickster wrote: Oh man....Samsung's customer service via call center/ live chat is absolutely non existent and brutal

1 = Order the phone via SPC portal Friday night - i get the acknowledgement email
2 = Saturday i get an email saying it was cancelled
3 = I do live chat and they give me this generic scripted answer that my order was cancelled. Specific reason not provided but said common reason is billing address and shipping address don't match
4 = I call Mastercard = they said they did not block the sale, they approved it and Samsung had a hold on the funds
5 = Go back to live chat, agent says due to privacy reasons unable to see why it was cancelled but acknowledged I would be refunded the money charged
6 = I have tried to re-order numerous times and i keep getting a message at checkout saying my order can't be processed and for me to contact customer support
7 = Spent all day on the phone / live chat trying to figure out why my order got cancelled and why I cannot re-order. Samsung's reply = try a different credit card ( i tried 3 different ones and paypal), make sure your billing address is correct(i did) or go purchase the phone with BestBuy or Walmart

wow....just wow
I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S10 about a year ago from Samsung and went through the exact same scenario you did. It was my first post on RFD. I spent about 6 hours on the phone over many days and person after person to finally receive two phones. I can't believe how incredibly incompetent the company is. If you want the phones as bad as I did, you'll have to demand to speak to managers and spend over 6 hours on the phone.
Apr 5, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
mediumsteak wrote: Are you trying to ship the phone to your billing address or a different address?
Nope. Billing and shipping the same.

No matter how many times I try to order again, it tells me to call customer support and customer support tells me to try a different credit card.

3 cards , my girlfriends credit card and PayPal still fail.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
3501 posts
893 upvotes
GTA
I think my phone just shipped, got a call from FedEx and it was just picked up in Mississauga 0.9lbs package, this must be it. Will be here by noon tomorrow.

Yup just got the email from samsung, ordered on Saturday.
[OP]
Jul 15, 2003
573 posts
629 upvotes
shabby wrote: I think my phone just shipped, got a call from FedEx and it was just picked up in Mississauga 0.9lbs package, this must be it. Will be here by noon tomorrow.

Got the call and just now also tracking info emailed to me from Samsung.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10482 posts
3006 upvotes
shabby wrote: I think my phone just shipped, got a call from FedEx and it was just picked up in Mississauga 0.9lbs package, this must be it. Will be here by noon tomorrow.

Just got the same call from FedEx.

Coming tomorrow AM. Grinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
May 12, 2011
3127 posts
359 upvotes
NORTH VANCOUVER
Just got mine from FedEx at 6:08 pacific time.

Man Samsung is too fast!!!

Loving the s20 ultra so far it's not heavy at all mind u have a big hands so
Deal Addict
May 12, 2011
3127 posts
359 upvotes
NORTH VANCOUVER
Only negative so far is the camera at the back gets in the way when not using my led cover. With the led cover I don't notice the camera because of the double layer.

Loving it so far. The 120hz is awesome with games
Aug 28, 2014
367 posts
475 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Since devices are getting shipped / already received, anyone order a case yet?

Amazon deliveries seem to be delayed roughly a month or so. Anyone order from ebay?
Jan 13, 2012
263 posts
281 upvotes
Vancouver
SwiZz wrote: Yeah that's true. Will hope for the best. My previous two phones were damaged when I didn't have insurance. So for my current phone (Pixel 1 XL) I bought 2 year coverage and of course the time I buy he insurance, it doesn't break Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat.

But yeah I went ahead and ordered the S20+ black 128GB through perkopolis. Trading in my old HTC One. $1202 after taxes.

Thanks again OP!

Anyone have good case recommendations? Usually get a spiegen, but am just looking around at others.
Depends on how much protection you want, I use a screen protector and the OE Samsung leather case. Doesn't add much bulk, and feels niiiice. Then again, it's pretty minimal protection.
Aug 28, 2014
367 posts
475 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Elvis7 wrote: My phone has not shipped yet (ordered Sunday), but I bought this case from Amazon also on Sunday and it should arrive tomorrow.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B084BPQ6Q7/ref ... IEbVT27HMZ

I'm trying to find a slim clear case, and every item I click on amazon has an estimated delivery of May 7.

What do you see as estimated delivery on other items?
Aug 19, 2017
30 posts
48 upvotes
mediumsteak wrote: I'm trying to find a slim clear case, and every item I click on amazon has an estimated delivery of May 7.

Maybe add a food item. I ordered food with one of my electronics and they sent it together on two day delivery or less. Did it twice now.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3946 posts
859 upvotes
Hamilton
mediumsteak wrote: I'm trying to find a slim clear case, and every item I click on amazon has an estimated delivery of May 7.

Why didn't you just grab the Samsung official with the phone order??
It's like 17 or so bucks. Pretty reasonable.
Apr 4, 2020
46 posts
43 upvotes
sidshock wrote: Why didn't you just grab the Samsung official with the phone order??
It's like 17 or so bucks. Pretty reasonable.
If Im going to cover the phone, I want it to pop out.