Samsung Canada

Buy a Galaxy Z Fold3 Get a free Watch4 classic- TODAY ONLY Dec 8th

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2021 4:59 pm
Dec 15, 2017
963 posts
1394 upvotes
Vancouver
Perkopolis $1,899.99 for phone + Watch 4 Classic (46mm, Bluetooth or LTE) + S-Pen. Trade-in credit on a old phone available but don't know about the $200 Google credit.

Just have to manually add the watch to cart as it doesn't get added when you add the phone.

Also seeing if it will stack with Rakuten via browser extension after activating it from the regular Samsung site from another tab/browser window.
Images
  • Screenshot_20211208-063718_Chrome.jpg
  • Screenshot_20211208-063743_Chrome.jpg
  • Screenshot_20211208-064209_Chrome.jpg
Feb 10, 2008
70 posts
112 upvotes
Would love to try a fold (I really don't get the point of the Flip.) but 2k$ is a stupid price to pay for a phone.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2515 posts
2404 upvotes
Toronto
QuickFingers wrote: Perkopolis $1,899.99 for phone + Watch 4 Classic (46mm, Bluetooth or LTE) + S-Pen. Trade-in credit on a old phone available but don't know about the $200 Google credit.

Just have to manually add the watch to cart as it doesn't get added when you add the phone.

Also seeing if it will stack with Rakuten via browser extension after activating it from the regular Samsung site from another tab/browser window.
Quite a deal for 46mm LTE. I mean, if one was to buy both (which isn't uncommon for this product's crowd), it's a straight out $500 discount.

-----

I get everyone saying 2K is a lot for a phone, and I agree, but the Fold line is something that isn't target for the masses. It's not far from saying that those iPhone with gold/diamonds are expensive. That's a given. We (or the majority of us) just aren't really the target crowd for this product.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
1714 posts
1469 upvotes
Wow. Almost $2K for a Samsung phone that will depreciate once you buy and use it. I would rather buy a subsidized iphone which holds better value and able to sell compared to a Samsung. Regardless of whether one likes Apple, it still sells used at a higher price.
Dec 15, 2017
963 posts
1394 upvotes
Vancouver
jmc111 wrote: Wow. Almost $2K for a Samsung phone that will depreciate once you buy and use it. I would rather buy a subsidized iphone which holds better value and able to sell compared to a Samsung. Regardless of whether one likes Apple, it still sells used at a higher price.
Most likely any phone will appreciate less than a month after launch. My co-worker got the Fold3 less than a month ago through Perkopolis when the offer was only a free S-Pen but due to a glitch he end up getting 2 x S-Pens. Phone was $1,929.49 pre-tax. Now it is $100 off through Perk and other incentives then I guess he should have waited. Shipping was really quick for him though and he lives in Burnaby, BC so no expected shipping delays like many other retailers are facing.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2515 posts
2404 upvotes
Toronto
jmc111 wrote: Wow. Almost $2K for a Samsung phone that will depreciate once you buy and use it. I would rather buy a subsidized iphone which holds better value and able to sell compared to a Samsung. Regardless of whether one likes Apple, it still sells used at a higher price.
right, but what would one do if they want a foldable phone? Buy 2 subsidized iPhones and duct tape them?

I personally see no reason to get a foldable phone, but that's the offer here. Can't compare a foldable phone to a non-foldable phone. Like it or not, Samsung is pretty much alone in the foldable market. Will that be a success or not, we'll find out in the future.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
1714 posts
1469 upvotes
QuickFingers wrote: Most likely any phone will appreciate less than a month after launch. My co-worker got the Fold3 less than a month ago through Perkopolis when the offer was only a free S-Pen but due to a glitch he end up getting 2 x S-Pens. Phone was $1,929.49 pre-tax. Now it is $100 off through Perk and other incentives then I guess he should have waited. Shipping was really quick for him though and he lives in Burnaby, BC so no expected shipping delays like many other retailers are facing.
neonic wrote: right, but what would one do if they want a foldable phone? Buy 2 subsidized iPhones and duct tape them?

I personally see no reason to get a foldable phone, but that's the offer here. Can't compare a foldable phone to a non-foldable phone. Like it or not, Samsung is pretty much alone in the foldable market. Will that be a success or not, we'll find out in the future.
Just the thought of spending $2K on toys that will eventually depreciate in a year or so. I guess the home prices help the "good feeling" of spending especially around xmas time. Just wait until the credit card bill comes in January 2022...... LOL.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1668 posts
760 upvotes
Narkham
chilli604 wrote: That's 55" LG C1 territory
RFD has really come full circle, we're baselining pricing on this year's sought after products.

I need to spend less time on here...
RFD: Rarely Finding Discounts on things I actually need
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7227 upvotes
throwawayRFD wrote: Doesn't fold nor fit in pocket.
Sure it does, just need to put some force into it. Unfolding is another matter.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2140 posts
1011 upvotes
Toronto
throwawayRFD wrote: Doesn't fold nor fit in pocket.
This is intended to go in nature's pocket. At least at this price.

Overpriced phone and garbage watch. They're literally telling you the phone has ridiculous markup by giving the watch away. Ice cold.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7227 upvotes
I'm still waiting for a rollable screen tablet (Red Planet).
Dec 22, 2010
567 posts
480 upvotes
Ontario
Patrickpete wrote: While I dislike apple and find their products overpriced , but they do have a proprietary os and a strangle hold on the market. At the very least, you can resell your apple products for much higher.

Samsung's products, on the otherhand, drops like a brick. They should't be trying to emulate apple. I liked samsung before because they offered things that apple didn't, like head phone jacks and sd slot, at a affordable price.
Is there anything that doesn't depreciate? How often people buy things like this for selling it in the future? If you can't afford or no intention to buy it, then why bother? Do you go to bestbuy every day just to give unfavorable advice to random strangers that no one asked? So ridiculous.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15360 posts
9891 upvotes
Toronto
jmc111 wrote: Just the thought of spending $2K on toys that will eventually depreciate in a year or so.
Own a car? And not everyone enjoys crapple products. So why do you care what people spend their money on?
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2140 posts
1011 upvotes
Toronto
testmann wrote: Is there anything that doesn't depreciate? How often people buy things like this for selling it in the future? If you can't afford or no intention to buy it, then why bother? Do you go to bestbuy every day just to give unfavorable advice to random strangers that no one asked? So ridiculous.
This specific phone being a a niche phone that's somewhat unpopular WILL depreciate faster than other phones. If you cared about resell value, you'd buy a flagship from Apple. Regardless, Samsung is just trying to milk revenue from this phone before year end. They'll have another round of discounts for Christmas/boxing day. 2K minus the retail value of the watch is about what preorder deals worked out to. It'll go lower.
Dec 22, 2010
567 posts
480 upvotes
Ontario
Patrickpete wrote: Did you read or just skimmed through and decided to respond with a snarky smartass comment? My respond was in responds to the poster who quoted me?

Why do you go on a deal forum and not expect people to discuss about the um.....deals?Both the postive and negative aspect. People have opinions, which can and does influence and help people decide on their purchases. Does me talking down to samsung offend you? If it does, I'm sorry, but you should stay off of any forums if that's all it takes🤡
If you leave a negative comment, don't think you are going to get away with it. There will be people like me can't leave a nonsense unappealed.
generaltao99 wrote: This specific phone being a a niche phone that's somewhat unpopular WILL depreciate faster than other phones. If you cared about resell value, you'd buy a flagship from Apple. Regardless, Samsung is just trying to milk revenue from this phone before year end. They'll have another round of discounts for Christmas/boxing day. 2K minus the retail value of the watch is about what preorder deals worked out to. It'll go lower.
You think Apple is a non-profit organization? Ever heard Apple batterygate? So many Apple fanboys are here.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
1714 posts
1469 upvotes
koffey wrote: Own a car? And not everyone enjoys crapple products. So why do you care what people spend their money on?
Used cars have appreciated over 25-30% since the pandemic due to lack of new car supply. Doubt any smartphone has appreciated after purchase. And no I don't care what people spend their money on. Keeps the economy going :)
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
1089 posts
964 upvotes
Pr3Va1L wrote: Would love to try a fold (I really don't get the point of the Flip.) but 2k$ is a stupid price to pay for a phone.
Kinda doubles as a mini tablet.

Though you could buy a tablet + phone for less than this lol. But gotta carry both at the same time without the convenience of this.
Jul 29, 2015
214 posts
213 upvotes
Saskatoon
chilli604 wrote: That's 55" LG C1 territory
For me this is almost 3 years of gas for my car territory.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1561 posts
2434 upvotes
Pointe Claire
jmc111 wrote: Just the thought of spending $2K on toys that will eventually depreciate in a year or so. I guess the home prices help the "good feeling" of spending especially around xmas time. Just wait until the credit card bill comes in January 2022...... LOL.
Nah, no credit card bill. 0% interest 3 years with Paybright. Folks will be paying for this phone long after they moved on from it. Would consider it...sell S7 tablet, sell Flip, sell the watch...might even break even. But happy with the small flip. No room for the food when you go out to dinner and everyone brings out these big a$$ phones.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)