Buy a Galaxy Z Fold3 Get a free Watch4 classic- TODAY ONLY Dec 8th

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2021 4:59 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2135 posts
1011 upvotes
Toronto
testmann wrote: You think Apple is a non-profit organization? Ever heard Apple batterygate? So many Apple fanboys are here.
What the hell does that have to do with anything I said? Time to take your meds bud.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15360 posts
9891 upvotes
Toronto
jmc111 wrote: Used cars have appreciated over 25-30% since the pandemic due to lack of new car supply. Doubt any smartphone has appreciated after purchase. And no I don't care what people spend their money on. Keeps the economy going :)
Show me where you can buy a car new and sell it for more or basically at cost in a year or two. I'd love to see this logic you are wishing up. Lots of stuff increased in value due to the pandemic, keep the topic on point instead of trying to smoke and mirror.
jmc111 wrote: Just the thought of spending $2K on toys that will eventually depreciate in a year or so. I guess the home prices help the "good feeling" of spending especially around xmas time. Just wait until the credit card bill comes in January 2022...... LOL.
Lots of stuff depreciate right after you buy it. How about that $3000 feel good laptop? Think you can sell that more in a year or two? Nope. A house, sure, one of the few things that will appreciate.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Aug 17, 2018
291 posts
191 upvotes
I have seen couple folds after 3-6 months use. No thanks. Going to be at least few more years before they are ready for mass market.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
1713 posts
1460 upvotes
koffey wrote: Show me where you can buy a car new and sell it for more or basically at cost in a year or two. I'd love to see this logic you are wishing up. Lots of stuff increased in value due to the pandemic, keep the topic on point instead of trying to smoke and mirror.
https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/chip-shorta ... -1.1691701

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/global- ... ity-canada
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15360 posts
9891 upvotes
Toronto
So what, new car prices have increased. Point? Again, show me where you can buy a new car and sell it in a year or two for cost or more. We're not talking about a 3-4 year old vehicle that is selling for a little more than what it would in past.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
1713 posts
1460 upvotes
koffey wrote: So what, new car prices have increased. Point? Again, show me where you can buy a new car and sell it in a year or two for cost or more. We're not talking about a 3-4 year old vehicle that is selling for a little more than what it would in past.
>>>>>Used cars have appreciated over 25-30% since the pandemic due to lack of new car supply.<<<<< I did NOT say new cars selling for more.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15360 posts
9891 upvotes
Toronto
jmc111 wrote: >>>>>Used cars have appreciated over 25-30% since the pandemic due to lack of new car supply.<<<<< I did NOT say new cars selling for more.
But new cars are selling for more. People are buying close to or at MSRP and depending on the car, over MSRP. So, why can't the price of used cars be higher than before? That's not appreciation, that's the covid sales pitch.

Moral of story, you said you can't see buying a $2000 toy to have it depreciate. Well, everything depreciates. With probably the expectation of a house and say, a 2006 gpu. Even your luxury spouse loses value.

lmao.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2008
1287 posts
406 upvotes
Folks lets stick to the topic and give advise if this is a good value.

Maybe Share your experience if you have this phone.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
1713 posts
1460 upvotes
koffey wrote: But new cars are selling for more. People are buying close to or at MSRP and depending on the car, over MSRP. So, why can't the price of used cars be higher than before? That's not appreciation, that's the covid sales pitch.

Moral of story, you said you can't see buying a $2000 toy to have it depreciate. Well, everything depreciates. With probably the expectation of a house and say, a 2006 gpu. Even your luxury spouse loses value.

lmao.
:)
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2135 posts
1011 upvotes
Toronto
taank wrote: Folks lets stick to the topic and give advise if this is a good value.

Maybe Share your experience if you have this phone.

Thanks
I owned this phone for a week a little after launch. Thought it could replace my Note 9. Battery life was abysmal, ergonomics were not there for me (just wanted to go back to a normal bar phone), lots of apps didn't look right, cameras were mediocre for the price. Battery life might have improved since then but I was looking for a reliable 48hr phone, I don't think it's been able to achieve this even now. Disappointing for a big ass phone.

My complaints for the watch are mostly similar. Significantly less battery life than my Galaxy watch. Functionality wasn't there or had to be sideloaded/fiddled with. From what I've seen, there's some bugginess as well.

Both products are failures for Samsung imo.
Jan 7, 2011
894 posts
463 upvotes
generaltao99 wrote: I owned this phone for a week a little after launch. Thought it could replace my Note 9. Battery life was abysmal, ergonomics were not there for me (just wanted to go back to a normal bar phone), lots of apps didn't look right, cameras were mediocre for the price. Battery life might have improved since then but I was looking for a reliable 48hr phone, I don't think it's been able to achieve this even now. Disappointing for a big ass phone.

My complaints for the watch are mostly similar. Significantly less battery life than my Galaxy watch. Functionality wasn't there or had to be sideloaded/fiddled with. From what I've seen, there's some bugginess as well.

Both products are failures for Samsung imo.
This phone definitely takes some time getting used to. We've dealt with bar phones for a decade. I have it and if you're using this for media consumption it's amazing. Once you learn how to take advantage of the productivity you can then realize the benefits of this phone. If youre using this for simply business workphone I wouldn't recommend this heavy phone.
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2135 posts
1011 upvotes
Toronto
Brea wrote: This phone definitely takes some time getting used to. We've dealt with bar phones for a decade. I have it and if you're using this for media consumption it's amazing. Once you learn how to take advantage of the productivity you can then realize the benefits of this phone. If youre using this for simply business workphone I wouldn't recommend this heavy phone.
I mean to each their own but imo it's the wrong aspect ratio for any media consumption. You're better off with a taller tablet for comics and magazines. Something 16:9 for videos. It's basically just good for Web browsing, email, and light productivity.
Dec 23, 2019
152 posts
210 upvotes
Hobbiton, Whiterun H…
Thread is like a Twitter car crash I can't look away from.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)