Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung Canada] Samsung S20 Series additional $200 trade in credit towards S20, S20+, S20 Ultra plus 10% off Perkopolis & SPC

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2020 5:01 pm
Oct 23, 2010
628 posts
110 upvotes
Variability wrote: Has anyone gotten their S20, or S20 and noticed a dead pixel in the top right hand corner, usually just under the notification bar, that flickers during phone calls? I have this issue on 3 of my phones.
Not a dead pixel, it's a sensor.
Nov 3, 2010
758 posts
655 upvotes
JCYC5 wrote: Got my Ultra in store.

-10% SPC, $200 trade in for a flip phone, $100 off the accident warranty, Galaxy Buds+, a Samsung 10,000mAh wireless battery pack, and a 64gb micro-SD.
Final price?
Oct 9, 2011
403 posts
114 upvotes
JCYC5 wrote: Got my Ultra in store.

-10% SPC, $200 trade in for a flip phone, $100 off the accident warranty, Galaxy Buds+, a Samsung 10,000mAh wireless battery pack, and a 64gb micro-SD.
did you pre-order?
Apr 8, 2009
227 posts
201 upvotes
jjesskaka wrote: did you pre-order?
I did pre-order on Tuesday night, picked up the phone on Friday.
Nov 4, 2010
142 posts
64 upvotes
JCYC5 wrote: $1658.24 out the door with the 2 year warranty plan.
Hmmm good deal considering everything you got. If you don't mind me asking, what store is the one you went to. You also mentioned that you were able to use your SPC Card, did it I apply only for pre-orders. If I can semi replicate the deal now that would be great. But they don't advertise the battery pack/discounted service plan/ microsd card anywhere!?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
4967 posts
4596 upvotes
MicroJimnt wrote: Not a dead pixel, it's a sensor.
I was about about to respond, but you did it for me. Lol dead blinking pixel Face With Tears Of Joy
Oct 26, 2014
164 posts
41 upvotes
Oakville, ON
If you're NOT a student, are you able to just buy the membership at https://spccard.ca/purchase, then go to a local samsung store and get the 10% off? Any info appreciated greatly.
Aug 3, 2014
29 posts
16 upvotes
DannyC01 wrote: If you're NOT a student, are you able to just buy the membership at https://spccard.ca/purchase, then go to a local samsung store and get the 10% off? Any info appreciated greatly.
I was asked for a student ID when I used my SPC discount in store (Metrotown).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5542 posts
1674 upvotes
jjesskaka wrote: does the old phone need to be able to switch on? do you need to provide IMEI of the old phone?
IMEI yes, they need that. They don't even bother to turn the phone on, at least for me in yrs past when I traded for Note 9, 10+, S10+, S9+
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5542 posts
1674 upvotes
DannyC01 wrote: If you're NOT a student, are you able to just buy the membership at https://spccard.ca/purchase, then go to a local samsung store and get the 10% off? Any info appreciated greatly.
You should be able to, in yrs past, the employees would even tell people they should go get a SPC card, even when in some cases, the person buying looked to be clearly much older than a student lol. These new prices are way too much IMO, some news articles are saying sales are very slow compared to S10 launch
Oct 28, 2015
489 posts
114 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
slater22 wrote: Samsung is at it again offering $200 additional trade in credit towards the purchase of their new Samsung Galaxy S20 Series smartphones. This offer can be combined with SPC or Perkopolis for an additional 10% off however, for online purchases it redirects you to their partner website so no codes to give out for SPC.

Trade in credits are generally low on Samsung’s website so you may be better off selling your old phone online separately but for those with an old flip phone lying around it’s an easy way to save $200 off the S20 by trading in a old worthless phone.

YMMV: For this who have Perkopolis (online) or SPC (in store or online) save another 10% off the purchase:
S20 $1187.99 - $200 trade in bonus = $987.99 + tax
S20+ $ 1421.99 - $200 trade in bonus = $1221.99 + tax
S20 Ultra $1664.99 - $200 trade in bonus = $1464.99 + tax
I wonder how can one get SPC or Perkopolis card?
[OP]
Sep 13, 2011
85 posts
147 upvotes
THORNHILL
xuanzh wrote: I wonder how can one get SPC or Perkopolis card?
You can pay $10 for an SPC card on the app android or IOS App. That’s all I did and it worked for me. I never had to show my student card and it worked every time. I have perkopolis also as a perk from being a Seneca alumni but I believe you can get through other means such as your work may offer it as a benefit.
Apr 8, 2009
227 posts
201 upvotes
phaldaz wrote: Hmmm good deal considering everything you got. If you don't mind me asking, what store is the one you went to. You also mentioned that you were able to use your SPC Card, did it I apply only for pre-orders. If I can semi replicate the deal now that would be great. But they don't advertise the battery pack/discounted service plan/ microsd card anywhere!?
This is at West Edmonton Mall SES.

I'm not sure if it only applied for pre-orders. But I did buy a SPC membership for $10 specifically for this phone. No student ID verification.... and I'm 30 :)

The battery pack/micro SD was mentioned only at the time of placing my pre-order. It was a surprise to me. The discounted service plan and the $150 trade-in for any phone was mentioned when they called me on Thursday to "book" my pickup time slot.

When I went to pay, I had to mention the battery pack since I wasn't given this automatically. She remarked that it wasn't on my pre-order invoice, but I'd get it anyways. She came back with both the battery pack and SD card, even though I hadn't mentioned the latter. But she didn't question anymore, seems like the mere fact of my mentioning the 2 bonus items was sufficient. There appeared to be a large box behind the counter for these to be given away.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
6112 posts
3981 upvotes
shabby wrote: $200 On top of the $200 trade in?

No, just the $200 bonus.

Select other > other other instead of Samsung.