• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2019 10:55 pm
[OP]
Oct 11, 2013
140 posts
15 upvotes
Markham, ON

Samsung Dual SIM

Hi, I am looking for a dual SIM phone and have a preference for Samsung. I have been looking at the dual SIM models of the S8, S9, S10, Note 8, and Note 9. I saw in Hot Deals there is a deal on the Note 9, but the comments say that it has an Exynos chipset instead of Snapdragon, and that carrier compatibility could be an issue.

Is it the same for all Samsung phones where the dual SIM versions are only international? I was searching for the other models and it seems like it is but I am hoping I can get some different info here.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2179 posts
1230 upvotes
Calgary
That is correct - the dual sim phones are the International versions and they won't support the same frequency bands as North-American ones.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1105 posts
1172 upvotes
Samsung and Dual SIM doesn't go together. The best options for dual SIM with global LTE supports are the likes of One Plus series, only comes in Snapdragon and the One Plus 7 or 6T even has dual SIM support for band 66 (Freedom Mobile), that is rare combo.
Jun 2, 2010
591 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
isgaard wrote: Samsung and Dual SIM doesn't go together.
What? @Viper98 is selling a Samsung Dual SIM S10+ right now: Samsung S10+ Dual SIM
Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
4375 posts
2668 upvotes
Gotham
Some of the dual sim S9 models have a snapdragon processor. I know the SM-G9600 has a snapdragon processor. They were sold in Asia and south/central America.
[OP]
Oct 11, 2013
140 posts
15 upvotes
Markham, ON
Thanks for information. What would I be missing out on with the international version?

I use Freedom and Koodo/Public.

Thanks again.
Oct 29, 2008
565 posts
263 upvotes
L4J
Take a look Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G9600 Dual SIM 64GB Smartphone (Unlocked, Gray)
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... _dual.html

Samsung Galaxy S10e SM-G970F Dual SIM 128GB Smartphone (Unlocked, Black)
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... _dual.html

This device is carrier-unlocked and should work fully with the carriers listed below with green bars. Yellow bars denote partial network coverage. A SIM card and service plan must be purchased separately. Network compatibility listed here is for reference only and does not guarantee phone compatibility.

Showing carriers for Canada
Bell 3G 4G LTE
Freedom (MTS) 3G 4G LTE
Rogers Wireless 2G 3G 4G LTE
Telus Mobility 3G 4G LTE
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2017
1211 posts
1007 upvotes
Calgary
jk43234 wrote: Thanks for information. What would I be missing out on with the international version?

I use Freedom and Koodo/Public.

Thanks again.
On Freedom you’d lose their low frequency band as your phone won’t support voice over LTE.
Jun 3, 2007
474 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
If you're looking for mid-range, any of the Galaxy A10 to A50 models are fairly new and seem to have pretty good specs/price. I like the Galaxy A30 best as it has a 4000mAh battery w/ a fairly good cpu (Exynos 7904 octa-core) all under $300. Even has B13/B66 for good FM reception.

Edit: Oops, nm - didn't see that you were not a fan of the Exynos cpus (what's the big deal?)...
Aug 7, 2014
563 posts
235 upvotes
Samsung S8 has Snapdragon 835, and has hybrid dual sim slots (2nd sim slot can be used for another sim card or a SD card).