Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Samsung The Frame buy 65”/75”, get The Frame 32” FREE

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2020 1:08 pm
Sr. Member
Feb 21, 2005
894 posts
234 upvotes
Does this come with the bracket to hang it? or you have to buy?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4593 posts
1846 upvotes
Ancaster
kk1030 wrote: Does this come with the bracket to hang it? or you have to buy?
Everything you need is in the box. I helped my sister do a 65" and it was a breeze.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1137 posts
417 upvotes
Laval
I love these TVs. They look great in pictures but even better in person. If they were more affordable, they'd look great in our kitchen or bedroom, where we currently have some art.
Newbie
May 19, 2011
59 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
I came here mainly for the hate comments, it amuses me. It's just like every single Apple thread on RFD.

I have one of these. Is it the best TV? No. But it's the most wife friendly TV on the market. I have the nice tv in the basement, and this in this one in the living room. It's not for everyone, but I think it's great that Samsung tried something different to make a tv that actually looks nice in a room where looks are important to some, especially considering how big tv's are getting now.
Newbie
May 19, 2011
59 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
unshavenyak wrote: Everything you need is in the box. I helped my sister do a 65" and it was a breeze.
did you route the one connect behind your wall or just on your wall? I don't have it in the wall yet, but read that it may not be rated for being in a wall so maybe I'll just leave it, but in the wall would be nicer...
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4593 posts
1846 upvotes
Ancaster
AngryBear wrote: did you route the one connect behind your wall or just on your wall? I don't have it in the wall yet, but read that it may not be rated for being in a wall so maybe I'll just leave it, but in the wall would be nicer...
My sister has the connect inside a cabinet hidden away. I've seen some installs on Reddit and AVS Forums where people have done a hidden shelf in the dry wall with no issues though. I'm not an electrician, so don't quote me on this!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4593 posts
1846 upvotes
Ancaster
AngryBear wrote: I came here mainly for the hate comments, it amuses me. It's just like every single Apple thread on RFD.

I have one of these. Is it the best TV? No. But it's the most wife friendly TV on the market. I have the nice tv in the basement, and this in this one in the living room. It's not for everyone, but I think it's great that Samsung tried something different to make a tv that actually looks nice in a room where looks are important to some, especially considering how big tv's are getting now.
I think the 2020 models are a significant leap forward. Doubling the contrast ratio (8100:1 vs 4460:1), upping the sustained and peak brightness by 100 nits and improving the colour volume by 10% are all noticeable changes. They're not going to be HDR monsters like you would normally expect from a LCD TV in this price range, but they still should be very watchable for most content.
Jr. Member
Nov 11, 2013
153 posts
42 upvotes
London
Do yall think there would be a better deal for these on black friday?

Wish the bezels came with.
Member
Feb 20, 2006
227 posts
147 upvotes
I like the idea of this TV and would buy it if the price become more friendly. It is better have an art piece or family photos on the TV than a black screen on the wall. I will definitely look into this in the future.
Last edited by hchai on Oct 26th, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Feb 20, 2006
227 posts
147 upvotes
audi_rs wrote: I have one and love it. You do pay a bit more than a comparable TV but to me, its money well spent. As long as there is some sort of TV like this, I will always purchase. Gone are the days of giant black boxes hanging off the walls. The no gap mount is super sleek

Image
Very very nice. Much better than a black screen.
Member
Jul 21, 2005
338 posts
294 upvotes
Kitchener
AngryBear wrote: did you route the one connect behind your wall or just on your wall? I don't have it in the wall yet, but read that it may not be rated for being in a wall so maybe I'll just leave it, but in the wall would be nicer...
I put mine behind my wall with no issue, just need to be careful pulling it through. I thought I read that the cable can be painted to match the wall for an almost invisible look. I already had a hole in the wall from the previous TV so I utilized that. Do note, it requires some strategy to get the cable in the hole without causing the TV to no longer be completely flat against the wall.
Something something dark side...
Newbie
Oct 25, 2020
1 posts
I have the 55 inch version and love it. So cool to see a different pic on your wall every day.
Member
Nov 12, 2001
232 posts
4 upvotes
If anyone is selling either a larger set or even the 32" please PM me.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4593 posts
1846 upvotes
Ancaster
audi_rs wrote: I put mine behind my wall with no issue, just need to be careful pulling it through. I thought I read that the cable can be painted to match the wall for an almost invisible look. I already had a hole in the wall from the previous TV so I utilized that. Do note, it requires some strategy to get the cable in the hole without causing the TV to no longer be completely flat against the wall.
That's what my sister did. She painted the cable and it's really not noticeable unless you are looking for it.
Newbie
May 19, 2011
59 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
audi_rs wrote: I put mine behind my wall with no issue, just need to be careful pulling it through. I thought I read that the cable can be painted to match the wall for an almost invisible look. I already had a hole in the wall from the previous TV so I utilized that. Do note, it requires some strategy to get the cable in the hole without causing the TV to no longer be completely flat against the wall.
Hmm good idea on the painting the cable, I will try that.

I have a horizontal stud in my wall (fireblock I guess?)... so I suppose I could drill through it but tearing open the wall, drilling through, feeding it through, sticking the fire foam back in etc sounds like a giant PITA compared to painting the cable.

Top