Hot Deals

Samsung

Free Galaxy Watch4 w/ purchase of S22 Ultra or Z-Series phone

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2022 12:13 am
Thread Summary
If you're shopping for more options, RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best smartwatches!
23 replies
Jun 24, 2017
120 posts
112 upvotes
Not sure why this is downvoted. Is this a bad deal?

I was thinking of picking myself up a Z Flip 5g with the watch... don't you get the 300 dollar trade in as well?
May 25, 2013
6 posts
9 upvotes
On the fence about this one. On the one hand I think the watch plus the $300 extra trade-in credit stacking for a flip make this a pretty nice deal.

On the other, pretty extensive reviews bashing the battery life of both devices...
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
1106 posts
982 upvotes
darshie wrote: On the fence about this one. On the one hand I think the watch plus the $300 extra trade-in credit stacking for a flip make this a pretty nice deal.

On the other, pretty extensive reviews bashing the battery life of both devices...
The battery for the Watch is fine. I've had mine since launch and it easily lasts a day at least (tried always on display on and off). Though, if you're constantly on exercise mode eg. A looong workout like maybe biking for the day and it's tracking your stats like heart rate, distance, location, etc, it'll probably won't last that entire day.

I think the closest I was close to killing it was a full day of walking and tracking my heartrate + location for several hours and by the time I got home at night, it was around 35% or something

I have the smaller BT version of the watch.

Can't comment on the Flip but I heard that as well.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2011
10298 posts
3204 upvotes
Feels Good Man wrote: The battery for the Watch is fine. I've had mine since launch and it easily lasts a day at least (tried always on display on and off). Though, if you're constantly on exercise mode eg. A looong workout like maybe biking for the day and it's tracking your stats like heart rate, distance, location, etc, it'll probably won't last that entire day.

I think the closest I was close to killing it was a full day of walking and tracking my heartrate + location for several hours and by the time I got home at night, it was around 35% or something

I have the smaller BT version of the watch.

Can't comment on the Flip but I heard that as well.
A day is terrible battery life
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
1885 posts
3697 upvotes
I got the watch4 when it was on sale and had the tradein promos + google play credit and I like the watch but yeah the battery life isnt the best. Lasts me a day or two tops but it isn't bad for me since I just have the charger plugged into my PC all the time and just place the watch on it whenever I'm not using the watch as it charges even when my PC is sleeping.
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
1106 posts
982 upvotes
clseea wrote: A day is terrible battery life
That's modern smartwatches for you which are essentially miniaturized smartphones at this point. A day is still competitive with the other competition like the Apple Watch or many other WearOS watches. I guess the older Gear watches had better battery life but they were really chunky.

And I'm not counting the other fitness trackers like the Garmin and Fitbit equivalent since these watches do more and have a lot more features than those.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2011
10298 posts
3204 upvotes
Feels Good Man wrote: That's modern smartwatches for you which are essentially miniaturized smartphones at this point. A day is still competitive with the other competition like the Apple Watch or many other WearOS watches. I guess the older Gear watches had better battery life but they were really chunky.

And I'm not counting the other fitness trackers like the Garmin and Fitbit equivalent since these watches do more and have a lot more features than those.
It's mostly a Samsung thing, and that doesn't negate the fact it's horrible battery life
Jan 26, 2017
135 posts
69 upvotes
Vancouver
Is there a way to get the watch and use EPP pricing too?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4462 posts
681 upvotes
Toronto
I’m using Galaxy Watch4, I found that sometime the notifications are delayed for hours, not sure where to tweak it. It connects to my corporate’s Samsung S20FE, it is annoying.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15381 posts
9928 upvotes
Toronto
I got the watch at launch, 44bt model, battery lasts just over 2 days. I haven't had any issues with it tracking, it's my 2nd smart watch, had the huawie or whatever it's call, and not my primary watch. So, with my basic watch experience, it's actually an awesome smart watch. A huge upgrade for myself. The N4 (new flip) will be announced soon and expected sales date in Aug. It's got a little bit of a bigger battery (3400 over 3300 lol), also not the same battery manufacture and the newest snapdragon so the expectation is to be a much better version of the flip3. Everything else will be the same but it's also rumored to be cheaper that the flip3 was on launch because of the cheaper batteries. for what it's worth of course.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15381 posts
9928 upvotes
Toronto
List of Eligible Trade-In Devices:

– An eligible smartphone with an Android based operating system is any smartphone set out below with Android Operating System and listed in the Service Provider’s device valuation software / tool, as seen on the trade-in page at https://www.samsung.com/ca/ or www.galaxyupgrade.ca.
o Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 or Z Fold3 5G Series
o Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
o Samsung Galaxy Z Flip / Z Flip 5G
o Samsung Galaxy Fold
o Samsung Galaxy S21, S21+ or S21 Ultra 5G Series
o Samsung Galaxy S21FE 5G
o Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+ or S20 Ultra 5G Series
o Samsung Galaxy S20FE 5G
o Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e or S10+ Series
o Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+ Series
o Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ Series
o Samsung Galaxy Note20 or Note 20 Ultra Series
o Samsung Galaxy Note10 / Note 10+
o Samsung Galaxy Note9
o Samsung Galaxy Note8
o Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
o Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
o Samsung Galaxy A71
o Samsung Galaxy A51
o LG G8 / G8X THINQ
o LG Velvet 5G
o Huawei P30 / P30 Pro / P30 Lite
o Huawei P20 / P20 Pro
o Google Pixel 3XL Series
o Google Pixel 4 / 4A / 4XL Series
o Google Pixel 5 Series
o Google Pixel 6 Series

– An eligible smartphone with a non-Android based operating system is any smartphone set out below with IOS Operating System and listed in the Service Provider’s device valuation software / tool, as seen on the trade-in page at https://www.samsung.com/ca/ or www.galaxyupgrade.ca.
o iPhone 6S Series
o iPhone 7 or 7+ Series
o iPhone SE2 Series
o iPhone 8 or 8+ Series
o iPhone X, XR, XS or XS Max Series
o iPhone 11, 11 Pro or 11 Pro Max Series
o iPhone 12, 12 Mini, 12 Pro or 12 Pro Max Series
o iPhone 13, 13 Mini, 13 Pro or 13 Pro Max Series

Too bad the s7 is left out again.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Feb 17, 2014
232 posts
107 upvotes
Montr
If i got s22 ultra through Rogers can i claim the watch through Samsung?
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
1720 posts
414 upvotes
No additional trade in bonus.
No links or solicitations through sigs
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
3440 posts
1929 upvotes
RFDdietpepsi wrote: $76 trade in for my perfect condition S9+ ??? really?
Pixel 6 for $241. Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo