Samsung Galaxy Note 20/20 Ultra 5G thread - August 5th, 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2023 2:44 am
Oct 11, 2006
153 posts
21 upvotes
Brampton
I did the update this morning, I honestly can't tell the difference. LOL

I'm using the ESR clear kickstand case. I have to showoff the bronze.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6223 posts
1797 upvotes
I noticed as of few days ago, the weather app is showing advertisements at the top...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7732 posts
9808 upvotes
mebiuspower wrote: I noticed as of few days ago, the weather app is showing advertisements at the top...
I've never used Samsung's weather app, always either Google weather or for more accuracy Overdrop since Dark Sky got pulled thanks to Apple.

I've definitely started noticing ads elsewhere in Samsung's app like S Health, Galaxy Store, Members app, etc.

That combined with the fact my main speaker keeps stopping to work is really getting annoying on such a goddamn expensive phone.
Nov 2, 2019
179 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
I am proud new owner of this phone, the Ultra. You guys don't articulate just how spectacular this phone really is. Coming from an S9 plus.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7732 posts
9808 upvotes
Malanden wrote: I am proud new owner of this phone, the Ultra. You guys don't articulate just how spectacular this phone really is. Coming from an S9 plus.
Congrats!

You're going to love and hate it at times but it's definitely going to prove being worth it.
Nov 2, 2019
179 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
Gtaphotog wrote: Congrats!

You're going to love and hate it at times but it's definitely going to prove being worth it.
I am just thrilled to have a phone that fits using one hand, but is nice and big. The S9 plus was nice, but the sides of my hands kept hitting the bloody screen, messing up whatever I was doing. This fits like a glove. Text almost jumps off the screen, and I am pretty sure the ol S9 wasn't a slouch either.

Got some great tips from here already. 120Hz, thats a nice. What a difference, and I didn't think it would be one, being a computer gamer with gaming monitors. Boy was I wrong.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7732 posts
9808 upvotes
Malanden wrote: I am just thrilled to have a phone that fits using one hand, but is nice and big. The S9 plus was nice, but the sides of my hands kept hitting the bloody screen, messing up whatever I was doing. This fits like a glove. Text almost jumps off the screen, and I am pretty sure the ol S9 wasn't a slouch either.

Got some great tips from here already. 120Hz, thats a nice. What a difference, and I didn't think it would be one, being a computer gamer with gaming monitors. Boy was I wrong.
That's funny that you say the S9 was too big and you were hitting the sides of the screen, I find that happens often with the curved edges of the Note20U.
Nov 2, 2019
179 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
Too small, I found it too small for sitting in my palm without my fat hands hitting the curve of the screen and messing up whatever I was doing
Sep 26, 2011
5 posts
1 upvote
ETOBICOKE
I want to get the 20 Ultra. Do you guys think there will be a deal in boxing week?
Oct 14, 2006
217 posts
110 upvotes
Richmond
disturbed21 wrote: I want to get the 20 Ultra. Do you guys think there will be a deal in boxing week?
There was on Black Friday... $1555 if I remember right, on Samsung's site, with 0%/36mo financing still available. Might be similar around Christmas.
Nov 2, 2019
179 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
Keep an eye on perkopolis et. I got mine on BF for 1320ish plus taxes. You might score something on Boxing day with Perokopolis et
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19320 posts
3007 upvotes
Woodbridge
Thanks. Not that I was looking forward to it. LOL
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3663 posts
1702 upvotes
Toronto
Do let us know when the new OTA update is available :)
My Heatware Feedback: Click!