Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant for $375.28 PREPAID-Bell/Rogers/Fido! (Oct 23/24 ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2010 7:14 pm
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
4749 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
yes, but not every phone is on special for 0$ 3 year contract!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1939 posts
996 upvotes
Montreal
mythos1453 wrote: I'm sorry but how are you supposed to use it on Fido/Rogers. Their network is CDMA while the phone is GSM. Is there something I'm missing?
You're mixed up. Bell was originally CDMA but added GSM a few years ago. Fido/Rogers were always GSM. Half the world has been using this phone on Rogers/Fido for the last few months, including myself. It works.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4134 posts
2139 upvotes
Vancouver
deal_king wrote: No- but this is the real deal. I'm an on-call business and technology expert sometimes appearing on CTV and Global. I know Bill 60 inside out.

You are? And you're suggesting that people commit fraud to get a deal on a phone? Weird.

Ron.
Mar 14, 2008
285 posts
64 upvotes
deal_king wrote: You're mixed up. Bell was originally CDMA but added GSM a few years ago. Fido/Rogers were always GSM. Half the world has been using this phone on Rogers/Fido for the last few months, including myself. It works.

They didn't add GSM(2G), they added HSPA(3G). Bell and Telus share the same network. So this could work on Telus as well. And this new network will be 1 year old in November.

You forgot the price to unlock it if you want to use it on Telus/Rogers/Fido. Are you sure there is no activation fees?

It's a lot of hassle just to get 25% off but that's just me....
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1939 posts
996 upvotes
Montreal
a in yul wrote: yes, but not every phone is on special for 0$ 3 year contract!

No this is a very unique loophole because it is a 3rd party vendor (BB) who is offering an additional $150 non-refundable discount. If at any point Bell decided to offer it for $0, the hardware subsidy that must be refunded would increase from $350 to $500.

I doubt this will happen again any time soon.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
3128 posts
532 upvotes
The batteries on this can be changed easier than the iphone?
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
Sep 21, 2004
10087 posts
4133 upvotes
Calgary
deal_king wrote: No this is a very unique loophole because it is a 3rd party vendor (BB) who is offering an additional $150 non-refundable discount. If at any point Bell decided to offer it for $0, the hardware subsidy that must be refunded would increase from $350 to $500.

I doubt this will happen again any time soon.

Ahh I see. So if a third party (BB/Wireless Wave) offers it, the max cancellation fee is $350. If it's offered by carriers directly, the max is $500. Am I reading it right?
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2005
4516 posts
159 upvotes
so....we're committing identity fraud if we don't have friend/family/live in Quebec?
Banned
Aug 28, 2008
528 posts
19 upvotes
newfbc wrote: You are? And you're suggesting that people commit fraud to get a deal on a phone? Weird.

Ron.

uhhh....who cares?
Jul 4, 2006
21 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
I think people are interested in your loophole, but are concerned about the validity of the Quebec Bill 60 cancellation process.

I've found (link).

With the point:

214.7. If the consumer unilaterally cancels a fixed-term contract in consideration of which one or more economic inducements were given to him by the merchant, the cancellation indemnity may not exceed the value of the economic inducements determined by regulation that were given to him. The indemnity decreases as prescribed by regulation.
When no economic inducement determined by regulation was given to the consumer, the maximum indemnity the merchant may charge is the lesser of $50 and an amount representing not more than 10% of the price of the services provided for in the contract that were not supplied.

Personally, I'm worried about using 'any address in Quebec'. Is there any way you can back up your claim?
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
3128 posts
532 upvotes
^good point I just read some reviews saying this phone barely lasts for a day compared to 2 days with the iOS4.
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
4749 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
awong26 wrote: I think people are interested in your loophole, but are concerned about the validity of the Quebec Bill 60 cancellation process.

I've found (link).

With the point:

214.7. If the consumer unilaterally cancels a fixed-term contract in consideration of which one or more economic inducements were given to him by the merchant, the cancellation indemnity may not exceed the value of the economic inducements determined by regulation that were given to him. The indemnity decreases as prescribed by regulation.
When no economic inducement determined by regulation was given to the consumer, the maximum indemnity the merchant may charge is the lesser of $50 and an amount representing not more than 10% of the price of the services provided for in the contract that were not supplied.

Personally, I'm worried about using 'any address in Quebec'. Is there any way you can back up your claim?

thks for the link; i will be off to BB later on hmm, do i need a Galaxy..? cant wait for the samsung tab to be offered on BB free Fridays..!!
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2004
2310 posts
179 upvotes
What is Fraud?
Fraud:
Deceitful conduct designed to manipulate another person to give something of value by:

1.lying,
2.by repeating something that is or ought to have been known by the fraudulent party as false or suspect or
3.by concealing a fact from the other party which may have saved that party from being cheated.
Canadian Laws Dealing With Fraud
◦Competition Act - An Act to provide for the general regulation of trade and commerce.
CHAPTER C-

False or misleading representations
52. (1) No person shall, for the purpose of promoting, directly or indirectly, the supply or use of a product or ... any business interest, by any means whatever, knowingly or recklessly make a representation to the public that is false or misleading in a material respect.(5) ... liable to a fine in the discretion of the court or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years or to both; or (b) on summary conviction, to a fine not exceeding $200,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year, or to both.

or

Bill S-4 creates three new Criminal Code offences related to identity theft, including:

Obtaining and possessing identity information with the intent to use the information deceptively, dishonestly or fraudulently in the commission of a crime.
Trafficking in identity information, an offence that targets those who transfer or sell information to another person with knowledge of, or recklessness as to, the possible criminal use of the information.
Unlawfully possessing or trafficking in government-issued identity documents that contain the information of another person.
All three offences carry five-year maximum prison sentences. In addition, the legislation gives courts the power to order offenders to pay restitution to a victim of identity theft as part of their sentence.
ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝɥʇ sı ɯnıpǝɯ ǝɥʇ
◉◉◉◉◉ITEMS I FS/WTB/SOLD/TRADED/BOUGHT◉◉◉◉◉
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=332203
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1939 posts
996 upvotes
Montreal
newfbc wrote: You are? And you're suggesting that people commit fraud to get a deal on a phone? Weird.

Ron.
nitroblu wrote: so....we're committing identity fraud if we don't have friend/family/live in Quebec?
Can someone explain to these clowns that identity fraud means taking advantage of someone else's identity (an actual different person) to their disadvantage in order for you to benefit.

We are talking about billing addresses here, not residential address.