Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant for $375.28 PREPAID-Bell/Rogers/Fido! (Oct 23/24 ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2010 7:14 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2001
1167 posts
146 upvotes
Ottawa / Gatineau
Well I "bit the bullet" and just purchased one.

One small thing... I got hit with a $35 activation fee. BB CSR said it will be added to the first invoice. So, it's not just $50!
BUT I also got a $50 BB GC. :-0
RFD-Anon member #001 - "Hi, my name is Amazing2 and I buy almost everything in the Hot Deals section... Except all that iStuff!"
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2330 posts
772 upvotes
Firestorm wrote: This is fraud, not identity fraud.

If this is fraud, almost every on this forum had committed fraud one time or another....Think really hard before you call someone a fraud. Term should not be used lightly.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2003
1585 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
This is not fraud at all, but a loophole.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1036 posts
228 upvotes
Calgary
how is this a fraud??? is it illegal???
in the end Bell still would still make money off the phone
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
a in yul wrote: just like ordering internet service free for 4 months then canceling; ohh wait; thats the dell deal on RFD that many have subscribed too... :)

Dont worry!

ill take a vacation to Teksavvy and then back to the Bell deals for a second helping!

what do you think about that ! JACK! ? :razz:
Sep 14, 2006
67 posts
7 upvotes
newfbc wrote: You are? And you're suggesting that people commit fraud to get a deal on a phone? Weird.

Ron.
He said he was from Quebec ...
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
3134 posts
537 upvotes
I got it too! Yeah I was hit with a $35 activation fee but I got a $50 gc so I came out with $15. Not that bad.

Due to this phone highly dying they offered a EPP plan and if you take it they can give you accessories on DISCOUNT! pretty crazy so idk... $9.99 a month is crazy. Though the couple next to me who got it they got crazy things half off like a $160 bluetooth head set for half off and invisishields for $10 off.
Amazing2 wrote: Well I "bit the bullet" and just purchased one.

One small thing... I got hit with a $35 activation fee. BB CSR said it will be added to the first invoice. So, it's not just $50!
BUT I also got a $50 BB GC. :-0
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
4749 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
iEye wrote: Dont worry!

ill take a vacation to Teksavvy and then back to the Bell deals for a second helping!

what do you think about that ! JACK! ? :razz:

ehehhe, methinks bell has a great promo worth it even at 30$...!!
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
3134 posts
537 upvotes
I was wondering if anyone can redirect me to the best shield for this phone?
(Screen and body?)
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2027 posts
391 upvotes
deal_king wrote: Wrong. The contract terms are determined by the address you give on the contract, not on your physical location at the time the contract is signed.

Let me preface this by saying this is not legal advice, don't rely on anything written here.

DK, Are you sure? Maybe that is company policy currently, but contract law is another matter. If Bell decided to take this matter the other way, they may very well be in a legally sound positon to enforce their contract rights. If the contract is not formed in Quebec, the amendments to the Quebec Consumer Protection Act in Bill 60 are irrelevant.

When you go into Bestbuy, do you sign the documents on the spot, or is it done electronically?

If you sign the documents in the store, I believe the contract is formed in the current jurisdiction. This is a generally accepted principle of common law.

If done electronically, as is the case with instantaneous communication (e.g. telephone, email, fax, electronic submission) between principals, the contract is formed in the jurisdiction where the offeror (Bell) receives you acceptance of the contract (see Eastern Power Ltd. v. Azienda Communale Energia and Ambiente, 178 D.L.R. (4th) 409) and also the Electronic Commerce Act (Ontario).

Now, Bell may well in fact receive your electronic submission at their head quarters in Montreal, if so, then the contract can be said to have been formed in Quebec. However, they could also potentially receive your transmission at an Ontario office, in which case, again the contract would be formed in Ontario.

In any event, this is mostly an academic endeavour, as I find it unlikely that Bell would take these matters to court. They'd probably just send their debt to collections.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1945 posts
997 upvotes
Montreal
drunkgoat wrote: Let me preface this by saying this is not legal advice, don't rely on anything written here.

DK, Are you sure? Maybe that is company policy currently, but contract law is another matter. If Bell decided to take this matter the other way, they may very well be in a legally sound positon to enforce their contract rights. If the contract is not formed in Quebec, the amendments to the Quebec Consumer Protection Act in Bill 60 are irrelevant.

When you go into Bestbuy, do you sign the documents on the spot, or is it done electronically?

If you sign the documents in the store, I believe the contract is formed in the current jurisdiction. This is a generally accepted principle of common law.

If done electronically, as is the case with instantaneous communication (e.g. telephone, email, fax, electronic submission) between principals, the contract is formed in the jurisdiction where the offeror (Bell) receives you acceptance of the contract (see Eastern Power Ltd. v. Azienda Communale Energia and Ambiente, 178 D.L.R. (4th) 409) and also the Electronic Commerce Act (Ontario).

Now, Bell may well in fact receive your electronic submission at their head quarters in Montreal, if so, then the contract can be said to have been formed in Quebec. However, they could also potentially receive your transmission at an Ontario office, in which case, again the contract would be formed in Ontario.

In any event, this is mostly an academic endeavour, as I find it unlikely that Bell would take these matters to court. They'd probably just send their debt to collections.
Let's nip this question of legality in the bud right now. This topic has been discussed dozens of times on HowardForums and official Fido and Bell reps have themselves suggested using Quebec addresses if you wish your termination fees to be determined by Bill 60. It is legal nor has there been a record of ANY Canadian cell company making an issue of it. Here are some of the links:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread. ... st13826412

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread. ... st13839088

At this point, considering the above, if you wish to discuss this further, please create your own thread here: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/shopping-discussion-f74/

Stay on topic, guys. How many of you are a proud new owner of a Galaxy S?
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Jan 19, 2005
540 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
OMFG, am I going to have to sell my ethics and morals to get one of these phones.

:twisted:

Lining up right now at the local BB.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
when is the motorola droid X coming
Deal Addict
May 30, 2008
1879 posts
231 upvotes
WIN-A-PIG!
mikka1989 wrote: when is the motorola droid X coming
I don't think the droid x is coming to canada.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
2777 posts
309 upvotes
Just putting it out there, but if someone is getting a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant from Bell, and aren't going to use it, i'd like to buy it from you.