Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant (brand new) selling for $199.99 at Virgin Mobile

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2012 11:32 am
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3000 posts
97 upvotes
Home
Would you rather have Motorola Atrix Or Nexus S ?
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with :|
Mar 24, 2010
958 posts
122 upvotes
I had the Galaxy S (Captivate) with gingerbread.. It wasn't as great as I expected, I think Nexus S is way better
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
VIRGIN MOBILE HERE!!

GL trying to get it outright, there is no "Pre-paid" price on the price card so we can't sell it outright without a plan attached to it.

If you guys are good talkers you could say that you are going to put it on pre-paid giving the argument that The LG eclipse and 551 have similar MSRP's but YMMV

What you could do is sign it up a 30 day, Since you get the first month on the house, after 30 days you will have to give us 30 days notice to cancel thus VM sending you a bill for $20 + Tax

Thus bringing your grand total to $248.59

Doesn't beat the Xperia Arc on Newegg for $119.99 :P
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Sep 12, 2004
258 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
Will this work on Bell without having to unlock, etc?

My brother is on Bell, and his phone just broke. He still has 1.5 years left on his contract and doesn't want to re-new it.

1) Can I get just buy this phone for $199.99 in store by telling them I am buying it as a gift for a Virgin customer?

2) Can I buy this phone (for $199.99) with a $20/month plan, and then cancel the next day? I still think $219.99 is a pretty good deal for this phone.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
seangoesbonk wrote: Will this work on Bell without having to unlock, etc?

My brother is on Bell, and his phone just broke. He still has 1.5 years left on his contract and doesn't want to re-new it.

1) Can I get just buy this phone for $199.99 in store by telling them I am buying it as a gift for a Virgin customer?

2) Can I buy this phone (for $199.99) with a $20/month plan, and then cancel the next day? I still think $219.99 is a pretty good deal for this phone.
it might work on bell, not 100%
1. no
2. u can't cancel the next day, you have to wait 14 days
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: 2. u can't cancel the next day, you have to wait 14 days

so 2 months service + 200 = 240 + tax. Not that attractive anymore if it is the phone I am interested in.

thanks for the information.
May 10, 2008
302 posts
37 upvotes
is the "$20" plan you guys are talking about in store ? because when i add in cart, and try to check out it only gives me the lowest is $50 which is total bummer, that adds another $100 to the price... :(
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
hpidc2 wrote: is the "$20" plan you guys are talking about in store ? because when i add in cart, and try to check out it only gives me the lowest is $50 which is total bummer, that adds another $100 to the price... :(

I think you need to pick the 'supertab' which has talk and text @ 20. Since it is not 3-yr contract, you can cancel it and pay the balance on exit. Just saw the first month free promo so it is 200+20-20(free first month promo) +20=220 + tax - 4 bucks for the supertab.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
XxXSnake23XxX wrote:
Doesn't beat the Xperia Arc on Newegg for $119.99 :P

Yeah, but that was a price error and no one is gonna actually get that.

This is a decent price for a cash, no hassle purchase for Virgin customers. I doubt anyone will sell this without making sure it's activated on Virgin.

For non Virgin customers, the hassle of activating, canceling, paying for service you don't need is not worth it.

I actually expect the Nexus S to be dropping in price soon as it's been $350 cash price for a long time now. I'm keeping my eye on that one.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7135 posts
3737 upvotes
Montreal
syncmaster wrote: Also the Nexus s has an bonus feature that most people won't care about, NFC (Near Field Communication).

My guess is that NFC codes will catch on in the next 18 months and you'll see NFC tags everywhere just like you see QR codes everywhere now.

In NYC, many merchants already allow you to pay from your Google Wallet account using NFC on your phone.
Aug 2, 2005
13 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
maybe I could get a friend of mine who is on Virgin mobile to pick one of these up for me.
Feb 8, 2009
231 posts
52 upvotes
Leduc
If anyone wants one of these phones, I could get it for you. I'm with Virgin and have no use for new phone right now. PM me.
Aug 6, 2009
396 posts
53 upvotes
Ottawa
psyko514 wrote: My guess is that NFC codes will catch on in the next 18 months and you'll see NFC tags everywhere just like you see QR codes everywhere now.

In NYC, many merchants already allow you to pay from your Google Wallet account using NFC on your phone.

Google Wallet is not available in Canada yet, and no one knows when it's coming here :(

For those planning to root the phone, make sure to read carefully xda forum and make sure to backup all necessary files (ie: efs folder and bml3 partition) as most people (including me) got their partition corrupted and cannot be repaired anymore unless you ll be lucky enough to get it repaired by Samsung.

So, read carefully before rooting
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
1620 posts
602 upvotes
Pointless purchase, might as well get a Nexus S for same price point, no bloatware and ICS upgrade.
Apr 1, 2010
308 posts
37 upvotes
Yasser wrote: flash custom ics rom on xda forums :D

The official ICS rom came out a few weeks ago for the Nexus S, can't you just flash that version onto it?
Reda wrote: Google Wallet is not available in Canada yet, and no one knows when it's coming here :(

For those planning to root the phone, make sure to read carefully xda forum and make sure to backup all necessary files (ie: efs folder and bml3 partition) as most people (including me) got their partition corrupted and cannot be repaired anymore unless you ll be lucky enough to get it repaired by Samsung.

So, read carefully before rooting

Mid 2013 if we're lucky. We have a few sparse NFC payment processors in the GTA.
u mad? come at me bro!
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6364 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
bubble.tea wrote: Unlockable for ~$35'ish. Yes cross compatible with all standard 3G networks, not wind/mobi etc.

Or unlockable for free if you're rooting.

For those who don't care for ICS, this is a tremendous price on a generic mid-level (non dual-core) Android smartyphone.

Should be unlockable for free without rooting... I did this when I first got the i9000m from Bell over a year ago
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
psyko514 wrote: My guess is that NFC codes will catch on in the next 18 months and you'll see NFC tags everywhere just like you see QR codes everywhere now.

Personally, I failed to see the benefit of NFC/Google Wallet.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1095 posts
558 upvotes
Montreal
ndog2 wrote: None of the galaxy S I phones will be getting an upgrade to android 4.0 for that reason alone if you're buying a cheap previous gen android phone the nexus S is the one to get. ICS or the promise of an upgrade should be must have for any android buyer. Plus many of the galaxy S I models have had problem with proprietary drivers stopping or slowing development, some have broken gps and others can't call 911 with custom roms, so if you're interested in modding the phone in anyway do some research before you buy.

Well I am currently running ICS on my Captivate and it's running very well.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2002
1119 posts
208 upvotes
I've been running ICS (actually TeamHacksung's build 14 of CM9) on my i9000m for the last few weeks and it's been rock solid. I've had the SGS since launch and it's served me very well. For those into modding, there are no shortage of ROMs available on XDA, and the phone is pretty close to unbrickable.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)