Hot Deals

[Best Buy Mobile] Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10+ trade in promo, works for HUP - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2019 12:40 pm
[OP]
Oct 15, 2015
177 posts
211 upvotes
BC
Tobsterboi wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 10:40 pm
So did you get the phone? Are you eligible for a med tab on your current plan?

Edit: never mind you did mention you can get it on med tab and keep the same plan
No I didn't get the phone yet cause I didn't have my Blackberry with me to trade in at the time. Considering I can get $360 for an old Blackberry, it's still pretty decent even on a small tab.

I've confirmed through the Koodo Mobile website. My plan isn't eligible for medium tab anymore. It forces you to change the plan when adding any phone to Cart on a medium tab. Small tab works fine.
Jul 2, 2014
151 posts
31 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Did you also get $400 bestbuy gift card in addition to the trade in credit?
[OP]
Oct 15, 2015
177 posts
211 upvotes
BC
vabandroid wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 9:11 am
Did you also get $400 bestbuy gift card in addition to the trade in credit?
Nope.

I believe that "up to $400 BB gift card" is received from the additional value on the trade in phone on top of the $320/$360 trade in.

I get $0 additional value from my BB. The rep told me the LG G7 ThinQ gets you additional $240 via a best buy gift card that can be used to reduce the upfront costs.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4174 posts
611 upvotes
Edmonton
Rudeepoo wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 9:06 am
No I didn't get the phone yet cause I didn't have my Blackberry with me to trade in at the time. Considering I can get $360 for an old Blackberry, it's still pretty decent even on a small tab.

I've confirmed through the Koodo Mobile website. My plan isn't eligible for medium tab anymore. It forces you to change the plan when adding any phone to Cart on a medium tab. Small tab works fine.
Until your actually in the store doing the whole trade in I would not believe a word they say about keeping your plan. Koodo bated me last time with this over the phone saying yes you can keep it the. When I went in and actually did it. Nope have to change for aplan with less data more money. I argued it and got no where. Ended up paying extra $20 a month plus the tab because of the miss information from koodo on the phone.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Dec 24, 2017
350 posts
594 upvotes
lel
What about $45 plans?
Koodo $45 - 4GB +1GB bonus (retention deal). S9 for $360-150 GC
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Oct 17, 2010
483 posts
238 upvotes
Vancouver
Max_Dealing wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 10:09 am
Until your actually in the store doing the whole trade in I would not believe a word they say about keeping your plan. Koodo bated me last time with this over the phone saying yes you can keep it the. When I went in and actually did it. Nope have to change for aplan with less data more money. I argued it and got no where. Ended up paying extra $20 a month plus the tab because of the miss information from koodo on the phone.
That sux! What phone did you get? Did you consider buying the phone out right and keep the same plan?
Koodo $50.00 8gb S9+
Virgin Mobile $40 6gb S8+
Public Mobile $38 5gb iPhone 8+
Dec 3, 2006
289 posts
53 upvotes
Just traded my S8+ and stayed on my Tab Medium $60/10gb plan.

S10+ 128gb
$900 On Medium Tab
-360 Trade in Discount
$610.20 tax in
-200 My S8+ Price Value (Bestbuy Card)
$410.20 All in Bestbuy purchase price.

Pretty much a great deal, saved me the hassle of selling my S8+ which for sure wont even sell close to $560.

Thanks OP!
My Bell Retention Plan: Using a HTC Raider 4G LTE
200 + 100 Bonus Daytime Minutes, Nat Fab10, 100 Minutes CDN LD, Unlimited Incoming Calls, 6pm Unlimited Evenings & Weekends, Unlimited Outgoing Text, Unlimited Incoming Text, Unlimited Picture & Video Messaging, 6GB LTE Data, Unlimited Social Messaging, VoiceMail and Caller ID
After Fees & Taxes is $71.20 Monthly
Aug 30, 2015
370 posts
122 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
rvn wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 1:36 pm
Just traded my S8+ and stayed on my Tab Medium $60/10gb plan.

S10+ 128gb
$900 On Medium Tab
-360 Trade in Discount
$610.20 tax in
-200 My S8+ Price Value (Bestbuy Card)
$410.20 All in Bestbuy purchase price.

Pretty much a great deal, saved me the hassle of selling my S8+ which for sure wont even sell close to $560.

Thanks OP!
well you could've gotten $360 with any burner phone and could have sold the S8 outside this deal and you would have saved much more, but I agree it's a hassle. Time is money

I did not know the $60/10gb plans could have tabs. Good to know
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4174 posts
611 upvotes
Edmonton
Tobsterboi wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 11:29 am
That sux! What phone did you get? Did you consider buying the phone out right and keep the same plan?
I bought the S8 phone on a plan. Bought it out right then lowered the plan after. Two years later Koodo is going after me for the money saying The payment was misplaced. Koodo is shady if you ask me.

Even contacting their support line is a mess around. You call. They then text you. The text sends you to an automated website that basically continues to text you. Eventually you can ask for a call back in which they call you a day later. When they call you the following day your put on hold for 20 minutes.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Dec 3, 2006
289 posts
53 upvotes
pca1987 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 1:58 pm
well you could've gotten $360 with any burner phone and could have sold the S8 outside this deal and you would have saved much more, but I agree it's a hassle. Time is money

I did not know the $60/10gb plans could have tabs. Good to know
I actually came back at the store that evening and took back the S8+ and gave them a flipphone instead, just gave them back the $200 Bestbuy GC and all is good.

My uncle bought the S8+ from me for $350.

For me it's a great deal, coz with Koodo I'll be always upgrade to a new phone when great promotions comes along just by paying my Tab Medium balance.
My Bell Retention Plan: Using a HTC Raider 4G LTE
200 + 100 Bonus Daytime Minutes, Nat Fab10, 100 Minutes CDN LD, Unlimited Incoming Calls, 6pm Unlimited Evenings & Weekends, Unlimited Outgoing Text, Unlimited Incoming Text, Unlimited Picture & Video Messaging, 6GB LTE Data, Unlimited Social Messaging, VoiceMail and Caller ID
After Fees & Taxes is $71.20 Monthly
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16079 posts
6140 upvotes
Oakville
Pingalino wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 10:33 am
What about $45 plans?
Check on the Koodo website to see if you're eligible to keep your plan on a medium tab (just add any medium tab phone to the cart, and see if your plan is still there on the "select plan" page).
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8129 posts
3196 upvotes
Markham
wearysky wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 9:38 am
Check on the Koodo website to see if you're eligible to keep your plan on a medium tab (just add any medium tab phone to the cart, and see if your plan is still there on the "select plan" page).
Latest subtle change I noticed: all iPhones except the 6s are no longer available on small tab. I wonder if later this will extend to other phones...
May 27, 2011
201 posts
54 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Anybody know if best buy still offer gc or the deal is dead?
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2677 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
Wait am I seeing this correctly - you can bring in any old dead beater phone and get a trade in discount of $360?

Seems like the deal is dead because the Med Tab price for the S10 is now $750 upfront
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1227 posts
264 upvotes
Edmonton
So does the trade-in phone have to be working? I've gotten conflicting answers from the store staff when I asked what condition the trade-in phone has to be in. One said any phone is possible, another said it has to be in working condition. I have a bricked LG G3. It just stopped working one day after 2 or 3 years, it shows a black or green screen of death.

Looks like the Samsung trade-in program doesn't require a working phone? I answered no to if it's working or not and it still gave me the $200 bonus. Is that my only option?