Galaxy S21 FE 5G Graphite 256 GB - $674

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2023 4:00 pm
[OP]
Nov 21, 2022
6 posts
13 upvotes

[Samsung] Galaxy S21 FE 5G Graphite 256 GB - $674

Seems that the 256GB model is the same price as the 128GB model. Model: SM-G990WZANXAC.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/multistore/s ... 90WZANXAC/

$674 + tax
128GB retails for $699
256GB retails for $799

Perkopolis link + 6% Rakuten.
Last edited by JaysonK on Dec 31st, 2022 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
40 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
4576 posts
1589 upvotes
Mississauga
S23 is coming out in a month.

S21FE will become S20FE tier and probably will be lower priced this year.
I would refrain from getting one right now unless you have a particular attraction to this model.
Jul 1, 2010
489 posts
291 upvotes
Paid the same price for S21 (not FE) 5G 2 years ago.

.. this is not a good price.
Last edited by MrDisco on Dec 31st, 2022 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unnecessary
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2002 posts
2891 upvotes
wing0 wrote: S23 is coming out in a month.

S21FE will become S20FE tier and probably will be lower priced this year.
I would refrain from getting one right now unless you have a particular attraction to this model.
What kind of logic is 'well there's a more expensive newer model coming out so don't get a cheaper model'?
Jul 29, 2013
182 posts
267 upvotes
Calgary
chovan wrote: Paid the same price for S21 (not FE) 5G 2 years ago.

.. this is not a good price.

Can I borrow your time machine please?
Last edited by MrDisco on Dec 31st, 2022 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: thread cleanup
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1563 posts
291 upvotes
Vancouver
They will likely announce a S22 FE model and the price of this S21 FE is likely to drop as it does every year
Dec 25, 2016
49 posts
28 upvotes
It's not really hot but you won't find a comparable phone with 256GB at this price at the moment.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1168 posts
1157 upvotes
This is another controversial thread and topic about the FE phones. It slots nicely below the flagship but before the A series phones. So you do get a lot for your money, comparatively speaking with certain places to skimp that doesn't cause a lot of issues like a plastic/polymer back and less RAM. However, the phone is plenty fast and will work just as well as a regular flagship, but you get a flagship for pretty much everything else. The charging speed may not be as fast, but fast enough to keep up. Wireless and reverse wireless charging is also included. The main thing I didn't like about the S21 FE is the lack of expandable storage. And don't give me the bs about water resistance, Samsung. The S20 FE has an expandable memory slot and it still has an IP68 rating.

However, with the (maybe) launch of the S23 FE, the price of the S21 FE will drop. So far, Samsung hasn't committed or said anything about an S23 FE this year. Besides, the FE series will launch much later in the year, which gives buyers another headache, since the flag ships would be discounted by then and likely reasonably priced. So do you buy an 8 - 10 month old flagship at a discount or a new "tweener" like the FE phone, which is "brand new".

On paper, the FE series make sense since it's a clear value play to capture the "tail end" of the flagship market to those who can't justify spending flagship money on a phone, but won't settle for the lower tier A-series. So the FE series is a good mid-range. Furthermore, what are others doing in the mid-range market: Apple; Google; Xiaomi; One Plus; Motorola; etc? Several years ago, Samsung was clearly aiming for Google's lunch after their success with their Pixel A-series of phones and perhaps Apple with the iPhone SE. However, it's generally difficult to find switchers these days once they're in either OS camp.

I also agree that this is still a tad too expensive, but you do get 256 GB of storage since it doesn't have expandable storage... If this was $499 or $599, then it would make a lot more sense. :rolleyes:
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Oct 18, 2014
5 posts
Vancouver, BC
Is base price supposed to be 674.49 with perkopolis before rakuten?
Nov 30, 2015
178 posts
145 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
MichaelK7 wrote: It's not really hot but you won't find a comparable phone with 256GB at this price at the moment.
This is true. There will always be a premium for the model with more storage.

The 256 GB of onboard storage is handy in a world where more and more cell phones are forgoing the SD card slot. Pictures don't take up that much room but videos will.

The 256 GB model also has 8 GB of ram vs 6 GB on the 128 GB model. This helps to future-proof the phone a bit more.

For the above 2 reasons I paid the premium (IIRC $90 more over the 128 GB model's sale price at the time) and went with the 256 GB model this past summer.

For those that it matters to, the 256 GB model does not seem to have any choice of colour. Graphite was the only colour that I could find for this variant.
Aug 19, 2006
104 posts
69 upvotes
Upgrade from s10 + to s21 fe and camera in low light sucks

Pics also oversaturated and bit yellow and cant change.. i sacriced less ram and no sd slot and jack on s21FE. So far not feeling ram diff but hate no sd card and camera. Ok in bright situations and steady video though
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2019
2131 posts
5343 upvotes
North York ON
User381785 wrote: What kind of logic is 'well there's a more expensive newer model coming out so don't get a cheaper model'?
They're saying get it after the new model comes out very soon because that's when there will be even more savings for this model. It is possible that Samsung will try to flush out the remaining inventory by giving more discounts. If they have an unpacked event like they did with the last few major phone launches, they may give out $100+ off coupons that can be used with phones.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15170 posts
4970 upvotes
VANCOUVER
namabeer wrote: Upgrade from s10 + to s21 fe and camera in low light sucks

Pics also oversaturated and bit yellow and cant change.. i sacriced less ram and no sd slot and jack on s21FE. So far not feeling ram diff but hate no sd card and camera. Ok in bright situations and steady video though
Your experience does not seem consistent with almost all review of the S21 FE's camera performance. Maybe you got a lemon? Generally, photo qualify, including low-light photos, for the Galaxy S series from S20 FE, and up, is pretty close to top-notch.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2005
1147 posts
465 upvotes
namabeer wrote: Upgrade from s10 + to s21 fe and camera in low light sucks

My s21fe 128 GB is extremely sluggish.
Fresh install.
Not sure if it's because of 6 GB but the camera takes forever to start snapping a picture, and applications are just generally sluggish and non-responsive.
I doubt it is a hardware issue. Same behavior on another s21FE I tried.

I just can't seem to get used to Samsung phones.
Nov 19, 2017
152 posts
168 upvotes
theshowman wrote: My s21fe 128 GB is extremely sluggish.
Fresh install.
Not sure if it's because of 6 GB but the camera takes forever to start snapping a picture, and applications are just generally sluggish and non-responsive.

You sure you dont load your phone up with bs software/apps? Android is really as good as its users. I don't have a s21fe, but an s20fe. About one second from home to first photo. Probably actually less, but I doubt I can accurately grade performance faster than one second for a phone device.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2005
1147 posts
465 upvotes
RickJamesWasRight wrote: You sure you dont load your phone up with bs software/apps? Android is really as good as its users. I don't have a s21fe, but an s20fe. About one second from home to first photo. Probably actually less, but I doubt I can accurately grade performance faster than one second for a phone device.
It's essentially the exact same set of apps that I've had on my Huawei P20 Pro and Huawei P30. The Huawei's are smooth as butter. Not the Samsung. I just received my s22 ultra. I'll see if it suffers the same fate soon once I migrate.
Jan 4, 2019
988 posts
1115 upvotes
theshowman wrote: My s21fe 128 GB is extremely sluggish.
Fresh install.

Thats weird considering mg s20fe is snappy
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2012
2898 posts
1357 upvotes
MARKHAM
i have s20fe, low light is pretty crap, its dark and blurry. taking pictures outside in good light condition is great thou.
Rogido wrote: Your experience does not seem consistent with almost all review of the S21 FE's camera performance. Maybe you got a lemon? Generally, photo qualify, including low-light photos, for the Galaxy S series from S20 FE, and up, is pretty close to top-notch.
Mar 27, 2016
463 posts
250 upvotes
From Umi, with ♡
Yes, camera quality kind of suck for main & telephone cam since they use different sensor, 3x zoom very blurry. After the oneui 5, kind of lag and slow on open the app, battery is worse.
8Gb is just minimum meet for me, i would prefer 10gb-12gb. Like flat screen and screen size 6.4" though
I return it for s21u for 719$
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/195390931192
Last one!
Or else i would jump on note10 plus for $319 but it will be out of security updates soon like next year.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)