Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 12:36 pm
Feb 1, 2015
910 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
thandong19 wrote: What about for upgrade? If I stay with Koodo for more than 90 days than pay off the tab and upgrade, will I still able to do so? Are there any kind of check ( for example: credit check) when I upgrade after 90 days?

Thank you
Nope! You’d be good. The system targets accounts that have numerous short term cancellations / account activations . :)
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1856 posts
2204 upvotes
Best Buy uses a system called Beast and won’t process upgrades within 90 days.

This limitation isn’t in place with all other stores
pistoche wrote: Yup, conveniently reps get their bonuses after 90 days too. I'm sure that's just coincidence that you're telling people they could cancel after 90 days.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
So has anyone confirmed that this deal is officially over atm? @ironmen77?
Last edited by Gtaphotog on Dec 30th, 2018 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 1, 2015
910 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ocisnicola wrote: Ah well, all good things eventually come to an end cuz of the few. I hope whatever changes they make still offer value for existing customers on a HUP because Koodo's retention offers tend to be kinda meh
I agree with you. Shoot me a PM if I can help with anything
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2828 posts
989 upvotes
GTA
gamer602 wrote: Best Buy uses a system called Beast and won’t process upgrades within 90 days.

This limitation isn’t in place with all other stores
thats not true, i got 1 at best buy, and then requested to pay off tab, and got a 2nd one at best buy 2 days later.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1856 posts
2204 upvotes
I did not say that BB only used Beast.

They could choose to use the Koodo portal instead to skip this limitation.

dnyc wrote: thats not true, i got 1 at best buy, and then requested to pay off tab, and got a 2nd one at best buy 2 days later.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1821 posts
1999 upvotes
dnyc wrote: thats not true, i got 1 at best buy, and then requested to pay off tab, and got a 2nd one at best buy 2 days later.
i'm pretty sure koodo decides whether or not you can pay off the tab. Sometimes it glitches and you can pay it right away online immediately. When it doesn't, you can call in and they have ways of allowing you to pay it off next bill. The only real reason they won't allow you to hardware upgrade in a short time is if they see that you've abused it too many times.

*edit also front line reps in cases of bestbuy/wow/tms/walmart can call in to help with paying off the tab too depending on the situation they will just make you pay it off right there with your credit card.
Last edited by MastaOogway on Dec 30th, 2018 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 20, 2009
254 posts
130 upvotes
Wanted to share my experience. Went to Bestbuy in Brampton. They offered me the bigger S9+Plus, and $200 gift card on Thurs, but I said I'll come back tomorrow be asue it was for my mother. We. T Friday morning. Said promotion is over. Dammit. But on sat morning, went to WOW, and got the regular S9, with $150. Not as hot on Thursday, but my fault for not pulling the trigger. Oh well.
It's not all about saving a few dollars....its the Principle of it :)
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2828 posts
989 upvotes
GTA
gamer602 wrote: I did not say that BB only used Beast.

They could choose to use the Koodo portal instead to skip this limitation.
the one i went to uses beast. i saw their computer screen and it wasn't koodo portal. when i went to WOW they used the koodo portal.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1856 posts
2204 upvotes
My BB rep used beat and said I was 2 months in and was not eligible to HUP
He was on Beast. Went to another store instead
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2015
1104 posts
1179 upvotes
georgep wrote: Pretty sure they also had clawbacks on the gift cards back then if you cancelled before 90 days - that's why people were trying to get their plans on a seasonal hold (which was hit and miss because they weren't supposed to do seasonal holds before 90 days). So you had to factor in the plan cost for 90 days. These deals are different because they stopped doing the clawback (not sure why). Also, these deals are really good for people who are adding a phone to an existing line - which is what I did.
Good point, they did have the 90 day claw backs on GCs for sure last year. Usually Wow has the best deals, surpassing BB and Walmart, this year they are basically all the same. Next year, guess we shall see.

Due to the 90 days, last years deal is no better than this year once that's factored in. Unless you get one more referral, at least. Did not factor that in in my earlier post.
Public Mobile $13 plan
Thanks to RFD
Dec 4, 2013
515 posts
292 upvotes
Mississauga
htauthority wrote: Good point, they did have the 90 day claw backs on GCs for sure last year. Usually Wow has the best deals, surpassing BB and Walmart, this year they are basically all the same. Next year, guess we shall see.

Due to the 90 days, last years deal is no better than this year once that's factored in. Unless you get one more referral, at least. Did not factor that in in my earlier post.
Last year boxing day didn't have GC clawbacks (CTRC regulations prevented that), IIRC 2016 or early 2017 had the clawbacks.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2359 upvotes
Dreamrider wrote: Not me but my friend
2x S8 during Back to school in Aug
1x huawei p20 pro + free smart watch on Black Friday
S9 and IP8, this boxing day.
All canceled next day.
He's not banned yet but ill let you know when he is.

Thanks
Careful, you might get banned in future on here for saying such things.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2015
1104 posts
1179 upvotes
pistoche wrote: Last year boxing day didn't have GC clawbacks (CTRC regulations prevented that), IIRC 2016 or early 2017 had the clawbacks.
Last year was 2017 correct? When the regulations came into effect there were concerns and various posts saying this or that. There was "uncertainty" in regards to the clawback. Anyways, this year is clear cut. Buy and cancel at will without worries or penalty. Aside from the credit hit or hits for those buying multiple phones for resale.
Public Mobile $13 plan
Thanks to RFD
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1821 posts
1999 upvotes
No point in speculating on if they are removing the gift card etc. We'll know in time. If you think this is a good deal get on it now. All I can say is for current customers they have never given gift cards so maybe this is what ironmen meant. One of the reason this deal is so hot is because current Koodo customers can get on it. Before this deal gift cards were never offered for hardware upgrade.
Feb 8, 2008
176 posts
232 upvotes
Surrey
Went to Walmart today to get the iPhone 8, wanted the gold one but they said that Walmart only carries the black.

Anyone else experience this?
Dec 19, 2006
875 posts
901 upvotes
Vancouver
Xander_604 wrote: Went to Walmart today to get the iPhone 8, wanted the gold one but they said that Walmart only carries the black.

Anyone else experience this?
The Walmart I went to had both the grey and the rose gold. No white though.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2855 posts
836 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
EdwardS050 wrote: Does TMS claw back PC optimum points when you cancel the Koodo plan?
no
Saving money on things I don't need since 2009. thanks RFD

Woodstock, ON

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)