Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 12:36 pm
Banned
Jan 11, 2016
446 posts
323 upvotes
Made in Canada
Gtaphotog wrote: Ok so what's everyone going on about the employees loosing a commission they were never getting?

Their job is to help and assist customers and make sales, not get commissions off of people signing up and "wasting their time" by asking them to do what they are being paid to do.
Not really sure. I know TMS is on commission, but it's very minimal. Not sure about WoW mobile, probably commission too.

That being said, from what I remember they were paid based on activations and that is all. If a customer were to return the item, then the commission would be refunded. Canceling it but paying it out wouldn't because it had nothing to do with the actual retail store. Things may have changed from a while back though so I'm not sure how it is now.
Jun 12, 2009
118 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
for those of you who signed up for a new contract, and then cancelled.....are you still able to access the Kodoo self serve?

I cancelled on the 24th. Today I logged in, and it shows my account #, but when I try to click on "usage" "billing" or "my profile" its blank. I thought perhaps it would still show my tab of $360 still owing?
Aug 23, 2015
800 posts
750 upvotes
DjRags604 wrote: I agree that reps deserve the commission but 30-45 min working with you? Mine were all super competent and had me in and out within 10 minutes.
In the past my rep was competent also but took a 1/2 hr, maybe 20 mins the 2nd time. Either way. If it takes 15-30 minutes and several people do this per day during the sale that time will add up. Then at the end of the month when the commissions come in and you see all the UNEARNED ones. But again it's Koodo's fault, all they have to do is slap a minimum charge or minimum 90 days service for cancelling then problem solved.
The nice reps deserve their commissions. Costs money to own and operate that kiosk in the middle of the mall...
Public Mobile $23 plan, $10 credits ongoing
Koodo $29 plan with Google Pixel 2 XL, $50 credits ongoing
EBox $42, group buy $2 off
Thanks to RFD
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7444 posts
3718 upvotes
Kootenays
alicklee wrote: So let me get this straight I can pay off a tab that's more the 90 days old and get a new tab as an upgrade ? So small tab old plan pay off and get new hardware and keep small tab or upgrade to medium tab etc ?
Your current plan will dictate which tab you can have. Some plans are good only for small tab, some for med or small, etc. If you've had the plan for 90 days, you can pay your tab and upgrade. Right now, the best deals are the IP8 and S9 on tab med from BB, TMS, WM & WOW because they also come with gift cards or will pm.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4475 posts
3427 upvotes
junkyard dog wrote: for those of you who signed up for a new contract, and then cancelled.....are you still able to access the Kodoo self serve?

I cancelled on the 24th. Today I logged in, and it shows my account #, but when I try to click on "usage" "billing" or "my profile" its blank. I thought perhaps it would still show my tab of $360 still owing?
In a few days when you log back in you'll have you're final bill and breakdown.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4475 posts
3427 upvotes
So this is my bill breakdown for an Ontario #.

The thing is the service got cancelled via port on the 24th & have an email dated for then so it's interesting they are charging me to the 25th.

Total comes to $436.44

$436.44 – $150gc = $286.44 for a BNIB S9
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by Gtaphotog on Dec 27th, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
5866 posts
518 upvotes
Kanata
For people who bought the Bell sim card on ebay, which seller can send you the sim card number right away?
Jun 22, 2009
969 posts
467 upvotes
Vancouver
smacd wrote: Your current plan will dictate which tab you can have. Some plans are good only for small tab, some for med or small, etc. If you've had the plan for 90 days, you can pay your tab and upgrade. Right now, the best deals are the IP8 and S9 on tab med from BB, TMS, WM & WOW because they also come with gift cards or will pm.
Ahh ok yeah I have small tab so I can't change it to medium tab just upgrade with small tab deals I guess
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4475 posts
3427 upvotes
rivet wrote: For people who bought the Bell sim card on ebay, which seller can send you the sim card number right away?
Just message whichever seller has good rating
Jun 12, 2009
118 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
Gtaphotog wrote: So this is my bill breakdown for an Ontario #.

The thing is the service got cancelled via port on the 24th & have an email dated for then so it's interesting they are charging me to the 25th.

Total comes to $436.44

interesting! I called in cancelled directly on the phone on the 24th, and received an email confirmation that my contract has been cancelled the same day, yet on my self serve I do not have a bill like yours. Its simply blank.

perhaps they're mailing it to me snail mail, or like you said maybe it'll show up in a few days.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1077 posts
578 upvotes
Pickering
I just cancelled now, the rep I spoke to was absolutely cordial and polite throughout the whole process, I'm delighted!
The best deals are the ones that make you buy, even if you have no plans to ever use it.
Aug 1, 2006
361 posts
43 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote: So this is my bill breakdown for an Ontario #.

Total comes to $436.44

They charged you to the 25th, but doesn't your screenshot show a 1 day credit for the 25th? So in the end, you didn't pay for it. Might be something with their billing cycle.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4475 posts
3427 upvotes
junkyard dog wrote: interesting! I called in cancelled directly on the phone on the 24th, and received an email confirmation that my contract has been cancelled the same day, yet on my self serve I do not have a bill like yours. Its simply blank.

perhaps they're mailing it to me snail mail, or like you said maybe it'll show up in a few days.
I cancelled I believe early early hours of the 24th so that might it.
But I'm sure you're bill will show up soon online.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4475 posts
3427 upvotes
shibbyguy wrote: They charged you to the 25th, but doesn't your screenshot show a 1 day credit for the 25th? So in the end, you didn't pay for it. Might be something with their billing cycle.
I'm not sure what that negative $15 is but one day of service wouldn't be that much money, you can see how much it is for 22-25 so it'll be a like a buck and change.

I'm not too concerned, let them get an extra buck or two from me.
Aug 16, 2015
678 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Shaner wrote: It's not in the contract, that's my point. The CRTC doesn't permit claw backs any longer.
Plans and phones are two different things.