Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 12:36 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5308 posts
4306 upvotes
bpcrally wrote: Do you then need to cancel the bell prepaid? Or no?
No because you never topped it up to begin with so there's nothing to cancel
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5605 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
ocisnicola wrote: Rumor is Samsung is 50/50 on whether to keep the 3.5mm jack on the S10 so even they won't mind saving $0.20 lol
S10 was finalized at least 6 months before release. Cutting port has to do with keeping thickness minimal and encouraging to buy Samsung wireless headphones
For Sale:
  • Powerful Constant Lights for Events / Photography
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2056 posts
172 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
bpcrally wrote: Do you then need to cancel the bell prepaid? Or no?
no. it automatically gets canceled after a few months of no usage. you don't need to top up.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5308 posts
4306 upvotes
PrinceMS wrote: S10 was finalized at least 6 months before release. Cutting port has to do with keeping thickness minimal and encouraging to buy Samsung wireless headphones
Same thing with the IR blaster... Remove the IR blaster to "force" customers to buy their smart TVs and devices instead of using IR to control.

IR blaster is one of those things that should be a standard on all devices, most recently used my friends S4 at a bar to turn the volume up while watching the leafs game Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
5888 posts
524 upvotes
Kanata
For people who ported from Koodo to Bell prepaid to cancel, do you choose the $5 monthly plan? In that case, do you need to top up $5 to make it active? At the end, we only receive a confirmation on the device is activated, is that all we need? Will bell send bill to us because of the $5/month agreement?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5308 posts
4306 upvotes
rivet wrote: For people who ported from Koodo to Bell prepaid to cancel, do you choose the $5 monthly plan? In that case, do you need to top up $5 to make it active? At the end, we only receive a confirmation on the device is activated, is that all we need? Will bell send bill to us because of the $5/month agreement?
You don't need to be paying anything, you just need to port the number over to bell and then you're done.
Oct 24, 2008
952 posts
569 upvotes
MilkyWind wrote: no. it automatically gets canceled after a few months of no usage. you don't need to top up.
Gtaphotog wrote: No because you never topped it up to begin with so there's nothing to cancel
Thanks for the quick reply!! Waiting on the seller to send me the number.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
5888 posts
524 upvotes
Kanata
How long does it take to port out, and how do you know if the port is successful? I just got confirmation from Bell but failed to create a new Bell profile, the koodo line is still active and I can not link the newly created prepaid account to my old Bell internet profile.
Gtaphotog wrote: You don't need to be paying anything, you just need to port the number over to bell and then you're done.
Last edited by rivet on Dec 27th, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5308 posts
4306 upvotes
rivet wrote: How long does it take to port out, I just got confirmation from Bell but failed to create a new Bell profile, the koodo line is still active and I can not link the newly created prepaid account to my old Bell internet profile.
Usually takes a business day
Dec 26, 2018
52 posts
7 upvotes
Any iPhone 8 space Gray in Vancouver? Also if I get the plan then cancel what should be my reason and if I cancel will my credit score go down?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5308 posts
4306 upvotes
LawrenceX73471 wrote: Any iPhone 8 space Gray in Vancouver? Also if I get the plan then cancel what should be my reason and if I cancel will my credit score go down?
Your credit score gets affected when you first sign up.

You can just port the number out which automatically cancels the service.

Read up the past few pages you'll find all the answers to your questions multiple times.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
5888 posts
524 upvotes
Kanata
I assume there is no credit check when activate a prepaid with Bell, right?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5308 posts
4306 upvotes
LawrenceX73471 wrote: Kinda a noob can someone explain what porting is ?
Taking your phone number from one carrier and using it at a different one

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)