Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 12:36 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4433 posts
3365 upvotes
alicklee wrote: Did you get from bestbuy, Walmart or wow?
Did you call to cancel?
"call concluded" ? Thinking Face
Dec 19, 2006
539 posts
449 upvotes
Vancouver
LawrenceX73471 wrote: What are some excuses for canceling
You can come up with a bunch of different reasons, or you can tell the truth. Say you like your current plan on your current provider, or say that your previous provider called you back with an offer on a plan and see if Koodo will match or counter the offer. Or you can get a sim card, open a prepaid account, and port out. If they ask you to return the phone just say you prefer to keep it and pay off the tab. What are they going to do? You're in your rights contract wise to do so.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1077 posts
578 upvotes
Pickering
alicklee wrote: Did you get from bestbuy, Walmart or wow?
Did you call to cancel?

Got at Walmart. Ask to make sure they honor you with the correct promotional offer (Medium tab, 150$ WM GC as the rep I was speaking to was going to give me 100$ GC if I picked the large tab option).

And I Called - customer rep was extremely friendly and so was the cancellation rep. YMMV.

Edit:

First call took about 15 minutes as the cancellation rep wasn't available at the time, they asked to call me back. Roughly 40-45 minutes later I got the call, and the process from there was over within 5 minutes.
Last edited by Richard1986 on Dec 27th, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best deals are the ones that make you buy, even if you have no plans to ever use it.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1077 posts
578 upvotes
Pickering
Gtaphotog wrote: "call concluded" ? Thinking Face
Lol. This.
The best deals are the ones that make you buy, even if you have no plans to ever use it.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1077 posts
578 upvotes
Pickering
LawrenceX73471 wrote: What are some excuses for canceling

Told them my wife had a joint offer on her account that was most cost effective.
Jun 10, 2008
6 posts
Toronto
Hope this helps someone.

I got in touch with retentions (2 hours on the phone waiting) for my two lines. They were $49/mth for unlimited Canada calling with 6gigs. As others have noted, I too was denied the upgrade.

I upgraded onto a retention deal - $60/mth for 10 gigs. I can get the phone on my account now.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5508 posts
396 upvotes
Toronto
Gtaphotog wrote: Same thing with the IR blaster... Remove the IR blaster to "force" customers to buy their smart TVs and devices instead of using IR to control.

IR blaster is one of those things that should be a standard on all devices, most recently used my friends S4 at a bar to turn the volume up while watching the leafs game Face With Tears Of Joy
I did like IR in phones back in the day - but I remember reading that it was removed because it was one of the least used function. It also somehow changed the perception to cheaper phone or something. Hence, it was removed.
For Sale:
  • DSLR Slider
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4433 posts
3365 upvotes
PrinceMS wrote: I did like IR in phones back in the day - but I remember reading that it was removed because it was one of the least used function. It also somehow changed the perception to cheaper phone or something. Hence, it was removed.
Well ya because they only started getting popular on phones when smart/internet devices started becomes popular and more affordable essentially making it a useless piece in the device but I'd beg to differ as having an IR remote everywhere you go can be very useful.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2006
3812 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
djll wrote: Hope this helps someone.

I got in touch with retentions (2 hours on the phone waiting) for my two lines. They were $49/mth for unlimited Canada calling with 6gigs. As others have noted, I too was denied the upgrade.

I upgraded onto a retention deal - $60/mth for 10 gigs. I can get the phone on my account now.
you're willing to pay an extra 264$ per year just to get the phones? sounds like a terrible deal.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
5866 posts
518 upvotes
Kanata
Can the mobile shop claw back the PC optimum point if you cancel in a day? I assume they can not, right?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6111 posts
1911 upvotes
Montreal
anyone dissapointed with the S9 camera?
It seems like the camera software applies beauty mode on every picture (even with it turned off), the focused items or person is always a bit blurred off and lack details.
Whatsup with that?