Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 12:36 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4569 posts
3537 upvotes
Madevilz wrote: anyone dissapointed with the S9 camera?
It seems like the camera software applies beauty mode on every picture (even with it turned off), the focused items or person is always a bit blurred off and lack details.
Whatsup with that?
Definitely not a widespread issue. Sounds isolated to your device.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6113 posts
1911 upvotes
Montreal
Gtaphotog wrote: Definitely not a widespread issue. Sounds isolated to your device.
that's what I thought too, but after watching this video, I know it definitely is not an isolated issue.
The S9 pics lack details, especially on a person's skin, it looks very blurred and soft compared to the Pixel... even compared to my old LG G5.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4569 posts
3537 upvotes
Madevilz wrote: that's what I thought too, but after watching this video, I know it definitely is not an isolated issue.
The S9 pics lack details, especially on a person's skin, it looks very blurred and soft compared to the Pixel... even compared to my old LG G5.
That's very odd.

Phone is updated to the latest software?

And the apps too?
Newbie
Dec 26, 2018
39 posts
3 upvotes
Can't find any available iPhone but many of the stores told me the deal ends at the end of the week so Vancouver rites might have a chance
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1484 posts
1309 upvotes
Maple Ridge
LawrenceX73471 wrote: What are some excuses for canceling
You don't have to say anything.
It's not up to them to decide to cancel or not.
It's up to you.
And doesn't matter what you say.
They know what you are doing.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1086 posts
605 upvotes
Pickering
Madevilz wrote: that's what I thought too, but after watching this video, I know it definitely is not an isolated issue.
The S9 pics lack details, especially on a person's skin, it looks very blurred and soft compared to the Pixel... even compared to my old LG G5.

I've watched plenty of videos, read tech reviews, camera comparisons, and even used the phone myself to take a few snaps and if there's one thing I've noticed across the board is that the s9 is inconsistent. I've seen photos that were vibrant and on par with the clarity and texture of the xs and pixel 3 (some instances, even more so) , and seen photos that looked like they came from a Note 4. The photos I took recently are beautiful and don't represent the off-putting photos I've seen, but having upgraded from an Note 4 to an s7 to this one, I'll give you advice: lower your expectations. If there's one thing Samsung doesn't do well for it's flagship status, is photos. On the other hand, I'm willing to take Samsung's video capabilities over the competition. Strictly subjective, but I think the quality/contrast/colors out of the box are better on the Samsung phones than any other I've seen so far, video wise.
I'm going to the convenient store to pick me up a pack of cigarettes...
Newbie
Nov 20, 2018
5 posts
LawrenceX73471 wrote: Iphone 8 in vancouver?
Got Iphone 8 at Superstore Marine Drive yesterday. Rep said plenty left at the time. Not certain about today.
Newbie
Apr 26, 2009
27 posts
1 upvote
Windsor
Could someone summarize the final costs for buying iphone 8 on Koodo Medium Tab from The Mobile Shop and best way to cancel it (how and when)? Thanks a lot.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2006
3812 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
Richard1986 wrote: I've watched plenty of videos, read tech reviews, camera comparisons, and even used the phone myself to take a few snaps and if there's one thing I've noticed across the board is that the s9 is inconsistent. I've seen photos that were vibrant and on par with the clarity and texture of the xs and pixel 3 (some instances, even more so) , and seen photos that looked like they came from a Note 4. The photos I took recently are beautiful and don't represent the off-putting photos I've seen, but having upgraded from an Note 4 to an s7 to this one, I'll give you advice: lower your expectations. If there's one thing Samsung doesn't do well for it's flagship status, is photos. On the other hand, I'm willing to take Samsung's video capabilities over the competition. Strictly subjective, but I think the quality/contrast/colors out of the box are better on the Samsung phones than any other I've seen so far, video wise.
this is what happens to phone manufacturers outside of google and apple. both of these are primarily software companies and have been building software for decades. google is getting a slight upperhand because they've been doing AI forever now.

these korean/chinese companies are primarily hardware focused. and although they always tend to lead with packing in as much hardware as possible, they are shite at the software part. huawei has arguably the best camera hardware in their phones but they're utter garbage because they can't do proper software post-processing for shit.

camera hardware has basically reached its limit due to just having to be physically small enough to fit in a thin phone. software is the main thing thats differentiating camera quality now. thats just an edge google and apple have over their competitors.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4569 posts
3537 upvotes
Richard1986 wrote:
I've watched plenty of videos, read tech reviews, camera comparisons, and even used the phone myself to take a few snaps and if there's one thing I've noticed across the board is that the s9 is inconsistent. I've seen photos that were vibrant and on par with the clarity and texture of the xs and pixel 3 (some instances, even more so) , and seen photos that looked like they came from a Note 4. The photos I took recently are beautiful and don't represent the off-putting photos I've seen, but having upgraded from an Note 4 to an s7 to this one, I'll give you advice: lower your expectations. If there's one thing Samsung doesn't do well for it's flagship status, is photos. On the other hand, I'm willing to take Samsung's video capabilities over the competition. Strictly subjective, but I think the quality/contrast/colors out of the box are better on the Samsung phones than any other I've seen so far, video wise.
stevelam wrote: this is what happens to phone manufacturers outside of google and apple. both of these are primarily software companies and have been building software for decades. google is getting a slight upperhand because they've been doing AI forever now.

these korean/chinese companies are primarily hardware focused. and although they always tend to lead with packing in as much hardware as possible, they are shite at the software part. huawei has arguably the best camera hardware in their phones but they're utter garbage because they can't do proper software post-processing for shit.

camera hardware has basically reached its limit due to just having to be physically small enough to fit in a thin phone. software is the main thing thats differentiating camera quality now. thats just an edge google and apple have over their competitors.
I've had several and still have a couple Samsung Galaxys and I've always had great experiences with the camera.
Have gotten some incredible shots with them.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1086 posts
605 upvotes
Pickering
stevelam wrote: this is what happens to phone manufacturers outside of google and apple. both of these are primarily software companies and have been building software for decades. google is getting a slight upperhand because they've been doing AI forever now.

these korean/chinese companies are primarily hardware focused. and although they always tend to lead with packing in as much hardware as possible, they are shite at the software part. huawei has arguably the best camera hardware in their phones but they're utter garbage because they can't do proper software post-processing for shit.

camera hardware has basically reached its limit due to just having to be physically small enough to fit in a thin phone. software is the main thing thats differentiating camera quality now. thats just an edge google and apple have over their competitors.

I'm willing to believe that. If Pixel 3 is able to produce photos like that with its front facing camera that nearly decimates all other competition, then clearly the software being engineered in those things are unparalleled by any other android developers.
I'm going to the convenient store to pick me up a pack of cigarettes...
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1086 posts
605 upvotes
Pickering
prlecanada wrote: Could someone summarize the final costs for buying iphone 8 on Koodo Medium Tab from The Mobile Shop and best way to cancel it (how and when)? Thanks a lot.

If the promotion is still going on, it should be 0 down, 360 on the tab, with or without an activation fee of 35$, depending on your circumstance. I walked away with 446$ after cancellation, and @Gtaphotog walked away with 10$ less than that.


Data usage prior to cancellation are other contributing factors.



You can either cancel by calling (like I did), or port to a prepaid Bell sim card, which can be found on Ebay for 99 cents (although when i searched for them I couldn't find any for the later Samsung devices) - this subsequently cancels the former carriers plan, immediately.



Hopefully this helps, new to this myself.
I'm going to the convenient store to pick me up a pack of cigarettes...
Newbie
User avatar
Oct 27, 2018
14 posts
10 upvotes
Manitoba
Richard1986 wrote:
If the promotion is still going on, it should be 0 down, 360 on the tab, with or without an activation fee of 35$, depending on your circumstance. I walked away with 446$ after cancellation, and @Gtaphotog walked away with 10$ less than that.


Data usage prior to cancellation are other contributing factors.



You can either cancel by calling (like I did), or port to a prepaid Bell sim card, which can be found on Ebay for 99 cents (although when i searched for them I couldn't find any for the later Samsung devices) - this subsequently cancels the former carriers plan, immediately.



Hopefully this helps, new to this myself.
I just did this myself, do I need to wait before calling in or can I get the phone, walk out to the car and cancel or do I have to wait a day?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 10, 2017
1662 posts
1387 upvotes
Toronto
Richard1986 wrote: If the promotion is still going on, it should be 0 down, 360 on the tab, with or without an activation fee of 35$, depending on your circumstance. I walked away with 446$ after cancellation, and @Gtaphotog walked away with 10$ less than that.


Data usage prior to cancellation are other contributing factors.



You can either cancel by calling (like I did), or port to a prepaid Bell sim card, which can be found on Ebay for 99 cents (although when i searched for them I couldn't find any for the later Samsung devices) - this subsequently cancels the former carriers plan, immediately.



Hopefully this helps, new to this myself.
you forgot to factor in the bonus points.
Multi Millionaire in Points

Top