Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 12:36 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9293 posts
3934 upvotes
6ix
FoMoHotDeals wrote: BTH, I did the self referral to my 2nd line and I got approved right away. Will I still get the referral credit even though my 2nd is on seasonal hold now?
You can’t get referral when on seasonal hold.
Koodo $40 8GB
Dec 31, 2011
4 posts
1 upvote
Oakville, Ontario
Musiq Soulchild wrote: That's BS because I went to TMS in GTA today and they had 7 as of 9PM EST.
Which location did you go to? Thx.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
1230 posts
337 upvotes
YYC
Do you guys know when the Bestbuy deal ends? I just paid off my tab and looking to get another one.
Oct 20, 2007
123 posts
110 upvotes
Edmonton
geokilla wrote: Sold out everywhere in the GTA. Went to Wow, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart.
Kijiji seems to be well stocked with BNIB sealed S9's and IP8's
Not trying to be sarcastic and feel sorry you can't get the deal but I blame the greedy selfish flippers for retail OOS.
I hope you can still find one and enjoy the new phone!
May 2, 2018
71 posts
62 upvotes
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how does this deal work? Do i need to sign up for a phone plan plus add the medium tab? Or can I just get a medium tab (to pay for the phone only) without having a Koodo plan?
If I do need to sign up for a plan, wouldn't that be an additional charge per day that I have the plan before cancelling it?
Feb 4, 2011
185 posts
116 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
andygps wrote: Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how does this deal work? Do i need to sign up for a phone plan plus add the medium tab? Or can I just get a medium tab (to pay for the phone only) without having a Koodo plan?
If I do need to sign up for a plan, wouldn't that be an additional charge per day that I have the plan before cancelling it?
Yes you need a plan and a sim and phone number. Then you can cancel or stick with it. And you will be charged for that day.
Koodo Mobile | Tangerine | Questrade | Wealthsimple
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
4433 posts
3365 upvotes
Importz wrote: Do you guys know when the Bestbuy deal ends?
Not sure, I'm sure someone has the info from the flyer or wherever the deal was advertised.
Dec 26, 2018
39 posts
3 upvotes
How do i port out? Not like what porting is but how do I port from Koodo to rogers
Nov 21, 2015
55 posts
11 upvotes
pistoche wrote: As a Koodo customer, you probably qualify for a hardware upgrade, you should look into that. If your plan doesn't qualify for the upgrade, then you could get a 2nd line on your account with a medium tab in order to qualify for the phone. Here are the medium tab phone plans offered by Koodo (click on 'Tab Medium' and the plans will be listed there):

https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans? ... Shop_Plans

Thereafter, if you choose to cancel that 2nd line, you'll only have to pay:
Medium Tab - $360
Connection Fee - $35
Perforated Charges - Varies ($2-20)
Taxes - Around $50
Gift Card - $150 (yours to keep, so subtract this amount from total)

After accounting for the gift card, the total after cancelling comes out to around $300 after taxes. There is no cancellation fee. You will get billed in self-serve for the cancelled line several days after you put in the cancellation (however, it could take up to 4 weeks). You'll have 30 days to pay off the bill before interest starts to accrue. However, doing the second method puts you at risk of being blacklisted. If you decide to keep the 2nd line and/or are eligible for a hardware upgrade, you would be able to pay off the tab in full after 90 days.

Is there an option on Koodo selfserve (online) to cancel once you add a second line or do you need to call in or port out to cancel? I want to keep my first line.

What happens when you are blacklisted? Does Koodo stop you from buying new phones or is it just the specific store you shopped at?

Thanks
Last edited by jiguana on Dec 27th, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6110 posts
1910 upvotes
Montreal
Richard1986 wrote: I've watched plenty of videos, read tech reviews, camera comparisons, and even used the phone myself to take a few snaps and if there's one thing I've noticed across the board is that the s9 is inconsistent. I've seen photos that were vibrant and on par with the clarity and texture of the xs and pixel 3 (some instances, even more so) , and seen photos that looked like they came from a Note 4. The photos I took recently are beautiful and don't represent the off-putting photos I've seen, but having upgraded from an Note 4 to an s7 to this one, I'll give you advice: lower your expectations. If there's one thing Samsung doesn't do well for it's flagship status, is photos. On the other hand, I'm willing to take Samsung's video capabilities over the competition. Strictly subjective, but I think the quality/contrast/colors out of the box are better on the Samsung phones than any other I've seen so far, video wise.
oh i would also like to mention that the preview of the photo is actually well detailed and sharp, but only gets soft once the photo has been taken so this must be a software issue?
Someone on reddit recommended me to remove HDR.
Dec 26, 2018
39 posts
3 upvotes
If I get a new Iphone 8 then port out would I have to wait 90 days until i'll get billed? How does it work? Does it mean I have to pay 15$ for 3 months or after 3 months i have to pay 360$?
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3118 posts
1469 upvotes
Mississauga
For those converting BB GC to Visa prepaid, is there a $150 denomination available at Best Buy?
I love RFD! :)