Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 12:36 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9390 posts
2291 upvotes
Scarberia
Has anyone ported out to virgin mobile prepaid? Was wondering if u need to add money to account or u just get sim off eBay and self service tia
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
1517 posts
6758 upvotes
LawrenceX73471 wrote: Will I have to call after to make sure that I won't be charged 45$ a month?
LawrenceX73471 wrote: How do i port out? Not like what porting is but how do I port from Koodo to rogers
LawrenceX73471 wrote: If I get a new Iphone 8 then port out would I have to wait 90 days until i'll get billed? How does it work? Does it mean I have to pay 15$ for 3 months or after 3 months i have to pay 360$?
You seem completely clueless about all of this - the phones are sold out in most major cities in Canada (aka no longer available), so I'd suggest either passing on this deal because you can't seem to understand anyone's answers OR have the ability to do basic research yourself before asking.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 3, 2012
3120 posts
1474 upvotes
Mississauga
LawrenceX73471 wrote: How do i port out? Not like what porting is but how do I port from Koodo to rogers
Use an eBay Bell prepaid SIM to port.
mikka2017 wrote: Has anyone ported out to virgin mobile prepaid? Was wondering if u need to add money to account or u just get sim off eBay and self service tia
Not sure about Virgin but Bell is free.
I love RFD! :)
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 18, 2008
7037 posts
1397 upvotes
Mont-Royal
stevelam wrote: this is what happens to phone manufacturers outside of google and apple. both of these are primarily software companies and have been building software for decades. google is getting a slight upperhand because they've been doing AI forever now.

these korean/chinese companies are primarily hardware focused. and although they always tend to lead with packing in as much hardware as possible, they are shite at the software part. huawei has arguably the best camera hardware in their phones but they're utter garbage because they can't do proper software post-processing for shit.

camera hardware has basically reached its limit due to just having to be physically small enough to fit in a thin phone. software is the main thing thats differentiating camera quality now. thats just an edge google and apple have over their competitors.
i don't quite agree apple software is on par with google. they had to put several cameras to be on par with Google. Pixels cams software is top in the industry, the rest is garbage. pixel 3 isn't selling well at all, aside of their cam, they have nothing good, especially their design.

i heard the s10 i going to be crazy.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Member
Mar 21, 2010
358 posts
57 upvotes
Managed to get a s9 from Park Royal in West Vancouver today. Brought an old Blackberry z30 in to get a $50 gift card as well. I'm staying on Koodo (been customer for years) and so won't be cancelling anything. Best deal I have ever gotten on a phone, and I got an essential phone last year for $210 last year and $160 on a LG G5 the year before (i had positive tab balance to use at the time).

$360 (Tab) + $35 (Activation fee) - $150 (Mastercard Gift cards) - $50 (Trade-in) = $195 all-in
Last edited by greatwiseone2 on Dec 28th, 2018 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Dec 26, 2018
39 posts
3 upvotes
Leverage wrote: You seem completely clueless about all of this - the phones are sold out in most major cities in Canada (aka no longer available), so I'd suggest either passing on this deal because you can't seem to understand anyone's answers OR have the ability to do basic research yourself before asking.
No I mean I have a current plan on my Rogers prepaid account, There fore can I just port out that number for this one?
Newbie
Oct 15, 2016
54 posts
106 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: Has anyone ported out to virgin mobile prepaid? Was wondering if u need to add money to account or u just get sim off eBay and self service tia
I did mine with bell. Went to bell store today and asked for prepaid sim, paid 10+tax. You can also get the same sim from ebay for $1 but i didnt want to wait.
Jr. Member
Mar 27, 2016
135 posts
122 upvotes
Vancouver
yo2boy wrote: For those converting BB GC to Visa prepaid, is there a $150 denomination available at Best Buy?
Yes, and you have to pay $6.50 + tax for activation at the cashier.
Newbie
Dec 26, 2018
27 posts
34 upvotes
The BB rep told me Koodo will often waive the activation fee if you call and ask them to.
Member
User avatar
Dec 4, 2013
459 posts
189 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
yo2boy wrote: For those converting BB GC to Visa prepaid, is there a $150 denomination available at Best Buy?
Yup $150 denomination is available, however it was limited at the BB I went to. There were two remaining when I left the store.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 4, 2005
794 posts
110 upvotes
greatwiseone2 wrote: Managed to get a s9 from Park Royal in West Vancouver today. Brought an old Blackberry z30 in to get a $50 gift card as well. I'm staying on Koodo (been customer for years) and so won't be cancelling anything. Best deal I have ever gotten on a phone, and I got an essential phone last year for $210 last year and $160 on a LG G5 the year before (i had positive tab balance to use at the time).

$360 (Tab) + $35 (Activation fee) - $150 (Wow Gift cards) - $50 (Trade-in) = $195 all-in
So Wow gives you a gift card and not a visa card? What will you do with the $50 credit + $150gc? What do they sell there?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2426 posts
667 upvotes
Calgary
Leverage wrote: You seem completely clueless about all of this - the phones are sold out in most major cities in Canada (aka no longer available), so I'd suggest either passing on this deal because you can't seem to understand anyone's answers OR have the ability to do basic research yourself before asking.
Why do i have a feeling LarenceX73471 is the same person as RajnikantP32453 lol. same guy who asked if he can return the phone and keep the gift card.
Last edited by dnyc on Dec 28th, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Sep 8, 2010
344 posts
190 upvotes
Ottawa
tntdeal wrote: What was your plan before and what is your plan after?
I moved from Videotron.
Also someone else said that 200$ for the iPhone X was a Quebec price only.
Member
Sep 8, 2010
344 posts
190 upvotes
Ottawa
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: You are misleading .. your net cost will be around $840 in case u cancel same day.. $400 upfront plus $480 tab +$35+tax minus your $200 gift card
I'm a little bit late to answer but I paid 200$ upfront not 400$.

Top