Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 12:36 pm
Nov 23, 2015
16 posts
2 upvotes
ON
Jump on this for the S9 or wait for the S10 :rolleyes:
Haven't bought a new phone in a while, do deals like this (0$, medium tab) ever come with new-gen phones?
Jun 15, 2016
222 posts
124 upvotes
smacd wrote:
Koodo is the most fair of all the telcos. How hard would it be to call, cancel your not shipped yet CPO and buy one at a booth?

Called into customer service, they said they are not able to help with orders and gave me another departments line. Kinda weird how customer service cant help?
TusharN30757 wrote:
All CPO are out of stock. I spoke to them yesterday since my order made on 18 didn't ship yet.

No bad practice here mate, tab gets reversed once the order is cancelled. Just call in and they will take care of you.
I purchased the iPhones on December 16th, they were selling them well after the 16th...

The purchase was 2 iPhones, on two separate accounts and lines.

The first purchase was in the morning on my first account, it had a $150 BILL CREDITS used to apply to the phone.

The second purchased was in the evening and had no bill credits, I paid full price.

They shipped the approved the second purchase but not the first...

The first order was not approved yet because Koodo does not want to apply the $150 in bill credits towards the iPhone as it is less profitable then another phone for them. They will cancel my first order and say they "ran out of stock"

This is bad practice mate...
Last edited by Mikenello on Dec 28th, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2718 posts
3003 upvotes
noched wrote: Jump on this for the S9 or wait for the S10 :rolleyes:
Haven't bought a new phone in a while, do deals like this (0$, medium tab) ever come with new-gen phones?
very very small difference between phones nowadays for what you really need. This one is priced as a steal. I myself own an S8+, don't see much of an upgrade, so not jumping on it due to no difference at all. I would if they would allow my upgrade with the current QC plan, but not for a new activation and cancellation, not worth it for me.
Items need gone fast:
Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Gen - SOLD
Amazon Echo Input
Crib White
TV Stand
Deal Addict
May 1, 2006
3812 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
L4cky wrote: i don't quite agree apple software is on par with google. they had to put several cameras to be on par with Google. Pixels cams software is top in the industry, the rest is garbage. pixel 3 isn't selling well at all, aside of their cam, they have nothing good, especially their design.

i heard the s10 i going to be crazy.
i did say google is (slightly) ahead in terms of software. apple was the strongest in the camera department for a while but they've slowly gone behind. i still prefer apples post-processing to pretty much any non-google android phone though. when i had the p20 pro for a short while, i was actually completely confused as to how that phone was considered a flagship android device with the 'best' camera. it was just so bad in terms of consistency.

my last samsung was an s6 and i thought that took photos just fine.
Jun 29, 2017
10 posts
2 upvotes
LawrenceX73471 wrote: Any stock in Vancouver?
I picked up an S9 at the Metrotown RCSS this morning; I don't think it was the last one. My backup plan was going to be the Wow kiosk. Went to BB yesterday, they said all stores out of stock.
Jun 20, 2009
58 posts
15 upvotes
Canada
Mikenello wrote: Called into customer service, they said they are not able to help with orders and gave me another departments line. Kinda weird how customer service cant help?

I purchased the iPhones on December 16th, they were selling them well after the 16th...

The purchase was 2 iPhones, on two separate accounts and lines.

The first purchase was in the morning on my first account, it had a $150 BILL CREDITS used to apply to the phone.

The second purchased was in the evening and had no bill credits, I paid full price.

They shipped the approved the second purchase but not the first...

The first order was not approved yet because Koodo does not want to apply the $150 in bill credits towards the iPhone as it is less profitable then another phone for them. They will cancel my first order and say they "ran out of stock"

This is bad practice mate...
Probably have you the webstore line, which is the department dealing with online orders.
Jul 17, 2018
372 posts
114 upvotes
stevelam wrote: i did say google is (slightly) ahead in terms of software. apple was the strongest in the camera department for a while but they've slowly gone behind. i still prefer apples post-processing to pretty much any non-google android phone though. when i had the p20 pro for a short while, i was actually completely confused as to how that phone was considered a flagship android device with the 'best' camera. it was just so bad in terms of consistency.

my last samsung was an s6 and i thought that took photos just fine.
i honestly do not think the S9 camera is as great as the audio quality is. the colors are washed out and look off.
Oct 13, 2008
611 posts
357 upvotes
Mississauga
Rakkaus wrote: Just call them and they will fix it , but
Just wait for your final bill in pdf format
What you see iare charges there are credits too and the pdf file will show those on the mean time do some number crunching and see if your bill amount is in line with your estimate.

Ask for the agent email address you can communicate with them via email while you are on vacation

Enjoy your vacation
Spoke to Koodo CS from a callback, very nice and polite lady who applied all proper credits and my bill is fine now. She could not put me on seasonal hold for my vacation period as I had not completed my 3 month period which is fine by me. She suggested that I lower my plan during the vacation period and then change it back when I am back. Hopefully this helps others who are having issues with their bills.
Jul 17, 2018
372 posts
114 upvotes
hiker007 wrote: I did read the first few pages, all I got is people sign up an line and cancel it, so the Total cost=$35 activation fee + first month fee + Cancellation fee + TAX
Personally I never used those "TAB" so far but I know to buy out a contract in the first month is usually costly.
There is NO cancellation fee.

Kodoo does NOT have cancellation fees because it is NOT a contract.

You pay the phone balance, tax, pro-rata monthly plan costs and activation fee.
Oct 14, 2018
8 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Hi guys,

I scrolled back to the last 12 pages of this thread but I couldn't find an answer. How do I quickly cancel on Koodo? I want to cancel by calling into Koodo, but their main number (866-99-KOODO) doesn't have an option to speak to an associate anymore. Can somebody help?

My last resort is to drive to Walmart and get one of the free Public Mobile sims and port out but right now I'm trying to battle a fever so leaving the house isn't something I want to do.
Oct 27, 2018
14 posts
10 upvotes
Manitoba
Anyone whos done a port to bell prepaid, how long does it take to get the Kodoo cancellation email?

I Just did it a few minutes ago, just curious how long I should expect to wait.
Dec 23, 2018
37 posts
24 upvotes
GVA
[you can schedule a call back from koodo.
Public Mobile, ChatR customer
Dec 23, 2018
37 posts
24 upvotes
GVA
ToryA76271 wrote: Anyone whos done a port to bell prepaid, how long does it take to get the Kodoo cancellation email?

I Just did it a few minutes ago, just curious how long I should expect to wait.
People were saying it takes like 3-4days usually but could be longer
Public Mobile, ChatR customer
May 8, 2017
224 posts
101 upvotes
Anyone able to get this deal today in GTA?...at most of the locations it is OOS.