Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2019 7:35 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4837 posts
4008 upvotes
Eljoka wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 5:00 pm
I would greatly appreciate some help in understanding these kind of deals.

I'm currently on the Fido 15$ 3gb plan and use Fongo for my call/texts needs. This fits my needs perfectly, but unfortunately my phone just died.

If I understand correctly, with these GC deals, I can :
- Go in-store and sign up for a new plan (let's say on Koodo Medium Tab) for whatever monthly plan;
- Use the 150$ GC to buy a mastercard GC (and pay a small fee);
- On the next day, cancel my plan (I see some change their number to an alberta one in order to save some taxes);
- I will then need to pay off the remaining tab amount (can I use the GC for this? I'm guessing not really, but I suppose I could anyway use the GC for grocery, which would be equivalent);
- Keep the phone and use it for the 15$ 3gb Fido plan.

So this offer gets me a brand new phone to use with my current plan in exchange for a hit on my credit rating (which is fine since I'm not planning on changing home for a while).
Sure. Sounds like you got it... you're just a month late to the deal...
Nov 20, 2013
52 posts
6 upvotes
Outremont
Well, I'm sure there will be other deals in the future :)

I could get a brand new 6s for 260$ right now, which isn't too bad, but I would sure prefer a newer version.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3431 posts
2438 upvotes
Eljoka wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 5:18 pm

I could get a brand new 6s for 260$ right now, which isn't too bad, but I would sure prefer a newer version.
Lol having to jump through all those hoops to get a 6S for 250 is not close to a deal.

You can find them for cheaper and no credit check on Kijiji, letgo and eBay.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4837 posts
4008 upvotes
Eljoka wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 5:18 pm

iPhone 8 worked out to $210 on the Boxing Day deal...

iPhone 6S is not worth it. It was actually $60 (after $350 GC) during the last sale (Back to School, I think). Don't forget there's a hard credit check when signing up for a new plan, plus $35 activation fee, plus monthly charge for a few days of whatever plan you choose.
Dec 24, 2017
376 posts
636 upvotes
lel
I'm not sure if anyone is still looking at this thread, but did anyone who was promised the $150 additional bill credit from Koodoo for the s9 actually get it in the end? My monthly bill came in and I don't see the $25 of credit which is supposed to be applied over 6 months.

To clarify, I got the $150 GC, the $0 up front, and another $150 from Koodo, bringing the price of my phone to less than $200.
Koodo $45 - 4GB +1GB bonus (retention deal). S9 for $360-150 GC
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
1780 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
My god, change your number just to save a few cents ...... The lengths that some will go through to save a penny.
Eljoka wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 5:00 pm
I would greatly appreciate some help in understanding these kind of deals.

I'm currently on the Fido 15$ 3gb plan and use Fongo for my call/texts needs. This fits my needs perfectly, but unfortunately my phone just died.

If I understand correctly, with these GC deals, I can :
- Go in-store and sign up for a new plan (let's say on Koodo Medium Tab) for whatever monthly plan;
- Use the 150$ GC to buy a mastercard GC (and pay a small fee);
- On the next day, cancel my plan (I see some change their number to an alberta one in order to save some taxes);
- I will then need to pay off the remaining tab amount (can I use the GC for this? I'm guessing not really, but I suppose I could anyway use the GC for grocery, which would be equivalent);
- Keep the phone and use it for the 15$ 3gb Fido plan.

So this offer gets me a brand new phone to use with my current plan in exchange for a hit on my credit rating (which is fine since I'm not planning on changing home for a while).
--------------------------------------
flickr
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
1987 posts
912 upvotes
Montreal
hey_dude1643 wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 6:20 pm
My god, change your number just to save a few cents ...... The lengths that some will go through to save a penny.
Lengths? It was a few clicks of the mouse via their online Koodo account for the folks who did it ... Penny? Roughly $40 in savings for us QC residents and $32 for you guys in ONT ... Either you don't know what you're talking about or you're on the wrong website.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2009
2002 posts
710 upvotes
I opened 2 lines ~December 21-22nd and closed them both on December 24th. When I log into self serve, it says I do not have a balance owing and clicking "my profile" under the self serve tab brings me to a blank page with a blue rectangle in the middle.

Anyone else not have a final bill yet?
Sep 8, 2016
18 posts
5 upvotes
goodguy90 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2019 5:08 am
I opened 2 lines ~December 21-22nd and closed them both on December 24th. When I log into self serve, it says I do not have a balance owing and clicking "my profile" under the self serve tab brings me to a blank page with a blue rectangle in the middle.

Anyone else not have a final bill yet?
I don't have a final bill yet either. Opened December 26 and cancelled on the 27th.
Dec 26, 2004
610 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
hukevi wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 1:37 pm
I don't have a final bill yet either. Opened December 26 and cancelled on the 27th.
You should have the final bill by now... I cancelled on Dec 26th...and just got my 2nd bill, which is the final.
Dec 23, 2010
18 posts
I haven't received a bill yet either. They said they would send via mail / email
Nov 19, 2005
975 posts
390 upvotes
I know dead thread but I just received a $35 cheque from koodo, not sure for what, I had paid off the exact amount they had asked for. any one else got a similar cheque?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10673 posts
9787 upvotes
bilaliz wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 3:08 pm
I know dead thread but I just received a $35 cheque from koodo, not sure for what, I had paid off the exact amount they had asked for. any one else got a similar cheque?
The $35 may be the $35 connection fee. When did you cancel your account?
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, $7 50min/50text,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 3 lines $95/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Nov 10, 2013
955 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bilaliz wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 3:08 pm
It’s good I subscribed to this thread so I that I saw our post.

I also received a cheque. But I got $70 and I had 2 lines. I assume they are returning Activation fee. I was really surprised when I got it and had no clue what r was for until I figured out $70 is $35 times 2.
Nov 19, 2005
975 posts
390 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 3:18 pm
The $35 may be the $35 connection fee. When did you cancel your account?
same day I activated my account, didnt even put the sim in the phone.