I'm currently on the Fido 15$ 3gb plan and use Fongo for my call/texts needs. This fits my needs perfectly, but unfortunately my phone just died.
If I understand correctly, with these GC deals, I can :
- Go in-store and sign up for a new plan (let's say on Koodo Medium Tab) for whatever monthly plan;
- Use the 150$ GC to buy a mastercard GC (and pay a small fee);
- On the next day, cancel my plan (I see some change their number to an alberta one in order to save some taxes);
- I will then need to pay off the remaining tab amount (can I use the GC for this? I'm guessing not really, but I suppose I could anyway use the GC for grocery, which would be equivalent);
- Keep the phone and use it for the 15$ 3gb Fido plan.
So this offer gets me a brand new phone to use with my current plan in exchange for a hit on my credit rating (which is fine since I'm not planning on changing home for a while).