Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 12:36 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2013
1311 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bilaliz wrote: I know dead thread but I just received a $35 cheque from koodo, not sure for what, I had paid off the exact amount they had asked for. any one else got a similar cheque?
It’s good I subscribed to this thread so I that I saw our post.

I also received a cheque. But I got $70 and I had 2 lines. I assume they are returning Activation fee. I was really surprised when I got it and had no clue what r was for until I figured out $70 is $35 times 2.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1458 posts
1000 upvotes
embguy wrote: The $35 may be the $35 connection fee. When did you cancel your account?
same day I activated my account, didnt even put the sim in the phone.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
I just checked my account. My current amount owing went down by $85. I will know which line I got the reduction in my next statement.

I am wondering why Koodo did not refund the sales tax as Koodo charged sales tax on your activation fees.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Jul 4, 2018
957 posts
822 upvotes
I guess it pays to cancel asap unlike me doing a HUP and being told by koodo csr that i was s.o.l and i should have never asked about the fee being waved. He also said whomever advised me that i may ask koodo to get it waved have provided bogus information. That dude koodo csr was on pms that day because all i did was asked nicely if it is possible to have it waved since i did a hup but he wasnt having it.

It baffles my mind that doing a HUP was charged a connection fee but the s9 deal was too good to pass up.

I congratulate every one that did the asap cancel and got your money back.
Put some resphek on my name!
Feb 1, 2015
910 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
pistoche wrote: From last year: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/walmart ... #p28475921
You claimed:

Many people did this same thing last year, and some even cancelled on the same day. There are those who even got multiple phones last year and were still able get phones this year. Secondly, I don't think a lowly employee would have access to the information you're claiming to have (not yet anyway, if it were indeed true). For you to have that sort of information, you'd have to be pretty high on the totem pole, and I frankly doubt you are from browsing through your post history. "But, at the same time, duplicate bans (accounts) will appear in credit check process and it’ll be harder to activate another account if you cancel." Just like last year, I think you're just trying to get people to not cancel, perhaps in a bid to keep customers with Koodo or in an effort to make sure Koodo doesn't put an end to these tab promotions. If this was such a dire issue, why would Koodo let it go on for this many years? The numbers do look good to shareholders, so that's probably the reason they're letting it slide. I reckon the benefits outweigh the losses. That said, I do think one day in the future Koodo will do away with these, but I doubt it'll be in February. All in all, dear friend, I think you're full of hot air.
This didn’t age well eh?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1972 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
Eyesman27 wrote: How's this scheme going for you?
:facepalm: the penalty only applies to people who got the deal after August 25. Wake up it's almost 2020Face Screaming In Fear As for the scheming I"m glad I got in on the last min, made over 7K. My only regret is that I never got in on it sooner for all the wrong reasons.
Multi Millionaire in Points