Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2019 4:49 pm
Jan 9, 2017
5 posts
3 upvotes
Has anyone done the next-day cancellation with Best Buy and successfully bought from them subsequently? (As in, has anyone done the cancellation and NOT been blacklisted?)

Conversely, anyone out there on the BB blacklist?
Aug 4, 2010
252 posts
146 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Ryanroldy wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 12:24 am
Has anyone done the next-day cancellation with Best Buy and successfully bought from them subsequently? (As in, has anyone done the cancellation and NOT been blacklisted?)

I was told that for Koodo you need to stay with them for at least 3 months.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
1526 posts
1015 upvotes
Ryanroldy wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 12:24 am

I've been asking similar questions all through the thread tonight and no answer so I guess no one really knows until they try and get denied.

Either way I'm going to wait till the afternoon till cancel to see if I can potentially get another phone through Walmart or BB.
Nov 30, 2018
26 posts
111 upvotes
DPyro wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 12:11 am
My mom just ordered the S8 online from Koodo on a new activation. Can she just upgrade to the S9 from Bestbuy?
I'd say your best bet is to sign up for a new activation in-store for the S9 - upgrades only occur once the tab is paid off and you won't be able to pay off the tab online until after 3 months. You have a 15 day return window for the S8 on new activation so you won't receive any charges if you cancel right when you get it (you might get long wait times on the phone though so prepare for that).
supermaster wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 12:12 am
Anyone know how long this offer will last? I ordered CPO iPhone 8 and thought its better to return that and sign to this one. Any thought?
Offers change so often during these sales that you can never know when it'll end. I'd say this goes on until Boxing Day but stock will be your main problem going into it later in the season. If there's stock at your local Best Buy, I'd say sign up now and return the CPO iPhone 8 if you don't want to pay anything for the CPO (if that was a new activation).
cdncbum12 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 12:12 am
Any idea when this deal is going on for? I don't get back into Canada until the night of the 30th :(
Nobody can say for sure but I would bet that either the sale or the stock will be done with come the 30th - best bet is to get someone to do it for you!
Last edited by theastromechdroid on Dec 23rd, 2018 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
1526 posts
1015 upvotes
pistoche wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 12:17 am
It's still on, but the supply at each location is the issue. I haven't heard of any shortages today, but who knows about tomorrow, let alone next week.
Are there any details on when the deal officially commences, like deep in some fine print on a flyer somewhere?
Nov 27, 2016
97 posts
9 upvotes
theastromechdroid wrote:
I'd say your best bet is to sign up for a new activation in-store for the S9 - upgrades only occur once the tab is paid off and you won't be able to pay off the tab online until after 3 months. You have a 15 day return window for the S8 on new activation so you won't receive any charges if you cancel right when you get it (you might get long wait times on the phone though so prepare for that).

Offers change so often during these sales that you can never know when it'll end. I'd say this goes on until Boxing Day but stock will be your main problem going into it later in the season. If there's stock at your local Best Buy, I'd say sign up now and cancel the CPO iPhone 8 (if that was a new activation).

Nobody can say for sure but I would bet that either the sale or the stock will be done with come the 30th - best bet is to get someone to do it for you!
Thanks for the reply. I was in middle of cancelling process and this deal showed up today. Wish I can ask to return instead cancel and pay off the phone. Or if not I might just add a line and sell the CPO one.
Dec 21, 2018
4 posts
Hello all, Im new to this stuff but after reading this thread im still confused and have questions:
So my situation is that, Im with bell right now (my contract just ended today - im paying $40 per month) and Im planning to get a new phone. Im interested in getting this deal.

My question is how much do I pay per month if I get this deal??
And I keep seeing this "cancel" thing, what is that? Why would you cancel?

If someone could explain it, that would be very helpful. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
1526 posts
1015 upvotes
Has anyone CONFIRMED that the S9's are coming unlocked from Koodo?
Mar 27, 2016
41 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
Sorry kinda off topic, but does anyone know if Fido renewals on medium plan would have this deal? TIA
Nov 27, 2016
97 posts
9 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote: Has anyone CONFIRMED that the S9's are coming unlocked from Koodo?
Any phone you get right now should be unlocked. Plus you can unlock yourself once you sign up the self-serve.
Jan 24, 2013
42 posts
9 upvotes
EDMONTON
Gtaphotog wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 12:42 am

Phones by law have to come unlocked now.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1568 posts
503 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote:
Welcome to 2018. No such thing as locked phones at retail in Canada.
Last edited by doctorgonzo on Dec 23rd, 2018 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1182 posts
870 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote:
Why do you think phones come locked after Dec 2017?
Nov 30, 2018
26 posts
111 upvotes
supermaster wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 12:38 am
Thanks for the reply. I was in middle of cancelling process and this deal showed up today. Wish I can ask to return instead cancel and pay off the phone. Or if now I just add a line and sell the CPO one.
Sorry for the wording there - you can definitely return the phone once it's been shipped to you. See more info here.

You won't get any charges since the phone / SIM obviously wasn't used (or even delivered yet). That way, you effectively get the S9 without paying a cent for the S8 since you returned it.

To sum it all up, if you cancel the S8, you will end up cancelling the plan but paying the tab balance (and any applicable charges) for the S8.
If you return the S8, you will return the phone and plan with no harm/charges done.

I wouldn't advise adding a line since you'll take a credit hit, I'd rather return the phone altogether and just get the the S9.