Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2019 7:35 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
5800 posts
503 upvotes
Kanata
Which koodo plan to sign up if I intend to cancel? Also, why is every one want to port out, does it make any difference to just call Koodo to cancel directly?
What is the referal bonus, does it apply to this deal?
Feb 28, 2008
805 posts
320 upvotes
Canada
Michael4357 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 9:58 am
Hey guys, I’m just wondering, why is everyone cancelling with Koodo? I’m doing this deal for my wife and the $75 for 10 GB is one of the best plan deals. She even gets a 30 percent corporate discount Fromm rogers and it doesn’t work out as good.

Please explain what I am missing here? Your making me hesistant to sign up and Stay with Koodo
Obviously either they've already got better plans elsewhere, or better plans within Koodo.

Does she actually use 10GB per month? You should definitely shop around for some good plans. Koodo has in QC 10GB for $56. Public Mobile has 8GB for $50 (at capped 3Mbps speed). Others like Fido include phone with their plans, etc... Between Koodo and Public, you'd pay $600 plus taxes more over two years - way more than these phones go on Kijiji now.
Jun 2, 2017
62 posts
79 upvotes
dgnr8 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 10:58 am
Not true, I got one yesterday and today. I just had to pay off the $360 tab. I received the $150 gift card on both.
so you did get the deal twice within a month? Just go to BB and ask for the upgrade deal? Thanks for the info.. I I may try today if that's the case.
Aug 7, 2016
6 posts
1 upvote
g3hancdf wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 10:13 am
anyone knows whether I can get this deal as an upgrade? I'm with Koodo since last BF (<1month).
Yes you can as long as your previous tab is paid off.
Aug 1, 2012
14 posts
VICTORIA
Curious... how did you pay off your tab right away? I got my S9 yesterday but my self serve account says I can't pay off my tab right now.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
1747 posts
826 upvotes
cartfan123 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 7:12 am
Oh I’d shed no tears for little old Telus. Their stock price is near a 5 year high and remain part of the big 3 that pillage us for data. I view these deals from Koodo as a way of giving back. They may not last forever either so enjoy while they are around.

Well it’s still well below your cost. And this way the buyer gets a decent deal also. Pretty win win. In an age where two generation old phone for $600 is considered cheap.

Given how expensive the latest crop of iPhones is, I think many people just instead of upgrading to the newest are happy enough to get an iPhone 8 and move on. That said with the S9 you are getting pretty much the fastest Android has to offer at this time, so a solid phone all around. Both phones are solid choices.
I really love how you are lurking around in this thread after ragging on all of us for waiting for a better deal then your $360 preowned deal that you said is the best deal and we are dumb for waiting hahaha
Got that Zoomer account!
Nov 27, 2016
98 posts
9 upvotes
Just get to store and signed up this. Will return my CPO order to Koodo and keep this one. Just wondering if bestbuy gift card can buy prepaid Visa card online? Been told can’t use it to buy a visa prepaid in store.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
1987 posts
912 upvotes
Montreal
DPyro wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 11:06 am
Get a free sim and port out https://www.distribu-sim.ca/
I assume you have used them before? Website looks sketchy ...

I ordered Bell sim via ebay as suggested in this thread. Added message for seller to send sim # via email and just received it (approx 1 hour later).

Any reason to set up Koodo online account before porting? For example, will final bill come by mail?
Dec 21, 2018
4 posts
Hey, just wondering, is the referral program usable to the best buy deal?
Nov 20, 2018
14 posts
14 upvotes
cheapshopper wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 9:31 am
I have couple account with Koodo, but I haven't done this Hardware upgrade game before.

1). If I see in self service portal that I have $150 credit to upgrade, and I do it Best Buy, will I also get the $150 credit from Koodo?
2). After 3 month, do I have to pay off the tab in order to see next round of promo? or i will still see promo, and I just have to pay off the tab before I can buy again?
3). If I do this repeatedly, get a phone, pay it off in couple months, buy a phone again, and repeat, will I get flag? Or the flag is for someone activate new line than cancel just to get the phone?
Hi there,

I do have Hardware upgrade credit in to my koodo account. I did get s9 st bestbuy. You can not stack both credit, you can get either 150 GC or 150 koodo credit towards phone.

So I pick BB GC and now I lost koodo credit.
Oct 13, 2008
515 posts
319 upvotes
Toronto
warhawk wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 11:28 am
Anyone seeing free option under bell sign up? I see a minimum $5. No option for by the minute.
You don't pay until the service is activated or ported. Your Sim card won't work until you topup.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
7094 posts
6371 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
riseagainstthemachine wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 11:20 am
I really love how you are lurking around in this thread after ragging on all of us for waiting for a better deal then your $360 preowned deal that you said is the best deal and we are dumb for waiting hahaha
Seems like you have an case of Extreme Residual Butthurt.

Might want to get that checked out. Oh yeah and any of us who got that prior deal received it, kept it if we wanted to, paid off tab and can still go for these deals where available on renewals.
Nov 24, 2016
937 posts
1080 upvotes
I must say i'm impressed. In and out in like 5mins usually themobileshop takes forever, along with wowmobile
Sep 19, 2014
6 posts
Toronto
can someone post instruction to port with Bell. I got the sim card, but I cant seem to figure out where I sign up for the service on MyBell

thanks
Jun 2, 2007
47 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
I picked up an S9 from BB yesterday with the intention of cancelling and using the phone with my Bell $45/6Gb loyalty plan.

But now I'm thinking of keeping this Koodo account and porting over my existing Bell number, since I will never be able to get a new phone with Bell while keeping the plan I have.

If I do port over my Bell number and call Koodo in 2 weeks to say I'm getting Winback offers from Bell, do you think Koodo would offer me a better plan or would my account be too new to qualify for anything?

I know it's hard to predict what could be available but I thought I'd ask in case anyone had a similar experience.