Expired Hot Deals

Samsung Galaxy S9 or Apple iPhone 8 - $0 on Koodo Medium Tab + $150 GC @ Best Buy + Now Wow Mobile / Wal-Mart / RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2019 4:49 pm
Jan 17, 2017
21 posts
8 upvotes
Balanar08 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 1:21 pm
Yes you can go to bestbuy and upgrade. Youll be paying 15 ontop of your plan. Only disadvantage of activating in a store is you have to pay a 35 dollar connection fee which is waived if you do it online with the Koodo website. However 150 gc >> 35 activation..
Not gone through this whole thread but I could not get the upgrade and keep the 60$ 10 gig plan. BB said the only option was 75$ for 10 gigs then the 15 tab on top.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6254 posts
736 upvotes
Toronto
Star* wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 2:48 pm
iPhone8 vs S9 which one has more value for resale?
iPhone for sure.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1182 posts
870 upvotes
dZoolander wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 2:54 pm
I upgraded & paid my tab 4 times on each of the 2 lines in my account since Black Friday and never cancelled any services, just upgraded > paid tab > repeated. Went to Best Buy this morning with 0 balance & 0 tab on my account to get the S9 but upgrade won't go through even though I did not have a tab, not even on a new line activation. Best Buy agent calls Koodo to find out what was going on and was told there had been a restriction placed on my account which prevents me from buying new phones.
Don't we have to wait 90 days to pay off the tab?
Feb 6, 2017
950 posts
439 upvotes
This is a great phone, upgraded from a LG G6. Noticeably faster, better screen and display resolution. First thing I did was removed Bixby, enhanced the resolution to 4k, and enabled Dolby Atmos for better sound. Now ordering a Spigen case from Amazon to cover up the purple model that I had to settle for lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
1969 posts
1559 upvotes
kyw3040 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 1:26 pm
Anybody in GVRD find iPhone 8 in stock this morning? Why don’t these guys pick up their phones...
Just a wild guess but maybe they don't want to answer ur calls bc they're first helping customers who went to those locations.
Mar 11, 2013
206 posts
250 upvotes
Brampton
Bramalea Best Buy(Not the mobile one) has few S9 and iP8 left in stock(@2:30 PM EST) as per the rep. They have all colours though.

The rep was able to add international min for $0. Not sure if it is YMMV.
Last edited by duraikmurugan on Dec 23rd, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1182 posts
870 upvotes
Kevg33 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 2:57 pm
Not gone through this whole thread but I could not get the upgrade and keep the 60$ 10 gig plan. BB said the only option was 75$ for 10 gigs then the 15 tab on top.
Login to your koodo account and add any phone on a medium tab to cart. Then select add plan. If you see the same plan you have in the list, your plan is eligible for the upgrade.
Jul 8, 2010
755 posts
222 upvotes
White Bear, ON
Can you keep the phone sealed and use a phone that you already have with the new plan that is offered?
Sep 13, 2013
5 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
frendzpz wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 2:49 pm
Went to bestbuy STC morning but no s9,ip8.
I was planning on going to STC bestbuy this evening. So they are oos for ip8?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1097 posts
441 upvotes
Star* wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 2:48 pm
iPhone8 vs S9 which one has more value for resale?
Unfortunately, iphone 8 seems to hold better resale value
S9 is way way better phone, its even better phone than Iphone xs or whatever the new iphone is
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1097 posts
441 upvotes
dZoolander wrote:
I upgraded & paid my tab 4 times on each of the 2 lines in my account since Black Friday and never cancelled any services, just upgraded > paid tab > repeated. Went to Best Buy this morning with 0 balance & 0 tab on my account to get the S9 but upgrade won't go through even though I did not have a tab, not even on a new line activation. Best Buy agent calls Koodo to find out what was going on and was told there had been a restriction placed on my account which prevents me from buying new phones.

So I call Koodo when I got home and after being placed on hold, I was told that there was a 90-day policy on upgrades & since I had just recently made upgrades on both lines in the last 10 days, my account is currently under investigation with their credit department. Investigate what I asked? I don't even owe them anything, I upgraded and paid my tabs each time & my account balance is zero. I said if their policy is 90 days, then their system should not allow upgrades in their website that does not meet that criteria to begin with?

I know I may have gone overboard a bit with 8 phones in a span of a month (4 on each line), but I thought I read somewhere here that you're allowed to buy 8 phones per line or something? Has this happen to anyone else? If so, is this a permanent restriction or will the restriction get lifted after 90 days or something?
lol, 8 phones in a month, lol

You do realize, koodo was giving you "activation credit"; you obviously didn't pay full price for the phone... I can't understand what you were trying to say, by saying u have 0 balance, lol..
you abused their discount system and you got banned. it has nothing to do with the 0 balance, lol
Last edited by JIB9022 on Dec 23rd, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1182 posts
870 upvotes
mathu83 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 3:04 pm
Can you keep the phone sealed and use a phone that you already have with the new plan that is offered?
So you are looking to sale it eh.....BestBuy will most likely break the seal to make sure the unit is perfect and includes everything in the box.
May 27, 2010
32 posts
14 upvotes
first person to lose his mind and rant post about it when koodoo changes their policy right here...
dZoolander wrote:

So I call Koodo when I got home and after being placed on hold, I was told that there was a 90-day policy on upgrades & since I had just recently made upgrades on both lines in the last 10 days, my account is currently under investigation with their credit department. Investigate what I asked? I don't even owe them anything, I upgraded and paid my tabs each time & my account balance is zero. I said if their policy is 90 days, then their system should not allow upgrades in their website that does not meet that criteria to begin with?

I know I may have gone overboard a bit with 8 phones in a span of a month (4 on each line), but I thought I read somewhere here that you're allowed to buy 8 phones per line or something? Has this happen to anyone else? If so, is this a permanent restriction or will the restriction get lifted after 90 days or something?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
1526 posts
1015 upvotes
chhotadon wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 3:10 pm
So you are looking to sale it eh.....BestBuy will most likely break the seal to make sure the unit is perfect and includes everything in the box.
Not they do not open the box